Windows 10: Some file icons look weird

Discus and support Some file icons look weird in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; after documents the download icon shrunk. Idk it looks weird[IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RuddyPerez, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Some file icons look weird

RuddyPerez, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Nomgle Win User

Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

Adding my name to the list of people with weird missing icon problems *Smile Some file icons look weird :)

Nomgle, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Mr McC Win User
    Weird desktop icon behaviour on Steam

Yes, they are; however, when I right click on the "blue sphere" icon to change it and browse to the corresponding folder inside the Steam folder, it lets me go through all the steps, but the blue sphere remains. *Confused Some file icons look weird :confused:

Mr McC, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Some file icons look weird

Appended icon in some files in Win7

Ah LMAO

Now i think what's it is

The Admin account Im on has denied permissions of access for other users (cannot access folder lists, no reading no writting)

But I can others.

Some of the Fraps Movies I moved from C:/ other_user ... to D: ... but D is public for everyone. (games/data)

But still why the heck do encoded files retain that ... it's weird.

EDIT: There should be some win7 article on this, there should be more of these variants. But there's no LOCK icon on the folders either.

Also I found the LOCK icon to be kind of stupid ... when you have access it's shown as "locked" but when you dont have access it's not shown at all.

Yes the permissions are retained for other_user , it's denied and I also can't seems to remove that ... Ah these inherited permissions, need to move em around ... but need to wait to complete first.

RuskiSnajper, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Some file icons look weird

1. Some file icons look weird - Similar Threads - file icons weird

2. desktop icons look weird'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icons look weird': Why do my desktop icons look smaller and boxed with white lines? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-look-weird/7ec70894-b930-49fe-8668-f577fce18042
  3. desktop icons look weird'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icons look weird': Why do my desktop icons look smaller and boxed with white lines? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-look-weird/7ec70894-b930-49fe-8668-f577fce18042
  4. Windows Setting Icon looking weird

Windows Setting Icon looking weird: Hi,for the last couple of weeks or so, the Windows settings icon in the taskbar has been looking weird.I already tried re-setting the settings app Windows key --> "settings" --> right click --> App settings --> restore, but it didn't work. Still the weird noisy mosaic thing...
  5. Windows Setting Icon looking weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Setting Icon looking weird: Hi,for the last couple of weeks or so, the Windows settings icon in the taskbar has been looking weird.I already tried re-setting the settings app Windows key --> "settings" --> right click --> App settings --> restore, but it didn't work. Still the weird noisy mosaic thing...
  6. Apps icons looking weird on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps icons looking weird on desktop: Hello, this may very well be a silly question, but today some of my icons on my desktop started looking like this:the apps work normally when i click on the icons, but i just don't understand why they look like this and it's kinda bugging me. i tried restarting my laptop and...
  7. Apps icons looking weird on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps icons looking weird on desktop: Hello, this may very well be a silly question, but today some of my icons on my desktop started looking like this:the apps work normally when i click on the icons, but i just don't understand why they look like this and it's kinda bugging me. i tried restarting my laptop and...
  8. Apps icons looking weird on desktop

9. icons started looking weird

icons started looking weird: most of my icons all of a sudden changed to this for example my snipping tool icon [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-started-looking-weird/51b3e043-695c-4050-bf4b-325731dcd76e
  10. Whats with this weird looking folder icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whats with this weird looking folder icon?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goodudetheboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g327py/whats_with_this_weird_looking_folder_icon/