Windows 10: Some Drives Available in Explorer while others are only listed under "This PC" Why?

Discus and support Some Drives Available in Explorer while others are only listed under "This PC" Why? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Itunes and Creative Sound Recorder which will not use any drive under This PC, yet will use the drives listed separately. Creative Identifies... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JANSTIKLICKAS, May 15, 2019.

1. Some Drives Available in Explorer while others are only listed under "This PC" Why?

I have Itunes and Creative Sound Recorder which will not use any drive under This PC, yet will use the drives listed separately. Creative Identifies the drive as a Floppy or CD. Yet this is not listed that way in Device Manager.

Only 4 Drives are listed the others show only under This PC. Why? This is the only common for the issue above

Some Drives Available in Explorer while others are only listed under "This PC" Why? 4b9e0878-a795-4c9b-996f-59b794c3a88b?upload=true.jpg

:)

JANSTIKLICKAS, May 15, 2019

2. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, May 15, 2019
  3. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer navigation pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up?

Here is what I am dealing with:

Some Drives Available in Explorer while others are only listed under "This PC" Why? [​IMG]

The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a USB Flash drive is not necessary and I would like to remove one of them.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

I think I found it here: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

I'll give it a go and find out.

It appears that the drives listed under "This PC" are not considered duplicate listings and the reg file does not have any effect on those listings.

So imperially or practically, I guess I don't really have a duplicate listing of the drive unless the branch of "This PC" is expanded.

EyeInTheSky, May 15, 2019
  4. Some Drives Available in Explorer while others are only listed under "This PC" Why?

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Some Drives Available in Explorer while others are only listed under "This PC" Why?

1. Some Drives Available in Explorer while others are only listed under "This PC" Why? - Similar Threads - Drives Available Explorer

2. Why do I have my E drive listed twice one under C:\ drive and also under This PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have my E drive listed twice one under C:\ drive and also under This PC?: Is my E drive suppose to be under my C drive and also under This PC? Didn't know if they were the same or not?Thanks June https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-my-e-drive-listed-twice-one-under-c/4ccfd4af-ccd7-44e9-b841-49e6ebe804a7
  3. Drive not listed under drive optimization.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive not listed under drive optimization.: My secondary hard drive for bulk storage is in need of a defragmentation. But upon going to the drive properties and bringing up the optimize program. The drive is not listed. Only my C: drive is listed....
  4. Drive not listed under drive optimization.

Drive not listed under drive optimization.: My secondary hard drive for bulk storage is in need of a defragmentation. But upon going to the drive properties and bringing up the optimize program. The drive is not listed. Only my C: drive is listed....
  5. Drive not listed under drive optimization.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. File explorer under This PC only shows Windows C...why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer under This PC only shows Windows C...why: after my most recent windows 11 update the file explorer under This PC does not show any of my files that are backed up in one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-under-this-pc-only-shows-windows/8f3959d0-93a5-4110-b320-aea82dee5bd4
  7. File explorer under This PC only shows Windows C...why

File explorer under This PC only shows Windows C...why: after my most recent windows 11 update the file explorer under This PC does not show any of my files that are backed up in one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-under-this-pc-only-shows-windows/8f3959d0-93a5-4110-b320-aea82dee5bd4
  8. why are some functions of my file explorer not available?

why are some functions of my file explorer not available?: Some functions in my file explorer are not available. An example, the delete function is not lit up, so I can not delete files on my SD card. Any idea how to make all of the functions available to use again? Thanks! Bren...
  9. Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed

Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed: Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computer can access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer Only 2 of the...
  10. Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list

Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list: I have 8 computers on my local network. Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computercan access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer BUT only 2 of the computer list all of the computers on the...