Windows 10: Some games on xbox game pass for pc do not start. "Windows cannot access the specified,...

Discus and support Some games on xbox game pass for pc do not start. "Windows cannot access the specified,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue with several games on the XGP xbox beta app. Although the games are different the issue is always the same. Here's an example... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndreasSisas, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Some games on xbox game pass for pc do not start. "Windows cannot access the specified,...

Hi,

I have an issue with several games on the XGP xbox beta app. Although the games are different the issue is always the same. Here's an example with the Halo: The Master Chief Collection:

Some games on xbox game pass for pc do not start. "Windows cannot access the specified,... eca644e8-e566-4114-be77-3ecdc64e0a55?upload=true.png

When I try to start the game, it always brings up the UAC for Microsoft Store Package Dependency Installer and when I click ok, it'll bring me to the above error message.

Some games on xbox game pass for pc do not start. "Windows cannot access the specified,... b97ade26-1ad9-4263-821a-f6759e6dffc8?upload=true.jpg

What I've tried so far for any particular game that has this issue:

• Reinstalling the game app
    • Resetting the game app
    • Resetting the MS Store
    • Removing and reinstalling the xbox beta app
    • Changing target drives and doing the above again
    • Running sfc /scannow - no errors
    • Running DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth - no errors

If I get this error with any game, there is seemingly no solution - reinstalling the PC is not an option, the rest of it works, with all MS Store non game apps, with all the different game clients etc etc. Only games some on XGP seem to have this issue. The error message itself prompted me to actually go and find the location of the app for each game that this issue game up, and 'lo, the apps are where the error message is referring to so, I'm stumped.

I do not know who this posts reaches, but hopefully someone can help. Praying that MS does not direct issues to other consumers, just to brainstorm or some such. Which of course is welcome if there is no other way.

Games with the same problem:

Microsoft Flight Simulator - must've installed that about 3-4 times 100+ gigs of fun

... there were others, but I've already forgotten them, as I couldn't play them, will update, if I can find those out, as well

:)

AndreasSisas, Oct 10, 2020

2. Xbox games pass on pc

Hi Bat,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

These are the games free with the pass.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-p...

However, the exact difference can be told by experts on the Xbox forum so suggest you to start a question there.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 10, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox Game Pass: July New Games Xbox

Hello @BitSkrieg, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

*Arrow Xbox Game Pass FAQs | Start Your Free Trial | Xbox

Brink, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Some games on xbox game pass for pc do not start. "Windows cannot access the specified,...

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass in July Xbox

Source: Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Middle-earth: Shadow of War, Dead Rising 4, and More - Xbox Wire

Brink, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Some games on xbox game pass for pc do not start. "Windows cannot access the specified,...

1. Some games on xbox game pass for pc do not start. "Windows cannot access the specified,... - Similar Threads - games xbox game

2. Xbox Game Pass PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass PC: I am having issues with game passI recently swapped C drives as my old one was failing, swapped to WD black 500Gb. Since doing so I have been unable to install games from the Xbox app or Microsoft store even on games that I have purchased and not just with game pass games....
  3. XBOX GAME PASS PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX GAME PASS PC: Hi, I bought an Xbox game pass for pc but I can't log in, and I get the message "it looks like your credit card is going to expire soon. Update it now so you can continue playing", but my next payday is 15/02/22, and I can't download anything because I get the message unknown...
  4. Xbox Game pass PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game pass PC: So with Mlb The Show 21 coming out on game pass the 20th will i be able to play it while on my pc or qill it not work on pc and just on xbox? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-pc/0a882db6-40f7-4235-95a1-98806470b11c
  5. PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass: I keep getting an error for my PC Game Pass saying that im encountering an error for installing my game pass games. Error Code Ox 00000001. Im paid up on my subscription, i can play the games on my xbox. But i cant get past this error to install on my PC and the error cant be...
  6. Controller not working on some Xbox Game Pass PC games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller not working on some Xbox Game Pass PC games: Hi, recently i started my Xbox Game Pass subscription for PC and have been playing a lot. However, i installed Ori And The Blind Forest and my controller doesn't work. I use a Razer Serval to play. Sometimes when i can't use the controller i just use the x360ce controller...
  7. Xbox game pass PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox game pass PC: Bonjour, J'ai essayer de trouvé la solution sur le net mais sans succès donc ma tentative ici : J'ai pris le passe ultime pour essayer, je télécharge RAGE 2, THE OUTER WORLD et GROUNDED " merci la fibre " le soucie est que quand je clic sur jouer rien ne se passe, que se...
  8. Cannot install games with the Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install games with the Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta): Hey guys, I just got the subscription for the Xbox game pass for PC (Beta) where I was able to start off the month with just paying $1. Now with this subscription are there certain games I can download with this pass because I can download games so far is Outer Worlds, but...
  9. Xbox pass PC none of the game starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox pass PC none of the game starts: Hi got it installed and worked properly weeks ago but just recently games just wont start they hangs on loading screen (sea of thieves) or some wont start at all and come back with error sometimes (Lonely mountains downhill ) My membership is active but any game i install...
  10. Xbox Game Pass for pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game Pass for pc: So i first bought a regular xbox game pass, when that expired i decided to buy a game pass ultimate, and now i can't even open games like Forza and Shadow Of War? it says i have the ultimate game pass and they have money of my bank account. When i try to open Shadow Of War it...