Windows 10: Some functionality of app are lost

Discus and support Some functionality of app are lost in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Not able to see the complete file names in downloads Cant use the pen on powerpoint... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anna Jessy John, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Some functionality of app are lost

Not able to see the complete file names in downloads

Cant use the pen on powerpoint

:)

Anna Jessy John, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Ruz San Win User

Re-install Windows 10 Photo Edit app "Warm" Function

Hi,

To better understand your concern about the app in Windows 10, please answer the following:

• Are you pertaining to the Photos app?
    • Did you lose the function after updating the app?
    If you lost the function after an update was installed on your computer, you can try the steps on this

page
    to restore from a system restore point. Doing this will revert your computer's state to when you haven't updated the system.

We also suggest you provide a feedback or suggestion
    here
    for Microsoft to look into your opinion about our products.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ruz San, Mar 15, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Somewhere along the way I lost my context menu print function

Hi, have you ever used any tool such as Shellexview (free) to disable context menu entries?

Try downloading and installing and running that and see if you see a list of entries listed as disabled.

Print is a default Windows item, so if lost suggests some sort of corruption may have occurred.

As a matter of course, try running
    chkdsk c: /scan
    and then if ok
    SFC /SCANNOW
    - both from an admin command or powershell prompt and post the result.

What is your Windows build?
    Windows key + R, winver

dalchina, Mar 15, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Some functionality of app are lost

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Some functionality of app are lost :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Some functionality of app are lost

1. Some functionality of app are lost - Similar Threads - functionality app are

2. Search function lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search function lost: After the update last week I lost the search function in the start up box and in searching files on my PC. I uninstalled and the function returns. I am wondering if there is another fix for the problem....
  3. Search function lost

Search function lost: On Wednesday an auto update processed. Thursday I could not search my files on the PC or use the start up box to search. I uninstalled the updates and the function returns. There must be a bug in there causing this to happen. Anyone else having this issue?...
  4. Search function lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Search function lost: After the update last week I lost the search function in the start up box and in searching files on my PC. I uninstalled and the function returns. I am wondering if there is another fix for the problem....
  5. Search function lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Search function lost: On Wednesday an auto update processed. Thursday I could not search my files on the PC or use the start up box to search. I uninstalled the updates and the function returns. There must be a bug in there causing this to happen. Anyone else having this issue?...
  6. lost prtscn function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost prtscn function: Recently when I hit the prtscn key, I get an option to turn on carat browsing rather than capturing the screen. Anyone know how I can get my prtscn function back? I have Windows 10 and a Surface Pro...
  7. lost prtscn function

lost prtscn function: Recently when I hit the prtscn key, I get an option to turn on carat browsing rather than capturing the screen. Anyone know how I can get my prtscn function back? I have Windows 10 and a Surface Pro...
  8. lost prtscn function

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Lost Function keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Function keys: My Toshiba laptop has lost use of the function keys. The keyboard does not have a function key and is currently not recognising any USB keyboard I plug in. Not recognising keyboards began after a 'Sleep and Charge' function began popping up. I do not want the Sleep and...
  10. Lost access to Windows Setting Apps function.

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost access to Windows Setting Apps function.: When I click on Apps the all window simply vanish... Running W10 x64 1903. [img] BTW It worked till few minutes ago when I used it to uninstall an app I did not need anymore. 133195