Windows 10: Some emails randomly turn to Chinese and weird signs

Discus and support Some emails randomly turn to Chinese and weird signs in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I can't point exactly when this happens, but some emails become Chinese or weird squares with question marks inside them. How to fix that? thanks 179821 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Liargoff, May 23, 2021.

1. Liargoff Win User

Some emails randomly turn to Chinese and weird signs

I can't point exactly when this happens, but some emails become Chinese or weird squares with question marks inside them. How to fix that? thanks

:)

Liargoff, May 23, 2021
  2. mallocS Win User

The Chinese subject of a replied email turns into question marks

When I reply an email with Chinese subject, the subject of the email I replied turned into some question marks. But the contents are fine. This just happens using Gmail w/ Chinese subject. No problem in Hotmail. Any solution? Thanks.

mallocS, May 23, 2021
  3. mordax Win User
    Weird chinese characters appearing in windows

Nope, nothing's wrong with fonts. I have always used US english and nothing else. windows + all programs are always US english, i don't use any other languages or fonts.

I think it's google chrome doing it, i googled around and saw some others mentioning some files appearing in their PC with chinese characters and in their case, they said that google chrome had some weird default settings that caused it, but i'm not sure. i can't find anything that might be causing it.

on windows 7, i had some chinese files in:
    C:\Users\
    you see files like
    NTUSER.DAT{77a227ed-34f0-22e3-80da-c41d2d341140}.TM.blf

and such, in windows 7 i saw some chinese files appearing there. on win 10 i don't see files, but that svchost.exe popped up with chinese name. i blocked internet access and everything works fine, so no idea what the heck it was.

I'd like to get to the bottom of this and find out what is causing these chinese characters popping up randomly.

mordax, May 23, 2021
  4. Some emails randomly turn to Chinese and weird signs

"Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 23, 2021
Thema:

Some emails randomly turn to Chinese and weird signs

1. Some emails randomly turn to Chinese and weird signs - Similar Threads - emails randomly turn

2. receiving emails security and purchase emails in Chinese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    receiving emails security and purchase emails in Chinese: I have been recieving Emails in Chinese for awhile and have never used my devices in any language but English. My country is set to United states, prefered lanugage is set to English in all 3 Language Info options. I have verified my Microsoft accounts launguage setting are...
  3. Some settings tabs in Chinese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some settings tabs in Chinese: .Some printer settings tabs show up as Chinese characters. . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-settings-tabs-in-chinese/685e4c51-fc0f-4fce-aef4-52db1caca637
  4. Some settings tabs in Chinese

Some settings tabs in Chinese: .Some printer settings tabs show up as Chinese characters. . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-settings-tabs-in-chinese/685e4c51-fc0f-4fce-aef4-52db1caca637
  5. Some settings tabs in Chinese

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. chinese characters Windows Mail App: some emails

chinese characters Windows Mail App: some emails: hi, I use Windows Mail and from one sender my bank the email displays in chineese whereas in my iphone it displayes correctly. ℼ⁅⁃⁌‰਍਍⁁⁥※≥ാ∽∷ാാ⁥›※‧਍⁲⌧‧ാ਍ാഊാ ⁥‧‧‧⌧‧†ഠഊ›਍†⁲⌧‧਍†I don't have chinese installed in my computer since i don't speak it. How do I solve this...
  7. Microsoft Mail - Some emails with Chinese letters

Microsoft Mail - Some emails with Chinese letters: Hello, I use Mail I use it for my Gmail and I get some emails with Chinese letters. I've been googling for hours, how I can fix that but I haven't found any solution about this problem. I've been trying to change to Icelandic but it doesn't fix anything... Also when I'm...
  8. weird email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    weird email: i received this email today, is it legit Microsoft account Security info replacement Someone started a process to replace all of the security info for the Microsoft account bi*****. If this was you, click the button below to bypass the waiting period by using your existing...
  9. Windows security emails are in Chinese

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security emails are in Chinese: Hi, Does anyone know how to change the language in which Windows Security sends you emails? Whenever I get an email from Windows Security, it is written largely in Chinese characters. I would assume that these emails are phishing attempts that don't actually come from...
  10. Weird chinese characters appearing in windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird chinese characters appearing in windows: I've googled it and it seems like some others have had similar issues, but i'd like to ask if anyone knows what this is all about. [img] If i copy paste the line seen on screenshot, then this is what i get: Code:...