Windows 10: Some .exe and .jar files wont run.

Discus and support Some .exe and .jar files wont run. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; First i got Minecraft.jar which works at school but not at home it keeps on saying what do you want to use to run this. Then i got infiniminer.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PartyDragon06, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Some .exe and .jar files wont run.

First i got Minecraft.jar which works at school but not at home it keeps on saying what do you want to use to run this. Then i got infiniminer.exe tried to run it and the same thing happened. Please help.

:)

PartyDragon06, Nov 10, 2018
  2. Keono Win User

.exe file wont run

So I'm trying to open a .exe file but all it does is show the blue loading circle and it doesn't do anything. The file wont open and when I try to download the file again it wont open. I'm currently running a windows 10. Can anyone help?

Keono, Nov 10, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    jar files

Fixing .jar file opening on Windows requires two steps:

• Open the Control Panel, and chose "Default Programs - Associate a File type or protocol with a program". Find .jar extension (Executable JAR file) there, and pick Java as default program to open this extension. It will probably be listed as "Java Platform(SE)".
      A faster alternative perhaps is straightforward right-click on a .jar file, and then change associated program by clicking on the "Change..." button.
    • Now open the regedit, and open the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell\open\command key. Luckilly for us, we may specify parameters there for the (Default) value. This is normally: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Some .exe and .jar files wont run.

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Some .exe and .jar files wont run.

1. Some .exe and .jar files wont run. - Similar Threads - exe jar files

2. can't run/install some .exe/.msi files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't run/install some .exe/.msi files: when i start a .exe it works most of the time, but sometimes it won't start if it does not open, it often does when running it over the CMD, Run as Admin doesn't help, also when installing a .msi file, windows installer doesn't give me any errors app does not open & no error,...
  3. can't run/install some .exe/.msi files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't run/install some .exe/.msi files: when i start a .exe it works most of the time, but sometimes it won't start if it does not open, it often does when running it over the CMD, Run as Admin doesn't help, also when installing a .msi file, windows installer doesn't give me any errors app does not open & no error,...
  4. .exe files and some apps wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .exe files and some apps wont open: suddenly from yesterday some of my apps wont open .Spotify app is not opening, zoom and skype tooI tried uninstalling some recent apps that I had installed but uninstall was not working even control panel wasn't opening i opened safe mode and control panel and remove a...
  5. .exe files and some apps wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .exe files and some apps wont open: suddenly from yesterday some of my apps wont open .Spotify app is not opening, zoom and skype tooI tried uninstalling some recent apps that I had installed but uninstall was not working even control panel wasn't opening i opened safe mode and control panel and remove a...
  6. .exe files and some apps wont open

7. Task Scheduler wont run “.exe” file on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler wont run “.exe” file on startup: So, I have the AutoHotKey script, to permanently lock the NumLock key. I converted it to an .exe file because I thought that would solve the Task Scheduler problem. The thing is, its not working! I checked Task Manager, and it actually shows up there, after restart, but its...
  8. cant run some exe files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant run some exe files: I am trying to run an .exe file. It was working fine the other day, then all of a sudden it quit opening. It acts like it is opening, but doesn't. It doesn't come up in the task manager. The file i am trying to use is Autodesk.Aec.Content.CatalogEditor.exe. Some exe...
  9. Converting .exe to .jar online

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Converting .exe to .jar online: I find it easier to run .jar than .exe on my computer but only ever find online .jar to .exe! If you know of an online .exe to .jar please put the link below! Thx! :)...
  10. .exe file wont run

.exe file wont run: So I'm trying to open a .exe file but all it does is show the blue loading circle and it doesn't do anything. The file wont open and when I try to download the file again it wont open. I'm currently running a windows 10. Can anyone help? 61193