Windows 10: Some firefox problems

Discus and support Some firefox problems in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Activity stream is not an extension; it is a replacement for New Tab Page. I had to look it up, having no idea what it might be. Similarly, Screenshots... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cerawy, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Cerawy Win User

Some firefox problems

Well ccleaner lists them as extensions, but i think the right word for them is system addons. Maybe some of them are plugins.

Thats true, but firefox comes loaded with system addons that you cant disable with firefox, so you have to use a third party program to disable them. They dont seem to serve much of a purpose, for example i did a research on the shield recipe client and it seems that it collects data from your browser and sends it to mozilla, which is not something i want.

P.S is anyone else having problems with the minimum font size feature? I have set it to 16, and some websites seems to have fairly small letters, some websites seems to have pretty big letters and some websites seems to get it just about right.

Cerawy, Oct 13, 2017

2. If they are plugins, they will be listed on the plugins page.

There is a purpose for the shield, but not for users; it is strictly a method of obtaining user data for Mozilla; this is not at all uncommon. I don't happen to want it, either, so simply deleted the only copy in my newest Fx profile.

Take a look at Options/Privacy & Security, where there are other, similar, entries. Incidentally, our of curiosity, I did check to see if "Do not disturb me" does get reset each time Fx is restarted; it does, and I have no idea why that should be. I was not aware of this, as a setting in Classic Theme Restorer is what prevents me from being pestered by the related popups; I hope that one of the CSS settings being found to replace CRT settings is for this.

I have one web site that, unless I set the minimum font size to no larger than 13, and allow sites to use their own fonts, has a number of pages where the left-hand column overrides part of the left edge of the right-hand column. I have notified the company, and even sent them a link to the HTML checker for their home page. There are many errors on that page; I did not even bother to see if I could find any of them that might be causing the display fault.

Not Myself, Oct 13, 2017
  3. Cerawy Win User
    I did some testing on this. I couldn't find a way to provoke the problem, it seems like it happens randomly when firefox shuts down unexpectingly or crashes. So i clicked ctrl + alt + delete and closed firefox and reopened it again. This seems to provoke the problems with old sessions being restored without your permission. Sometimes it also creates a message with a list of previously visited websites. Setting browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash to false seems to solve this.

I should problably also mention that browser.sessionhistory.max_entries is used to browse back and forth through some of the websites that you have previously visited, so you should problably leave it to the default setting.

Cerawy, Oct 13, 2017
  4. Some firefox problems

From the mozillaZine database: "Starting in Firefox 3.5, Firefox automatically restores your previous session after one crash (or unexpected close). If Firefox crashes a second time, a "Restore Session" error page is displayed, asking whether to restore the last session or start a new session. If you do not want Firefox to automatically restore your session after one crash, set the preference browser.sessionstore.max_resumed_crashes to 0 (default is 1)." What you are seeing after a crash is the expected behavior, although it ought not to be intermittent.

Not Myself, Oct 14, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Features, actually:
    (you can disable some of them in about:config)

Some firefox problems [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 14, 2017
  6. Cerawy Win User
    What type of font are you using and how did you get access to that list?

It's already solved, see post #46.

Cerawy, Oct 14, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    Font: 'Righteous Regular'
    List: Firefox Menu/Help/Troubleshooting Information/Firefox Features

Edwin, Oct 14, 2017
  8. Cerawy Win User

Some firefox problems

I found the list with the so called features. But I don't see any buttons to disable them.

Cerawy, Oct 14, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    You can only disable a few of them in about:config

'Pocket' and 'Screenshots' are the two I disable, haven't bothered to investigate the rest of them.

EDIT:
    They will still show in the 'List' after disabling them, they just won't be functional:

Edwin, Oct 14, 2017
  10. Cerawy Win User
    I see. I'm going to use ccleaner instead, since I want to disable all of them.

I do not see the Righteous Regular font anywhere in firefox, where is it?

Seems like we solved most of the problems by the way.

Cerawy, Oct 14, 2017
  11. Edwin New Member
    You have to download it and install it on your PC,

just Google it:

Edwin, Oct 14, 2017
  12. Cerawy Win User
    I did a search for it on google but didn't find anything. It doesn't matter. Anyway, if anyone has some solutions to the rest of the problems please let me know. I'm also getting some annoying stuttering with firefox every now and then for a few seconds. I'm not sure whats causing this.

Cerawy, Oct 15, 2017
  13. Callender Win User

Some firefox problems

Callender, Oct 17, 2017
  14. Cerawy Win User
    I don't really how thats related to my problems. I don't have a problem with my book marks.

Cerawy, Oct 17, 2017
  15. Cerawy Win User
    I have a similar problem. If I set the minimum font size to 16 or more, some of the columns overrides each other, which means that part of the text displayed in the columns will be unreadable. Very annoying. Is there some way to make text more pleasant and readable besides changing the minimum font sizes?

Cerawy, Oct 17, 2017
Thema:

Some firefox problems

1. Some firefox problems - Similar Threads - firefox problems

2. Problem with using Firefox and Roll Back Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with using Firefox and Roll Back Windows: I’m a music producer using a win10 pc. My daw’s and apps don’t work with Microsoft so I use Firefox default and no matter which expensive daw I upgrade too after a short time it stops working costing me tons of $. I had no idea that it was Microsoft that were changing my...
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  4. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  5. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  7. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  8. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. More Problems with FIREFOX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More Problems with FIREFOX: Just Installed Updates on Win 11. Now FIREFOX won't open MSN Homepage. It opens other sites, and Homepage opens from EDGE. Searches indicate that something downloaded with Updates might be preventing FIREFOX. Re-installing FIREFOX didn't fix it this time. Any help, please?...
  10. More Problems with FIREFOX

More Problems with FIREFOX: Just Installed Updates on Win 11. Now FIREFOX won't open MSN Homepage. It opens other sites, and Homepage opens from EDGE. Searches indicate that something downloaded with Updates might be preventing FIREFOX. Re-installing FIREFOX didn't fix it this time. Any help, please?...