Windows 10: Some features don't work after a recent update

Discus and support Some features don't work after a recent update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, after updating Windows, these problems started to appear: Windows search on taskbar does not work. When trying to open a photo file, the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rustamsh, Oct 23, 2020.

1. rustamsh Win User

Some features don't work after a recent update

Hello, after updating Windows, these problems started to appear:

Windows search on taskbar does not work.

When trying to open a photo file, the error "File System Error -2147219196"

Camera does not work. Tells me to update the drivers; I did it, but the error still doesn't go away. Error code: 0xA00F429F <WindowShowFailed> 0x800700C1

Thanks in advance for any help!

:)

rustamsh, Oct 23, 2020
  2. armym3 Win User

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Oct 23, 2020
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Oct 23, 2020
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Some features don't work after a recent update - Similar Threads - features don't recent

2. after windows updates some windows feature not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after windows updates some windows feature not working?: after windows updates, are some windows feature not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-updates-some-windows-feature-not/50ea8612-fd54-4a8c-8000-ce1d29f7010f
  3. after windows updates some windows feature not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after windows updates some windows feature not working?: after windows updates, are some windows feature not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-updates-some-windows-feature-not/50ea8612-fd54-4a8c-8000-ce1d29f7010f
  4. after Windows 11 update some things don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after Windows 11 update some things don't work: Did a Windows 11 update, and now can't use Mail or Settings, I have them pinned to taskbar, they show as open on taskbar but won't open up.If I go into start panel and click on them in there, they don't work either. How do I fix this?...
  5. after Windows 11 update some things don't work

after Windows 11 update some things don't work: Did a Windows 11 update, and now can't use Mail or Settings, I have them pinned to taskbar, they show as open on taskbar but won't open up.If I go into start panel and click on them in there, they don't work either. How do I fix this?...
  6. some features in the new MSpaint don't seem to work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some features in the new MSpaint don't seem to work.: What is going on here? The zoom function is non-functional,I cannot outline and crop, and the file and print menus are not as nice.I usually use it for tidy-up and printing scanner images.It would be nice to have multi-merge and rotate as well.I did have an ms-merge program...
  7. some features in the new MSpaint don't seem to work.

some features in the new MSpaint don't seem to work.: What is going on here? The zoom function is non-functional,I cannot outline and crop, and the file and print menus are not as nice.I usually use it for tidy-up and printing scanner images.It would be nice to have multi-merge and rotate as well.I did have an ms-merge program...
  8. Microphone not working after recently updating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working after recently updating: Updated laptop today, and up until now everything has been fine. After finishing the update, my microphone now won't work. I've double checked the drivers for both my headphones and the microphone on the laptop itself which i have been using with no issues until today and...
  9. after recent feature update device manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    after recent feature update device manager stopped working: my device manager not working after upgrade to 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-recent-feature-update-device-manager-stopped/adbf1c57-fbab-4f1f-9878-cebcbe9120fb
  10. Defer Feature Updates Blanked out After Recent Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Defer Feature Updates Blanked out After Recent Update?: I have Windows 10 Pro. I noticed the box 'Defer feature updates' is now greyed out after this week's update - see my screenshot. Is this a bug and how do I restore the functionality since I want to be in control of when major updates are installed? [img] 79567