Windows 10: Some files or folders in One Drive say Synch Pending

Discus and support Some files or folders in One Drive say Synch Pending in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some of the files / folders in my one drive folder are flagged "Synch Pending". I google searched and found some responses on this website. I kept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardW7, Dec 3, 2018.

1. RichardW7 Win User

Some files or folders in One Drive say Synch Pending

Some of the files / folders in my one drive folder are flagged "Synch Pending". I google searched and found some responses on this website. I kept poking around and stumbled on the following:

1. Right click on the One Drive folder, or perhaps even a folder inside the One Drive folder (Assumed, but not tested).

2. click on the Settings, just below "View Online". This opens the Microsoft One Drive dialog box. It has several tabs, starting with settings.

3. Look on the bottom of the box and you should see "Files On Demand" with a check box underneath.

4. Uncheck that check box.

As soon as I did that, all of my Synch Pending flags disappeared. I assume that somewhere during the process of creating or storing files in some one drive directories that I inadvertently flagged a file or directory as on line only, the process one drive uses to save local drive disk space.

I am certainly not expert in this subject, hope this helps, it worked for me, after spending a few hours reading google searches and trying to figure out what was happening.

Cheers,

RW

:)

RichardW7, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Some files or folders in One Drive say Synch Pending :)

Frogger, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Some files or folders in One Drive say Synch Pending

windows calendar is not synching

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Calendar is not synching in Windows. We will help you.

• Is the Calendar not synching in Windows Phone or PC?
    If the Calendar is not synching in PC I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Refer:
    Windows 10 Apps troubleshooter

Step 2: If the issue persists, then I suggest you to
    remove and reconfigure the account back in the Mail app.

Reconfiguring the account should force it to sync again and resolve the issue.

For reference: Refer:

Calendar app

Keep us posted if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Some files or folders in One Drive say Synch Pending

1. Some files or folders in One Drive say Synch Pending - Similar Threads - files folders Drive

2. Issue: one drive exceeded the limit, and synching the files caused corruption in folders...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue: one drive exceeded the limit, and synching the files caused corruption in folders...: 8/17/2023 5:54 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: NetworkDiagnosticsFrameworkV3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1:...
  3. Issue: one drive exceeded the limit, and synching the files caused corruption in folders...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue: one drive exceeded the limit, and synching the files caused corruption in folders...: 8/17/2023 5:54 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
  4. Issue: one drive exceeded the limit, and synching the files caused corruption in folders...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Problem signature:
  5. Synching error on One Drive Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synching error on One Drive Pictures folder: I have a red x on pictures folder on one drive. It is not the pictures folder with the scenery icon, but a yellow folder. There is nothing in it, but I can't move or delete it as it says it is in use in another application its not. I have tried unsynching pictures, and...
  6. Synching error on One Drive Pictures folder

Synching error on One Drive Pictures folder: I have a red x on pictures folder on one drive. It is not the pictures folder with the scenery icon, but a yellow folder. There is nothing in it, but I can't move or delete it as it says it is in use in another application its not. I have tried unsynching pictures, and...
  7. One drive isn't synching

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    One drive isn't synching: My one drive is not syncing, it says something like Microsoft account requires JavaScript to sign in or JavaScript is blocked, what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-isnt-synching/7166be1e-b9c3-40d6-a8fc-30fd57f3d021
  8. One drive isn't synching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive isn't synching: My one drive is not syncing, it says something like Microsoft account requires JavaScript to sign in or JavaScript is blocked, what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-isnt-synching/7166be1e-b9c3-40d6-a8fc-30fd57f3d021
  9. One drive isn't synching

10. One Drive & Folder synching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive & Folder synching: How do I unsync a folder on my desk top from automatically uploading to One Drive? I right click and see commands like "free up space" . Is this how to stop syncing to One Drive?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. synch pending in one drive

2. help in file explorer sync pending

3. why does my file say sync pending

4. synch pending for one drive folder,
  5. why do some files say sync pending?,
  6. sync pending,
  7. why does one drive say sync pending,
  8. one drive folder sync pending,
  9. sync pending onedrive,
  10. one drive folders pending,
  11. synch pending shared,