Windows 10: Some Fn Keys Not Working

Discus and support Some Fn Keys Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings. Today randomly, some of my Fn keys have stopped working. The problem exists only when I do Fn + F7, for example, not simply F7. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zkidmicrosoft, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Some Fn Keys Not Working

Greetings.

Today randomly, some of my Fn keys have stopped working. The problem exists only when I do Fn + F7, for example, not simply F7. The problem exists on F2-F8 and F10-F12. Thus, my brightness keys won't work, nor do sleep and airplane mode. However, the mute and projection keys thus work.

I have restarted numerous times, uninstalled the keyboard and display drivers, reinstalled the drivers, and updated the drivers. Nothing seems to work, and only those keys appear affected.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model GL703VM
    System Type x64-based PC

:)

zkidmicrosoft, Mar 3, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

Exactly what I was used to do, pressing the FN key with an F key but that didn't work....
    If I press the FN key I get f1 f2 f3 and so on.

It was just the other way around, but I figured it out now.*Smile Some Fn Keys Not Working :)

P4-630, Mar 3, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

The FN key seems to be a toggle , I don't need to press it every time I want to adjust the volume or brightness.
    With all my previous laptops I needed to press the FN key WITH the f key I needed to use, so it works slightly different on this laptop than what I'm used to.

P4-630, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Some Fn Keys Not Working

FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Some Fn Keys Not Working

1. Some Fn Keys Not Working - Similar Threads - Keys Working

2. Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.: When i put the code in, it says that the key doesn’t work and at the end it says 0xc0000022.What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-activation-key-does-not-work/d474ee44-666d-4a71-80c6-6ec2e490e2b2
  3. Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.: When i put the code in, it says that the key doesn’t work and at the end it says 0xc0000022.What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-activation-key-does-not-work/d474ee44-666d-4a71-80c6-6ec2e490e2b2
  4. Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win Key not working partially working while the hardware works fine, how to solve?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win Key not working partially working while the hardware works fine, how to solve?: My win key is not working or partially working, more precisely.When I press Win key alone, the start menu doesn't show up; however, when I press Win + G, which is the shortcut for Xbox game bar, it works; when I press Win + L, which is the shortcut for Lock the screen, it...
  6. Win Key not working partially working while the hardware works fine, how to solve?

Win Key not working partially working while the hardware works fine, how to solve?: My win key is not working or partially working, more precisely.When I press Win key alone, the start menu doesn't show up; however, when I press Win + G, which is the shortcut for Xbox game bar, it works; when I press Win + L, which is the shortcut for Lock the screen, it...
  7. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter: Every key on my laptop is functional except my “E” key. I’ve tried every YouTube tutorial and even taken out my key to clean. Is there way to fix this?...
  8. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter: Every key on my laptop is functional except my “E” key. I’ve tried every YouTube tutorial and even taken out my key to clean. Is there way to fix this?...
  9. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Transfering product key to new PC not working. Error code 0x803fa067

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Transfering product key to new PC not working. Error code 0x803fa067: I have just built a PC with all new parts. I have deactivated my windows key from my old PC and I am trying to activate windows 10 on my new PC but it's not working It's giving me error code 0x803fa067. One thing to note is that if I try to activate windows 10 on my old PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fn key volume is working but rest not working