Windows 10: some folders cannot open or delete, they will disappear after restart

Discus and support some folders cannot open or delete, they will disappear after restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; it occors too frequently; how can i remove these folters without restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KanCheng1, Mar 30, 2020.

1. KanCheng1 Win User

some folders cannot open or delete, they will disappear after restart

it occors too frequently; how can i remove these folters without restart

:)

KanCheng1, Mar 30, 2020
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

some folders cannot open or delete,  they will disappear after restart upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused some folders cannot open or delete,  they will disappear after restart :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well some folders cannot open or delete,  they will disappear after restart :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 30, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. some folders cannot open or delete, they will disappear after restart - Similar Threads - folders cannot open

2. Deleted files/Folders disappears after deleting only after hitting Refresh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted files/Folders disappears after deleting only after hitting Refresh: I had this issue in the past and eventually it disappeared by itself. Possibly due to a future Windows Update.But since I installed a Preview Windows Update before the May Update and then the May Update I notice that whenever I delete a file or folder it doesn't disappear...
  3. Deleted files/Folders disappears after deleting only after hitting Refresh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted files/Folders disappears after deleting only after hitting Refresh: I had this issue in the past and eventually it disappeared by itself. Possibly due to a future Windows Update.But since I installed a Preview Windows Update before the May Update and then the May Update I notice that whenever I delete a file or folder it doesn't disappear...
  4. Roaming folder entirely deleted after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Roaming folder entirely deleted after restart: When I restarted my Computer the Roaming folder in Appdata was completely empty no previous versions either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roaming-folder-entirely-deleted-after-restart/90cc4951-549f-420c-9144-25d3c5c5a58a
  5. Deleted Folder Not Disappearing

Deleted Folder Not Disappearing: Somehow I ended up accidentally creating two different folders that had the exact same name on my desktop. Normally it should have just overwritten what was in the original folder or asked me to change one of the folder's names but instead it created a second folder, with...
  6. Quick access folders disappear after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick access folders disappear after restart: In the last couple of days I've noticed that my most important folders, which I keep under Quick Access, have disappeared from that option after restart and I have to spend ages looking for them again. Does anyone know why this has just started to happen? I haven't done...
  7. Cannot Delete a folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Delete a folder: [ATTACH] New drive is created automatically [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-delete-a-folder/5aacf868-efc9-473e-bea1-7a5b0fd9c9c7
  8. Cannot delete folder

Cannot delete folder: I am the administrator and I cannot delete a folder. When I try to Change Ownership from SYSTEM [ATTACH] the window modal blinks and then Change is greyed out. [ATTACH] I've tried deleting from command prompt as well, but I get Access Denied....
  9. cannot delete folder

cannot delete folder: At my desktop, I create a folder but when I am going to delete the folder it shows an error message -"could not find this item". How can I solve this issue? Though I find an article on a website it does not fic my problem....
  10. Cannot delete some weird folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete some weird folder: hie i cannot delete a folder which is occupying around 300 gigs its named like "7b31b96adb099d631d03e9c5" if i tried to delete it i have to change the ownership but cannot do it it doesnt make me change the ownership please help 52466