Windows 10: Some games crash, not sure why.

Discus and support Some games crash, not sure why. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all I was just hoping to see if I could get some insight about an issue I'm having. I'm not very tech savvy so I'll try to give the best info I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/trippin_ghost, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Some games crash, not sure why.

Hey all I was just hoping to see if I could get some insight about an issue I'm having. I'm not very tech savvy so I'll try to give the best info I can, please let me know if you need any other info. For whatever reason, random games seem to crash on my asus laptop running windows 10. There is never an error report (that I know of), I will just be playing a game and the game starts running really slowly at first then completely locks up. It's followed by a sound that comes through my speakers, hard to describe but it just sounds like "errrrrrrrrrrrrr" (lol) and continues until the game closes by itself. Before, this same issue would happen and I would get a blue screen but through customer support I was told to reduce my fan speed and I haven't got the blue screen since. However, some games just crash still. I can play borderlands without a problem, the forest, and others, but some games like MTG arena and risk for rain 2 just constantly crash in the manner described above. To make this more complicated, i can run MTG arena against a bot and it doesn't crash, but multi-player matches cause the game to crash. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, the games themselves, all my software is up to date, etc.. I dont have this issue running anything besides games.

Does this sound like an issue that is on my end, or the games end? I dont really know where to start to because like I said there is never an error, they just close.

My laptop info: ASUS Q524UQK Windows 10 64-bit Intel i7-7500U @ 2.7 GHz 16gb RAM DirectX 12 NVIDIA GeForce 940MX

submitted by /u/trippin_ghost
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/trippin_ghost, Jan 6, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 6, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Some games crash, not sure why.

Angela Pun, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Some games crash, not sure why.

1. Some games crash, not sure why. - Similar Threads - games crash sure

2. Some of my games started to crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my games started to crash: Hi there, during the last weeks i'm having problems with some of my games, I firstly noticed the crash problems on Cyberpunk 2077, the errors messages i keep getting on this game are two:Error reason: Assert Expression: <Unknown> Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons!...
  3. Some of my games started to crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my games started to crash: Hi there, during the last weeks i'm having problems with some of my games, I firstly noticed the crash problems on Cyberpunk 2077, the errors messages i keep getting on this game are two:Error reason: Assert Expression: <Unknown> Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons!...
  4. Games keep crashing some sooner some later

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep crashing some sooner some later: I am not entirely sure if I am writing this in the correct form but I have an issue lately with repeated crashing of games without a pattern, normal applications don't exhibit this behaviour but every game that I have run crashes. This does not happen immediately it usually...
  5. Games keep crashing some sooner some later

Games keep crashing some sooner some later: I am not entirely sure if I am writing this in the correct form but I have an issue lately with repeated crashing of games without a pattern, normal applications don't exhibit this behaviour but every game that I have run crashes. This does not happen immediately it usually...
  6. Not sure why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure why: Why do I startup in selective startup when I tell it under the Boot config to Normal startup? Is there a setting in BIOS that I need to change? or I'm I am missing some DLLs My computer works fine under selective so maybe I should just leave it alone. I hear that MS is taking...
  7. Not sure why

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not sure why: Why do I startup in selective startup when I tell it under the Boot config to Normal startup? Is there a setting in BIOS that I need to change? or I'm I am missing some DLLs My computer works fine under selective so maybe I should just leave it alone. I hear that MS is taking...
  8. Not sure why

9. Computer crashes when I play games not sure why.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crashes when I play games not sure why.: Hello recently I haven't been able to play certain games without the computer black screening and restarting. It always happens on the exact same spot in a game 5 secs into the game past the loading screen. I used a app called WhoCrashed and it showed me the crash dump from...
  10. some apps and games crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    some apps and games crashing: hi please help me with this. it happend to me in all my win 10 pcs why this problem didnt get solved already evry time my apps and games working and then stuuf just not loading i tried everything.Guides and tutorials.Nothing helps.There was one solution with powershell but...