Windows 10: Some file type show wrong icon.

Discus and support Some file type show wrong icon. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, i'm using windows 10 insider now in build 10547, recently some file with specified extension showing the wrong icon, all the wrong icon is same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dsniwa, Oct 8, 2015.

1. dsniwa Win User

Some file type show wrong icon.

Hello, i'm using windows 10 insider now in build 10547, recently some file with specified extension showing the wrong icon, all the wrong icon is same as in the screenshoot:

Some file type show wrong icon. [​IMG]

All error files have icon same like this picture, but all file is can opened with right program, the document is one of from some error file type, last time i have error with archive file and video (all extension eg: mkv, mp4, etc) but fixed when i'm install the media player, and archive file fixed when i'm reinstalling new theme in winrar application.
    This error can't fixed by change open with, example for my picture file, if i'm using windows photo viewer icon is error, showing icon like the above picture, then when i change open with using photos file icon is right showing the photos application like icon, if i change to windows photo viewer again then the icon wrong again.
    Rebuilding icon cache not fixing the problem, so what i can do? Please help, this is just annoying to see icon like that even though the program is run correctly.

:)

dsniwa, Oct 8, 2015
  2. RichHanna Win User

Win 10 file explorer

So I tried this method however the view I am interested in will show an icon of stacked file icons by type (.doc, .xls, .pdf, etc). This view shows only 1 icon per file type and clicking on that icon takes the user to a new view showing only those file types.
    It's visual versus this view which is a collapsible list.

Is is that view available in win 10?

RichHanna, Oct 8, 2015
  3. EricaRae1 Win User
    How do I remove a family member in Windows 10?

Sorry I gave slightly wrong instructions for finding the Control Panel, you have to search for it rather than clicking on the Start icon -

In the 'Type here to search' box next to the Start icon, type Control Panel & it should show up listed as 'Desktop app'

EricaRae1, Oct 8, 2015
  4. Some file type show wrong icon.

Only possible thought is have you installed anything recently from the app store

There was an app I installed a while back and it messed up the icons, uninstalled it and all went back to normal

paulsalter, Oct 22, 2015
Thema:

Some file type show wrong icon.

1. Some file type show wrong icon. - Similar Threads - file type show

2. Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer: I had this exact issue, well the icon anyway. From this link Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorerWindows 11 Enterprise Edition; when I went to Task Manager, I saw in the Details and the Processes tab that explorer.exe had some WEIRD NON explorer icon.I did update...
  3. Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer: I had this exact issue, well the icon anyway. From this link Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorerWindows 11 Enterprise Edition; when I went to Task Manager, I saw in the Details and the Processes tab that explorer.exe had some WEIRD NON explorer icon.I did update...
  4. Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer: Hello,My task manager shows this icon for file explorer.I already tried the system file checker tool sfc/scannow but it didn't do anythingWindows 11 Pro 22000.832Thanks....
  5. hidden icons shows the wrong icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hidden icons shows the wrong icons: all my apps are shown as windows icons what to do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-icons-shows-the-wrong-icons/81811e57-c7b6-45ab-a322-423ba27e939c
  6. installing wrong file type

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing wrong file type: I'm trying to install a file but the file it the wrong file type and I don't understand why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-wrong-file-type/38fa8c33-dcf2-4d98-9325-080069221beb
  7. Some Windows 10 apps show the wrong icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Windows 10 apps show the wrong icon: Some, not all, app icons in the start menu & taskbar are wrong, they are showing the Paint 3D icon instead Examples of affected apps are Evernote, Calculator, and the Windows Store app It's been happening for a while. I've tried restarting my machine and reinstalling apps...
  8. Files downloading as the wrong type of file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files downloading as the wrong type of file.: I am trying to download .rar files they are mods for a game, The Sims to be specific and when they download, they become photoshop files. I cannot open them in photoshop either, and I want them to stop downloading as photoshop files. They're still .rar files technically, but...
  9. Wrong file type

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wrong file type: I downloaded some community made stuff for a game but when i extract the zip file they dont show up as .blk (how it should be) but instead as autocad extraction Te and when i look up how to change the file type i tried but no luck.. any help? -thx submitted by /u/clavinZKL...
  10. wrong icon for certain file types windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    wrong icon for certain file types windows 10: I had installed a program to convert some video files to a type I can play with an xbox. After I downloaded the program I noticed a bunch of the icons on my desktop were now this: [img] I immediately uninstalled the program and ran virus scans. The virus scans...