Windows 10: some hidden files that takes up space on my hard drive?

Discus and support some hidden files that takes up space on my hard drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i have a weird problem. i had 181 gb of free space on one of my partitions on a hard drive but now it says i only have 157 gb of free space. i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Octopolus, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Octopolus Win User

some hidden files that takes up space on my hard drive?

i have a weird problem. i had 181 gb of free space on one of my partitions on a hard drive but now it says i only have 157 gb of free space. i have downloaded files from google drive and with my bittorrent-klient but those files i saved on another drive. i was thinking that maybe windows had created some temp-files to the files i downloaded but i cant find any on the partition im having this problem with.
    i have tested to restart my computer and i have the setting on that shows hidden files and folders in explorer.

can anybody recognize this problem and help me to solve this?

most thankful for all help

:)

Octopolus, Apr 27, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Apr 27, 2019
  3. No space on hard drive due to system reserved patition and installer files

Hi Ruth,

The issue may occur due to corrupted system files or memory full. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• What is the exact error message?
    • Can you please provide us a screenshot of your hard drive status.

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article of Andre Da Costa:
    How to free up disk space in Windows
    . It contains troubleshooting steps and explanation pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

files from a system reserved drive

Hi Malathi,

We need to clarify some information first for us to better understand your file recovery concern. Please provide the answers to the questions below:

• Have you accessed Disk Management to see if the hard drive of your old laptop has used space? This will help us verify if your files from your old laptop is still saved in the hard drive. To access Disk Management, follow these steps:
      • Right-click the Windows logo (Start button).
      • Choose Disk Management.
    • Have you checked if you can see the files inside the hard drive when enabling
      Hidden items? To see hidden items, follow these instructions:
      • Access File Explorer.
      • On upper-right part of File Explorer, click View.
      • Click the checkbox beside Hidden items.
    • Can you see the files inside the hard drive of your old laptop when connecting it on another computer?

Argel Obm, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

1. some hidden files that takes up space on my hard drive? - Similar Threads - hidden files takes

2. Hard drive storage space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive storage space: What is the maximum amount of storage space Windows 10 can recognize \ utilize? I am setting up external hard drives for multiple storage locations and I want to know what the limit is that windows can recognize and use at any given time. I contacted support and was told the...
  3. 'Other' files taking up storage space

'Other' files taking up storage space: Alright, so I have a Windows 10 laptop with 29.1 gigabytes on the C drive. Now, sometimes when I go to settings, system, storage, and see how much space's taken up by the system files, sometimes it'll say about 17 GB while other times it'll say 19 GB. Because the system files...
  4. System is taking up 400GB of space.

System is taking up 400GB of space.: Hello I have a problem with my space usage. My computer is having a daily update that does nothing and I think it's just giving me unnecessary files. I'm not saying I'm sure of it, but my second disc have, for some reason, been getting a lot of GB's from nothing, I haven't...
  5. Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive

Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive: Hi all, I desperately need help for this problem. I have a Win 10 desktop and although it is signed in under my account, I have never set up any email on any of the apps. However, there seems to be a huge amount of Mail that is lurking and taking up valuable space in my...
  6. Log files taking up too much space

Log files taking up too much space: I recently noticed that the used space of my disk was constantly increasing. After poking around a bit, I found that the windows/Temp folder had tens of thousands of files named 'AppXDeploymentServer_'+long string of numbers and letters+.evtx. Each of these files is 5188 KB....
  7. AppData folder using up 56% of hard drive space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AppData folder using up 56% of hard drive space: I have a friend with a laptop, Dell, with a 120GB SSD. Windows 10 The AppData folder now uses 62GB of space, far more than my 14 year old desktop. The only software installed is Office 365 Home and Student. This simply can't be right. Typical clean up scans have no...
  8. Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space: Hey Guys, So I have a 200 GB Hard Drive on my computer. A couple of days ago I got a notification mentioning there was not ten GB of space left. I was surprised, but I assumed I just had more on it than I thought. However, since then I have re-installed Windows for my own...
  9. hard drive space.. win ten taking up 150gb

hard drive space.. win ten taking up 150gb: Hi, I wonder if any one can shed some light here. I have just done a full win ten install from usb and not keeping any files.. all installed fine but win ten is somehow using 150gb when I search through the c drive all I can find is windows old (12.6gb) and windows...
  10. User folder loop eating up hard drive space

User folder loop eating up hard drive space: I installed Windows 10 a few weeks ago, but today I noticed that my 1TB hard drive only had 50GB left, despite it only being ~400GB full before the install. I ran Disk Cleanup and removed as much as I could, but it only cleared an additional 100GB. I then ran WinDirStat, and...