Windows 10: Some guidance please on updates for W10 newbie

Discus and support Some guidance please on updates for W10 newbie in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am new to W10 (Professional version 1809). I know there are tutorials and threads on updates but I need to ask this from my particular experience.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Uplander, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Uplander Win User

Some guidance please on updates for W10 newbie

I am new to W10 (Professional version 1809). I know there are tutorials and threads on updates but I need to ask this from my particular experience.

Last night I was using the computer when the screen went blue, some updates took place (I cannot remember what it said but I felt they weren't ordinary windows updates) and then a restart happened without me getting any say in the matter. After years of using W7 I was a bit shocked.

Anyway, when I go into updates now it says "restart required - your device will restart outside of active hours" but this it did not do last night. So, I am still not clear as follows:

> Are there two things running - windows updates and app updates or does this all happen under one system?

> Can I replicate the W7 system where I was advised of updates and then could install them at a time of my choosing?

> If yes to this last point, what is the simplest way to do so?

Any help much appreciated.

:)

Uplander, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Hard Core Win User

Core2Duo E6300 - Overclocking for newbies

Hey HeUeR..

I started this thread wondering if there was anyone willing to help newbies (like me) in the whole overclocking thing, in order to learn how to OC the Core 2 Duo E6300 processor with a step-by-step guidance.

Even though this thread has been read over 6.000 times, it is not very useful (in my opinion) since the discussion has been made on overclocking the Intel Core2 duo E6300 processor on the Intel D946GZis motherboard.

So, HeUeR, could you please post -in a step-by-step guidance- how you overclocked yours, in order to help others newbies and to make this thread more interesting...*Rockout :rockout:

Many thanks and please post some pictures if you can... *Toast :toast:

Hard Core, Dec 10, 2019
  3. popsean Win User
    Newbie, looking for new graphics card.

I am currently having problems with my 4870s noise.
    In my honest opinion, its just too damn loud.

Getting to the point, i am looking for a new video card that is
    • Quiet/silent
    • Decent power
    • around 120 dollars or less.
    • Dual dvi outputs for 2 monitors
    • Easy/Low maintenance
    • Not a puzzle to install
    Im going to buy a new video card very soon, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

popsean, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Hard Core Win User

Core2Duo E6300 - Overclocking for newbies

HeUeR..

Alright HeUeR !!!... We'll wait for your step-by-step guidance.

Happy New Year !!!

*Toast :toast:

Hard Core, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Some guidance please on updates for W10 newbie - Similar Threads - guidance please updates

2. some newbie problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some newbie problems: Hello everyone...I am having a "the feature you are trying to use is on a cd-rom or other removable disk that is not available "error while uninstalling some software from my pc. Please help ....
  3. some newbie problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some newbie problems: Hello everyone...I am having a "the feature you are trying to use is on a cd-rom or other removable disk that is not available "error while uninstalling some software from my pc. Please help ....
  4. need some programming guidance

in Windows 10 Support
    need some programming guidance: i have a practice management system in my dental practice, and we would like to be able to create an on-screen "sticky note" when a patient's account is pulled up. The patient account number is part of the title bar text, and my desire would be to have a text note or a...
  5. Problem with using OneDrive - help Newbie please!

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with using OneDrive - help Newbie please!: I am trying to transfer My Docs files from my old laptop to a new Tablet - both are latest version of Windows 10. My problem is: I can see in my vault on my laptop all my files going back for ages but when I go into One Drive on my new Tablet and open the vault all I see are...
  6. Some guidance please on updates for W10 newbie

in Windows 10 Support
    Some guidance please on updates for W10 newbie: I am new to W10 (Professional version 1809). I know there are tutorials and threads on updates but I need to ask this from my particular experience. Last night I was using the computer when the screen went blue, some updates took place (I cannot remember what it said but I...
  7. newbie

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    newbie: I have a laptop with genuine Windows default his laptop then I bring my laptop to the computer worker after the Windows OS check is changed to not original, how do I restore the windows to the original version? Because recovery is deleted thank you...
  8. W10 newby, grieving loss of WLFG or WFG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 newby, grieving loss of WLFG or WFG: Hello All, There's an old thread about W10 not having Windows Live Photo Gallery and I was excited about the idea to dload W Essentials, but MS has disabled the dload link. I am in process of transitioning to a brand new laptop running W10 and disappointed about losing...
  9. W10 newbie Q: re disksnapshot

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 newbie Q: re disksnapshot: Hello Ten, I found Solved disksnapshot.exe? - Windows 10 Forums and I found What does disksnapshot.exe do? and what is it? - WindowsInstructed. I'm wondering, what does Windows do with the snapshot taken to check the health of the disk. Does Windows record or report disk...
  10. Windows 10 - Need some guidance on recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Need some guidance on recovery: One of my spare Windows 10 machines is on life support. I must have clobbered it somehow when I was tweaking the multiple display settings ( to incorporate a HDMI projector). It actually worked fine all week, but today, when I tired to set it up for the HDMI monitor only,...