Windows 10: Some icons and text not showing in search menu

Discus and support Some icons and text not showing in search menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I installed Windows 10, a lot of text and icons in the search menu are not showing up ever. I've tried the obvious things such as restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by diasdjfkasd0125, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Some icons and text not showing in search menu

Ever since I installed Windows 10, a lot of text and icons in the search menu are not showing up ever. I've tried the obvious things such as restarting my computer and making sure I have all Windows updates. My start menu and everything else seems to work normally. Here are the screen shots of what I'm seeing:

Some icons and text not showing in search menu [​IMG]

:)

diasdjfkasd0125, Aug 8, 2015

2. still no start menu in windows 10 ?

So I did all of that.

It did pull in some updates when I restarted it, but still no start menu (except when I right-click on the windows icon), Search the web and Windows text entry box takes no text and the notifications won't show up when I click on the new notifications window
    in lower right corner.

AmyBurnett, Aug 8, 2015
  3. rgli13 Win User
    No Cortana (Windows 10)?

when i click on the cortana app tile on my start menu i get the top part of that, not the bottom strip with the windows icon and text. just the blank box.

the search icon i have in the taskbar doesnt do anything, i can hide or show it but it doesnt open a text box at all.

rgli13, Aug 8, 2015
  4. nabb Win User

Some icons and text not showing in search menu

same here[

QUOTE=diasdjfkasd0125;328092]Ever since I installed Windows 10, a lot of text and icons in the search menu are not showing up ever. I've tried the obvious things such as restarting my computer and making sure I have all Windows updates. My start menu and everything else seems to work normally. Here are the screen shots of what I'm seeing:

[/QUOTE]

5. b1rd Win User
    b1rd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Some icons and text not showing in search menu

1. Some icons and text not showing in search menu - Similar Threads - icons text showing

2. Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/3w4fhzigtbra1.png?width=649&format=png&auto=webp&s=c86e5e7427ac69cabfd38af3090440d644db8d5f https://preview.redd.it/ynk9qyigtbra1.png?width=652&format=png&auto=webp&s=062ee9ea000bac08e84f0c9dccf322f553c0b38b...
  3. How to only show the "search icon" on taskbar, not including with the text "search"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to only show the "search icon" on taskbar, not including with the text "search": The "search" in the search icon is really annoying. I want to turn only the text "search" off, not the whole search feature. How can I do that? Thanks....
  4. How to only show the "search icon" on taskbar, not including with the text "search"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to only show the "search icon" on taskbar, not including with the text "search": The "search" in the search icon is really annoying. I want to turn only the text "search" off, not the whole search feature. How can I do that? Thanks....
  5. Some Icons Not Showing in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Some Icons Not Showing in Windows Search: As far as I know right now, this is happening with three apps. Zoom, Razer Cortex, and Razer Synapse. When I search for them, I don't see their actual icons, just the default Windows app icon. While I can still open the apps from Search even though they don't show their...
  6. App icon not showing on window search menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    App icon not showing on window search menu: I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself. Within the app list itself, the icons show up correctly....
  7. Icons for some apps not showing on start menu [Image]

Icons for some apps not showing on start menu [Image]: Hi some of the app icons that I have are not showing up on the start menu when I search for them. Please see attached image. This is not happening for all apps but a couple of them: Spotify, Skype, Microsoft Edge. The app appears on the taskbar, but its not showing up on the...
  8. Menu options text not showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Menu options text not showing: I'm having some trouble with menus options text. [ATTACH] It is some windows problems or can it be some type of virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/menu-options-text-not-showing/04167ac7-f218-46de-9dee-d0b6b4e30612
  9. App Icons won't show in search menu

App Icons won't show in search menu: So I have this issue where the app icons is showing me this black 'X' in the search menu. I tried changing display setting, select 125% scalling and back to 100% but it seems doesn't work. is there anyway to fix this? [ATTACH]...
  10. start menu shows icons instead of icon with text description

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu shows icons instead of icon with text description: I used to be able to press the windows key and scroll up with the up arrow key to select the power button but now by default, the up arrow key selects the programs instead. I believe this has to do with the left pane start menu becoming marginalized / minimized. Is there a...