Windows 10: some files arent there when i open to find where im going to save them sometimes

Discus and support some files arent there when i open to find where im going to save them sometimes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i baught a computer and im wondering because some of the advice ive been to trying to do has been from windows vista , 7 and 8.1 but the computer says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MR105020, May 2, 2019.

1. MR105020 Win User

some files arent there when i open to find where im going to save them sometimes

i baught a computer and im wondering because some of the advice ive been to trying to do has been from windows vista , 7 and 8.1 but the computer says it is windows 10 , i do a lot of research so im always finding ways if i can save in places using the main location such as if i right click internet explorer it says internet explorer but i keep opening it until it takes me to explorer shoud i add that to my desktop so maybe it uses that exe instead of the other internet explorer before i get to the real one. also i noticed this computer doesn't have the windows logo shouldn't all Microsoft computers have the windows logo before the hp loading screen because i am using a Hewlett Packard. some of these files open from the wrong places and i don't think the apps that came with the computer are running from the correct folders, i want to be organized and save using the best location so everything is in the place it came from how do i do that?

:)

MR105020, May 2, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, May 2, 2019
  3. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, May 2, 2019
  4. Tatty_One Win User

some files arent there when i open to find where im going to save them sometimes

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, May 2, 2019
Thema:

1. some files arent there when i open to find where im going to save them sometimes - Similar Threads - files arent open

2. Where should I go to find multiple snips from snip and sketch without saving them in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where should I go to find multiple snips from snip and sketch without saving them in...: .................. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-should-i-go-to-find-multiple-snips-from-snip/4a23c97b-feca-4803-915a-6e9816b5cae0
  3. Where should I go to find multiple snips from snip and sketch without saving them in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where should I go to find multiple snips from snip and sketch without saving them in...: .................. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-should-i-go-to-find-multiple-snips-from-snip/4a23c97b-feca-4803-915a-6e9816b5cae0
  4. WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?: i HAVE MY OLD COMPUTER WITH wINDOWS 8.1 AND MY NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10. i HAVE SAVED MANNY E MAILS ON BOTH COMPUER BUT WHERE OR HOW CAN i FIND THEM ON BOTH COMPUTERS?...
  5. WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?: i HAVE MY OLD COMPUTER WITH wINDOWS 8.1 AND MY NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10. i HAVE SAVED MANNY E MAILS ON BOTH COMPUER BUT WHERE OR HOW CAN i FIND THEM ON BOTH COMPUTERS?...
  6. WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?

7. Where to the files go if I open them in a RAR file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to the files go if I open them in a RAR file?: I tried opening a zip file in the Data D: and it instantly filled up my Local Disk C:. Where does it go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-the-files-go-if-i-open-them-in-a-rar-file/eb7232c6-5701-42e3-9892-b2cc3126ab5c
  8. Where to the files go if I open them in a RAR file?

Where to the files go if I open them in a RAR file?: I tried opening a zip file in the Data D: and it instantly filled up my Local Disk C:. Where does it go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-the-files-go-if-i-open-them-in-a-rar-file/eb7232c6-5701-42e3-9892-b2cc3126ab5c
  9. Where to the files go if I open them in a RAR file?

10. Microsoft, I'm a dummie, when I save a photo, I can't find them, where do they go?

Microsoft, I'm a dummie, when I save a photo, I can't find them, where do they go?: I AM A NEWBIE TO WINDOWS 10. when I SAVE MY PHOTOS OR DOWNLOAD, WHERE DO THEY GO, I CAN'T FIND THEM ALL. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-im-a-dummie-when-i-save-a-photo-i-cant/ddb82349-0300-4278-8fcd-aac836e723ba"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to open files that arebnt there