Windows 10: Some flash drives connected but not showing up

Discus and support Some flash drives connected but not showing up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried different flash drives and hard drives to test all of my ports. Every port is functional but some flash drives will make that connecting sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Regi Manuel, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Some flash drives connected but not showing up

I tried different flash drives and hard drives to test all of my ports. Every port is functional but some flash drives will make that connecting sound but will not show up. I tried looking in at the device manager and there is an exclamation point at the said flash drive. I tried un-installing and installing the driver but nothing is happening. It also doesn't let me automatically update the driver saying it cannot find the driver in the net. What's the best thing to do to fix the drivers.

:)

Regi Manuel, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    After Installing windows 10, only my C Drive and D: Drive is showin my other drive for flash drive is not showing? Everything has become a nightmare

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Do you face this issue specific with this Flash Drive or all the flash drive?

• Did you try connecting the flash drive to another system?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the USB driver for the computer.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

a) Press Windows and x key on the start screen and select
    Device Manager.

b) Locate the Universal Serial Bus controller’s driver.

c) Right Click on the USB driver icon and select Uninstall.

d) Restart the computer. After restarting the computer, USB driver will automatically be installed.

Connect the Flash drive through the USB and check if it responds.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Some flash drives connected but not showing up

USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Some flash drives connected but not showing up

1. Some flash drives connected but not showing up - Similar Threads - flash drives connected

2. Flash Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash Drive not showing up: I connected a flash drive recently and it connects to my computer and makes the connecting noise, but doesn't show up in file explorer. the disk management utility also shows the drive, but I can't access it....
  3. Flash Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash Drive not showing up: I connected a flash drive recently and it connects to my computer and makes the connecting noise, but doesn't show up in file explorer. the disk management utility also shows the drive, but I can't access it....
  4. USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer: I have two computers side by side. I know the flash drives are good because they work on my other computer. When I plug either of them into my main PC, I hear the "ding" that they are being detected, but they won't show up in my file explorer with my other drives. I have...
  5. USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer

USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer: I have two computers side by side. I know the flash drives are good because they work on my other computer. When I plug either of them into my main PC, I hear the "ding" that they are being detected, but they won't show up in my file explorer with my other drives. I have...
  6. flash drive not showing up after i deleted some folder which was already inside it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flash drive not showing up after i deleted some folder which was already inside it: Hello. My flash drive already contained some filder / file. When I deleted the folder, the flash drive is not showing up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive-not-showing-up-after-i-deleted-some/03c237f4-660e-418b-9c68-e1ccabbd2583
  7. flash drive not showing up after i deleted some folder which was already inside it

flash drive not showing up after i deleted some folder which was already inside it: Hello. My flash drive already contained some filder / file. When I deleted the folder, the flash drive is not showing up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive-not-showing-up-after-i-deleted-some/03c237f4-660e-418b-9c68-e1ccabbd2583
  8. flash drive not showing up after i deleted some folder which was already inside it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. flash drive not showing up on boot menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    flash drive not showing up on boot menu: My usb 3.1 isn’t showing up on the boot menu, will i need to fix something in the bios or is it a problem with the flash drive? submitted by /u/urmomhomosapien [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lh3rte/flash_drive_not_showing_up_on_boot_menu/
  10. USB Flash Drive not showing up in my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Flash Drive not showing up in my computer.: HI. So yesterday I was working from a USB flash drive when it suddenly stopped working. In trying to see what the problem was I tried many different methods that included going through the device manager (Which knows there's a USB plugged in and says works fine but still...