Windows 10: Some file and folder in Data: D lost

Discus and support Some file and folder in Data: D lost in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Some files and folder in my Driver (D) are lost after i turn off my laptop, this never happen before is there any way i can recover it? Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BoyClinton, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Some file and folder in Data: D lost

Some files and folder in my Driver (D) are lost after i turn off my laptop, this never happen before

is there any way i can recover it?

Windows version 10

:)

BoyClinton, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

Lost my files in Folder Lock [Solved]

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Jul 30, 2018
  4. gabbydgar Win User

Some file and folder in Data: D lost

Folder in Favorites lost

Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost folder or how to restore it.

gabbydgar, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Some file and folder in Data: D lost

1. Some file and folder in Data: D lost - Similar Threads - file folder Data

2. Lost folder/file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost folder/file: When I do a search I see that my file is in a folder called .Trash in icloud but I cannot find any .Trash file and I get an error message. I spoke to Apple support but they said ask Microsoft! My Dell PC has Win10 Pro 22H2Basically I keep my current documents in a folder...
  3. Lost files and folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost files and folders: Hello,I have a personal work email on my computer and then we added the same work email to a onedrive work account. We went to delete the personal onedrive and I lost all my files that were in it and they are no where to be found. They are not in the recycle bin anywhere. I...
  4. Drive D data lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive D data lost: Hello there, about month ago I installed Win11 and lost my data from drive D. went to Best buy the installed Win 10 and were not able to recover data. Please find me a best solution. there was my studying file some much important files. please any solution windows????...
  5. Drive D data lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive D data lost: Hello there, about month ago I installed Win11 and lost my data from drive D. went to Best buy the installed Win 10 and were not able to recover data. Please find me a best solution. there was my studying file some much important files. please any solution windows????...
  6. Lost Files / Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Files / Folders: When I open my computer this morning, I've noticed that my desktop was new without my Files and Folders in the desktop so I'm thinking because of the update. So, I've looked on my files in other folder and cut and paste in the current desktop but after couple of minutes, my...
  7. Lost folders and data

Lost folders and data: Last week I did a clean Windows 10 install from an Installation Media drive after a crash. Windows 8.1 OS with Windows 10 upgrade had been there before. None of my data folders and files were reinstalled. I have restored most from backed up sources, but something is always...
  8. Lost data file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost data file: I switched to Edge from Chrome and restarted the computer. I lost a data file somewhere during this time. I have searched my computer and cannot find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data-file/8fe31425-a5a1-40a4-96d8-5be8505c71b3
  9. Lost data files

Lost data files: I am trying to use Turbo Tax. Attempted to copy tax file from pc to thumb drive and cd to use on Mac. However software failed to work on Mac. So started Turbo Tax on pc and it can’t find last years return data. My question is, by using send to instead of copy, have I...
  10. Lost User Folder/Data

Lost User Folder/Data: Hi! Please pardon my total and complete ignorance! I noticed my user folder name was truncated or so I thought from Gaston to Gasto . I tried renaming it and ended up having to reload all my apps and links. that didn't work. I noticed it was truncated to "gasto" again...