Windows 10: Some how "Microsoft Edge" got installed on pc

Discus and support Some how "Microsoft Edge" got installed on pc in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Some how "Microsoft Edge" got installed on pc. Is there a real easy way to uninstall it? It has messed up a couple of my programs? I use Chrome.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by artic, May 23, 2020.

1. artic Win User

Some how "Microsoft Edge" got installed on pc

Some how "Microsoft Edge" got installed on pc. Is there a real easy way to uninstall it? It has messed up a couple of my programs? I use Chrome.

Windows 10
    Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.836)

:)

artic, May 23, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 23, 2020
  3. microsoft edge icon missing from task bar

Hi Robert,

We suggest that you open Microsoft Edge via Run just to verify if Microsoft Edge is installed in the PC. If it comes up, pin it to the taskbar.

To open Microsoft Edge via Run, see steps below:

• Open Run by pressing the Windows key + R.
    • In the text field, type microsoft-edge: and then click
      OK

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, May 23, 2020
  4. Some how "Microsoft Edge" got installed on pc

Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Some how "Microsoft Edge" got installed on pc

1. Some how "Microsoft Edge" got installed on pc - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge got

2. Microsoft Edge Installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Installer: I recently opened up my task manager and saw a process running. It took up 21% of my CPU and a little of my other resources, it immediately dropped to 0 - ~0.01 for all the resources.It's not a virus or anything, the signature is official. My question is if this is normal...
  3. Microsoft Edge Installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Installer: I recently opened up my task manager and saw a process running. It took up 21% of my CPU and a little of my other resources, it immediately dropped to 0 - ~0.01 for all the resources.It's not a virus or anything, the signature is official. My question is if this is normal...
  4. My Pc got the new microsoft store update but not installing

My Pc got the new microsoft store update but not installing: Hello Everyone,Today My laptop was not showing Microsoft Store update and i was running 21H2 so i tried some tutorials and one of them was reinstalling the microsoft store.I did it and it resetted my microsoft store when i went to the downloads and updates it showed that the...
  5. My Pc got the new microsoft store update but not installing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Pc got the new microsoft store update but not installing: Hello Everyone,Today My laptop was not showing Microsoft Store update and i was running 21H2 so i tried some tutorials and one of them was reinstalling the microsoft store.I did it and it resetted my microsoft store when i went to the downloads and updates it showed that the...
  6. Some weird Microsoft edge just installed itself on my PC and I don't know how to get rid of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some weird Microsoft edge just installed itself on my PC and I don't know how to get rid of...: It's making me nervous as I've already lost a computer to virus before and I don't want it to happen again. Anyone know how I remove it?? It's not letting me uninstall it which is super suspicious. It even made its own icon but I don't recognize it at all Thanks! submitted...
  7. Some weird Microsoft edge just installed itself on my PC and I don't know how to get rid of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some weird Microsoft edge just installed itself on my PC and I don't know how to get rid of...: It's making me nervous as I've already lost a computer to virus before and I don't want it to happen again. Anyone know how I remove it?? It's not letting me uninstall it which is super suspicious. It even made its own icon but I don't recognize it at all Thanks! submitted...
  8. Just Got Microsoft Edge Beta Channel

in Browsers and Email
    Just Got Microsoft Edge Beta Channel: [img] *Thumbs 145853
  9. Unable to install some Edge extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to install some Edge extensions: Some Edge extensions cannot be installed on my Windows 10 Professional. They report that they require Windows 10 version 15063 or higher. I am on the Anniversary update. How come they cannot be installed? 92876
  10. just installed Win 10 and i got no Store Or Microsoft Edge

just installed Win 10 and i got no Store Or Microsoft Edge: I had Just installed Windows 10 as a clean install over linux and i wanted to install apps but i had no windows 10 store and i had to use internet explorer to get a different browser because Microsoft Edge is nowhere to be found 53817

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why did the new microsoft edge get installed on my pc