Windows 10: some hidden files that takes up space on my hard drive?

Discus and support some hidden files that takes up space on my hard drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i have a weird problem. i had 181 gb of free space on one of my partitions on a hard drive but now it says i only have 157 gb of free space. i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Octopolus, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Octopolus Win User

some hidden files that takes up space on my hard drive?

i have a weird problem. i had 181 gb of free space on one of my partitions on a hard drive but now it says i only have 157 gb of free space. i have downloaded files from google drive and with my bittorrent-klient but those files i saved on another drive. i was thinking that maybe windows had created some temp-files to the files i downloaded but i cant find any on the partition im having this problem with.
    i have tested to restart my computer and i have the setting on that shows hidden files and folders in explorer.

can anybody recognize this problem and help me to solve this?

most thankful for all help

:)

Octopolus, Apr 27, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Apr 27, 2019
  3. No space on hard drive due to system reserved patition and installer files

Hi Ruth,

The issue may occur due to corrupted system files or memory full. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• What is the exact error message?
    • Can you please provide us a screenshot of your hard drive status.

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article of Andre Da Costa:
    How to free up disk space in Windows
    . It contains troubleshooting steps and explanation pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

files from a system reserved drive

Hi Malathi,

We need to clarify some information first for us to better understand your file recovery concern. Please provide the answers to the questions below:

• Have you accessed Disk Management to see if the hard drive of your old laptop has used space? This will help us verify if your files from your old laptop is still saved in the hard drive. To access Disk Management, follow these steps:
      • Right-click the Windows logo (Start button).
      • Choose Disk Management.
    • Have you checked if you can see the files inside the hard drive when enabling
      Hidden items? To see hidden items, follow these instructions:
      • Access File Explorer.
      • On upper-right part of File Explorer, click View.
      • Click the checkbox beside Hidden items.
    • Can you see the files inside the hard drive of your old laptop when connecting it on another computer?

Argel Obm, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

1. some hidden files that takes up space on my hard drive? - Similar Threads - hidden files takes

2. Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive: The SSD external harddrive has 4TB space capacity, using around 27gb of space, but there is/are unknown files occupying space. I have tried all possible solutions, deleting folders, show hidden files, etc. I even tried reformat it, however, when I start to transfer files back...
  3. Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive: The SSD external harddrive has 4TB space capacity, using around 27gb of space, but there is/are unknown files occupying space. I have tried all possible solutions, deleting folders, show hidden files, etc. I even tried reformat it, however, when I start to transfer files back...
  4. Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive: The reason I use OneDrive is to put files in a cloud that doesn't take up hard drive space on my PC. Unfortunately it is. How can I access OneDrive documents from my PC file explorer without it taking up space on my hard drive? Thank you in advance....
  6. OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive: The reason I use OneDrive is to put files in a cloud that doesn't take up hard drive space on my PC. Unfortunately it is. How can I access OneDrive documents from my PC file explorer without it taking up space on my hard drive? Thank you in advance....
  7. OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How can I see all the files taking up space on my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I see all the files taking up space on my hard drive?: I have a 1TB HDD that really has a capacity of 931GB. I wanted to grab Microsoft Flight Simulator which is a big, big program so I was clearing out my hard drive and filtered the drive for files size:> 900MB and went down the list deleting various unnecessary files. After...
  9. Can't find app that's taking up hard drive space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find app that's taking up hard drive space: At one point I purchased a game from Steam, which included a beta version. Since I didn't want that, I deleted it (unfortunately not through the Steam client). Now when I use the Storage app to see what files are taking up space on my hard drive, this game is shown as using...
  10. hard drive space.. win ten taking up 150gb

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hard drive space.. win ten taking up 150gb: Hi, I wonder if any one can shed some light here. I have just done a full win ten install from usb and not keeping any files.. all installed fine but win ten is somehow using 150gb when I search through the c drive all I can find is windows old (12.6gb) and windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hidden files that take up hard drive space