Windows 10: SOME FEATURES NOT ABLE TO BE ENTERED IN MY PRODUCT KEY BOX

Discus and support SOME FEATURES NOT ABLE TO BE ENTERED IN MY PRODUCT KEY BOX in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought my second hand computer with windows 10 pro working without knowing that my windows license will expire. To my lucky I have the product key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BERNARD#BANDA, Mar 6, 2019.

1. SOME FEATURES NOT ABLE TO BE ENTERED IN MY PRODUCT KEY BOX

I bought my second hand computer with windows 10 pro working without knowing that my windows license will expire. To my lucky I have the product key which shows in my computer's control panel containing digits such as 0 and 1. The problem comes when I want to enter the product key it shows that the named features may not appear in the filed. I really don't know what to do because the notification that my windows license will expire soon keeps on showing on my computer which requires me to enter the product key. Looking up to your help, Thanks

:)

BERNARD#BANDA, Mar 6, 2019

2. i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Enter a Product key

Hi MohammadMoharram,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the version of Windows installed on your PC, is that Windows 10 Home or Pro?
    2. Are you receiving any error message, when you are trying to activate your Windows 10?
    3. Have you purchased the product key for Windows 10 while purchasing the laptop?
    4. How did you run windows recovery?

However, I suggest you to refer this thread article on
    using the Activation troubleshooter
    and
    Activation in Windows 10
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Conor1974 Win User

SOME FEATURES NOT ABLE TO BE ENTERED IN MY PRODUCT KEY BOX

License Transfer question

So I found this on the MS website.

Add Windows 8.1 Pro Pack or Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack to your edition of Windows 8.1

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    • Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
    • Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.1 and then do one of the following:
      • If you need to purchase a product key, tap or click I want to buy a product key online.
        Follow the steps to purchase and enter a product key.
      • If you already have a product key, tap or click I already have a product key.
    • Enter your product key and click Next.
    • Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.

Would this be the way to do it? And would it matter that this would be the US version and not UK?

Thanks
      Conor

Conor1974, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

SOME FEATURES NOT ABLE TO BE ENTERED IN MY PRODUCT KEY BOX

1. SOME FEATURES NOT ABLE TO BE ENTERED IN MY PRODUCT KEY BOX - Similar Threads - FEATURES ABLE ENTERED

2. Unable to enter/change product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enter/change product key: Hello, I am trying to enter my product key to activate windows on my newly built PC. When I try to click the link/page to enter/change my product key, I receive an error and the link does not work. It causes my PC to crash and the settings menu freezes. I purchased a product...
  3. Unable to enter/change product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enter/change product key: Hello, I am trying to enter my product key to activate windows on my newly built PC. When I try to click the link/page to enter/change my product key, I receive an error and the link does not work. It causes my PC to crash and the settings menu freezes. I purchased a product...
  4. I'm not being able to activate the windows 10 in my laptop. after entering the product key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm not being able to activate the windows 10 in my laptop. after entering the product key...: I'm not being able to activate the windows 10 in my laptop. after entering the product key also it displaying like we cannot connect to your organisation. please help me....
  5. I'm not being able to activate the windows 10 in my laptop. after entering the product key...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm not being able to activate the windows 10 in my laptop. after entering the product key...: I'm not being able to activate the windows 10 in my laptop. after entering the product key also it displaying like we cannot connect to your organisation. please help me....
  6. I'm not being able to activate the windows 10 in my laptop. after entering the product key...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. The Product Key You Entered Didn't Work.Check The Product Key And Try Again,Or Enter A...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The Product Key You Entered Didn't Work.Check The Product Key And Try Again,Or Enter A...: I can't activate the serial key on my Windows 10 Prowith an error code:0xc0000022 whereas before it could, was this a virus malware? please answer me...
  8. Enter a Product key

Enter a Product key: I bought a labtop with window10 . I ran windows recovery to modify personal setting . Since then windows asks me to enter a product key . WHAT TO DO ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-a-product-key/db2c1a86-6b24-441a-b7b6-10eef32f0ed6"
  9. cannot enter the product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot enter the product key: I downloaded the product key software to view the product key of my device then I entered the product key to activate windows, then the error message 0x803FA067 and content could not activate windows on this device because you don 't have a valid product key or digital...
  10. Fake Product Key - Can't change or enter my original product key

Fake Product Key - Can't change or enter my original product key: My system was attacked by malware and then I have made a clean installation of Windows 10. but after that when I'm entering my original product key by using the option change product key, i'm getting the following error ---------------------------------------------- Unable...