Windows 10: Some folders are missing in File History

Discus and support Some folders are missing in File History in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a strange issue because I can find some folders in Properties but File History panel doesn’t show them. How can I make them visible from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KhalilStickers, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Some folders are missing in File History

I have a strange issue because I can find some folders in Properties but File History panel doesn’t show them. How can I make them visible from the Control Panel?

:)

KhalilStickers, Jun 11, 2019

2. How to remove folders from File History

• I had the same problem, and I solved in this way:
      Control Panel -> System and Security-> File History -> Turn off
      Settings -> Update & Security -> Backup -> More options -> Stop using this drive
      Delete the File History folder in your external drive.
      Start using File History again.
      After performing these steps, I can easily add folders to "Excluded Folders" and they remain excluded. I checked in the actual files and folders saved on the external disk, and it works.
      I did not modify the default settings about how often and how long backup is saved, File History is working ok now. So I guess it is important to click "Stop using this drive" in order to reset File History.
      Hope this will be helpful

mila parker, Jun 11, 2019
  3. ALN
    ALN Win User
    How to remove folders from File History

That did it - Thank you Mila!

4. Some folders are missing in File History

file history folder

Hi Carolyn,

There are many factors we can consider on why the file history folder is missing. The cause will vary on how you created your backup. For better assistance, please answer the following questions.

• Is this the first time that you're trying to create a backup? If yes, how are you trying to perform the task?
    • If not, how did you create your last backup?
    • Was the external drive removed?

In the meantime, you may follow the steps provided in this
    article
    to try backing up your files again.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Some folders are missing in File History

1. Some folders are missing in File History - Similar Threads - folders are missing

2. File History files/folders invisible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History files/folders invisible: I had trouble getting File History turned on for an external hard drive. Finally it's working. However, I cannot see folders and files on the drive, even though I can go to properties and see that the drive is full. Is there a way to see, and perhaps access, the folders and...
  3. missing some files and folders using Robocopy command

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    missing some files and folders using Robocopy command: We are planning to midgrade our fileserver from server 2012 R2 to 2019. When running robocopy to transfer files and fodders to 2012 R server to 2019, it shows no failed. However, if I check drive size and files copied on these two server, they are different.2012 R2 shows...
  4. Robocopy missing some files and folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Robocopy missing some files and folders: We are planning to midgrade our fileserver from server 2012 R2 to 2019. When running robocopy to transfer files and fodders to 2012 R server to 2019, it shows no failed. However, if I check drive size and files copied on these two server, they are different.2012 R2 shows...
  5. File history folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File history folder: Windows 10 v 2004 64 Bit:I have a notification saying that my file history folder has been disconnected for too long re- connect it now.When I type file history folder into the search box,it just says Toshiba F. Where do I find this to re-connect and is it important? 164596
  6. File history folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File history folder: Windows 10 v 2004 64 Bit:I have a notification saying that my file history folder has been disconnected for too long re- connect it now.When I type file history folder into the search box,it just says Toshiba F. Where do I find this to re-connect and is it important? 164596
  7. File History missing files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History missing files: Summary: My File History seems to be missing files. I have File History on. When I go to Restore Personal Files, I don't see all directories and if I search for a file, not all files are found although some in missing directories do. Details on missing subdirectories:...
  8. File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder: Hello, File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder than are present under C:\Users\billf How can I fix "This PC" folder? Thanks, Bill Fee...
  9. Backup File History doesn't appear to be working / Missing folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup File History doesn't appear to be working / Missing folders: Greetings all! I've been working with my music library, and in a moment of confusion I lost a considerable part of my library. I couldn't recover from the Recycle Bin because when I deleted the files Windows informed me there were too many files and if I wanted to...
  10. File history skipping files / folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File history skipping files / folders: I have custom libraries set up to back up my X:\Pictures directory and it's been backing up just fine. I dumped a large amount of pictures to a sub folder and didn't get around to deleting the bad ones before file history threw them on my history drive. No big deal, I went...