Windows 10: Some emojis look as square box on my windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Some emojis look as square box on my windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had downloaded too many fonts into my system which were giving me hard times so I decided to uninstall them so I removed the fonts which I never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VijayGir, May 4, 2020.

1. VijayGir Win User

Some emojis look as square box on my windows 10 laptop

I had downloaded too many fonts into my system which were giving me hard times so I decided to uninstall them so I removed the fonts which I never used. Most of the fonts were with very weird names. I removed some fonts from registery editor as they were not being uninstalled from the fonts option in control panel.

Everything was good until I started to write a new article and when I opened the windows emoji keyboard to inser fonts, I was broken to see most of the emojis looked as square boxes to me. It's been more than 3 months now that I have tried every tip and trick that I could find on Google or on YouTube. I even have installed hundreds of fonts that those articles and videos said to be responsible for displaying the emojis, not a single thing worked.

I am so much tired of looking for the solutions, even tried everything that I found on this Windows community , nothing worked.

If anyone can actually tell me which font family do I need to install in order to get the emojis back I would be very grateful to you.

I am not a coder so please done tell thos codec 8 or utf what ever things or codes these fonts need. Tell me in the layman language or best provide me the link of the font family that I should install.

Attaching image to show how most of the fonts look like boxes on my system. It is a very heart breaking scenario for me.

Don't tell me to restore font settings , I have tried more than 100s of ways. I want answer either from the windows tech team or some person who really had this problem and solved it.All other people who just google questions and post whatever they find online, please stay away, this is a very serious case and not a play ground for you.

Thank you family. I appreciate your help
    Some emojis look as square box on my windows 10 laptop 42816d7f-fe18-4441-90c6-6c3fe10abb0a?upload=true.png

:)

VijayGir, May 4, 2020
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

No emojis!

Hi Bob,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. When you say “having NO EMOJIS”, may I know where exactly you are looking for the emojis?
    2. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system? To check that, press the
      Windows key and R key, type winver and press
      Enter.

I understand your interest in emojis and we are glad to inform you that the emojis have been introduced into the Windows 10 operating system. If you are looking for a way to access it, I would suggest you to refer the article on

Windows 10 Tip: Get started with the emoji keyboard shortcut
    to get access to smiley faces, people, celebration emojis etc. in your Windows 10 operating system.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, May 4, 2020
  3. pjfarr Win User
    Windows touch keyboard has replaced some emojis with blank squares

The emoji panel of the Win10 touch keyboard has lost several emojis and replaced them with empty squares. Other symbols are affected as well. They were all there a few days ago. What gives?

UPDATE: Just discovered possibly related issue with Windows Defender UI, icon overlays displaying blank squares:

Some emojis look as square box on my windows 10 laptop [​IMG]

pjfarr, May 4, 2020
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

How to fix emoji keyboard not showing up using shortcut

Hi,

This issue is often caused by a corrupted or missing data file. To better isolate if this is a user profile specific or an emerging issue, we suggest that you create a new user profile and try to use the same keyboard shortcut to get the emoji keyboard to
    show up. Here's the link for the steps on how to:
    Set up accounts

In the meantime, we'll give you the steps for a workaround to access the emojis. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.
    • Select the Show touch keyboard button option and a keyboard icon will show up on your
      Taskbar.
    • Click the keyboard icon and select the emoji button.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Some emojis look as square box on my windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - emojis square box

2. Hundreds of Squared Boxes on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hundreds of Squared Boxes on Screen: I purchased the laptop several days ago, I updated all the drivers first, and since I use the dark theme, at first I didn't able to observe these boxes. However, when I opened the website or MS Word, I can easily detect hundreds of boxes in my screen due to white background,...
  3. Hundreds of Squared Boxes on Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hundreds of Squared Boxes on Screen: I purchased the laptop several days ago, I updated all the drivers first, and since I use the dark theme, at first I didn't able to observe these boxes. However, when I opened the website or MS Word, I can easily detect hundreds of boxes in my screen due to white background,...
  4. A square box in the middle-ish in my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A square box in the middle-ish in my screen: Hello! I turned on my laptop to do some work, and I noticed this small square box in the middle-ish of the screen. I am not sure what this is, so I tried restarting my Windows, but it seems to take a while to restart. Can anyone tell me what is going on?...
  5. A square box in the middle-ish in my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A square box in the middle-ish in my screen: Hello! I turned on my laptop to do some work, and I noticed this small square box in the middle-ish of the screen. I am not sure what this is, so I tried restarting my Windows, but it seems to take a while to restart. Can anyone tell me what is going on?...
  6. A square box in the middle-ish in my screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why some text Unicode Character display as square box?

in Cortana
    Why some text Unicode Character display as square box?: when i type some text like "" in windows 10, it display as square box while android does not, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-some-text-unicode-character-display-as-square/50573790-e2f4-4dae-857c-d9a284b74af4
  8. Monochrome emoji showing up as boxes in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monochrome emoji showing up as boxes in Windows 10.: This also happens in apps like Zoom. (See bottom bar) https://i.imgur.com/8OWxlEg.png I'm assuming this is some sort of font issue but I have no idea how to fix it. submitted by /u/lepcpeasant [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 text looks like square boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 text looks like square boxes: The fonts are as shown in the screenshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-text-looks-like-square-boxes/cb161b1a-8249-4403-b50c-6b30af7e3889
  10. Emoji panel replaced some emojis with blank squares.

in Windows 10 Support
    Emoji panel replaced some emojis with blank squares.: The emoji panel of the Win10 touch keyboard has lost several emojis and replaced them with empty squares. They were all there a few days ago. What gives? [img] [img] 116391