Windows 10: Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.

Discus and support Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have pinned some software to taskbar. When I click one icon, it open the software in the same place in taskbar, but some are in a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ZHENYUZENGGTV, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.

Hello, I have pinned some software to taskbar. When I click one icon, it open the software in the same place in taskbar, but some are in a new place.For example, I clicked the chrome icon in taskbar, it opened in a new place at the right of the taskbar, but when I click the Edge icon in taskbar, it opened in the same place. Why are they?

:)

ZHENYUZENGGTV, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest downloading the latest update, KB4020102, to see if that resolves your concern with the icon placement.
    To do that, go to Settings > Update & Security
    > Check for Updates.

We also recommend changing the desktop icon settings. To access it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Themes and press Enter.

• Click Change desktop icons.

• Uncheck Allow themes to change desktop icons.

• Click Apply.

• Click OK.

After installing the latest updates and changing the desktop icon settings, check if you can place icons on the left side of your screen.

Let us know if what happens to your icon placement after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

Just to confirm, is your current profile connected to your Microsoft account? If it is, you'll need to disconnect your Microsoft account first, then create a new user profile and connect it to your Microsoft account. To do so, follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Accounts and press Enter.
    • Click Family & other people.
    • Click Add someone else to this PC.
    • Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.
    • Once you've created a new account, click Your info.
    • Click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Enter your current password and press Next.
    • Enter a user name, password and password hint and click Next..
    • Click Sign out and finish.
    • Sign in to the new account and check if you can place icons to the left side of the screen. If it works, move on to the next step.
    • Move all your files to the new account. Do steps 1 and 2.
    • Click Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your password and click Next.
    • Enter your Microsoft account credentials and click Next.
    • Select how you want to receive the security code, enter the required information and click
      Next.
    • Enter the code you received and click Next.
    • Click Switch.
    Let us know if you're able to place icons wherever you want to after following the steps above.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.

Icon placed on desktop automatically removed by Windows Defender.

*Original Title: Shortcute Icon of Software automatically removed by windows defender

Icon placed on desktop automatically removed by windows defender. we are using Incometax software

BhanudasKolhe, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.

1. Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it. - Similar Threads - icons are places

2. Network adaptor disables when i place some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adaptor disables when i place some games.: So far this is the case with the following games: R.U.S.E., Back 4 Blood, and Baldur's Gate 3. When i play any of these games, my network adaptor will disable and re-enable itself randomly. I have found no solution and i've gone so far as a complete wipe of the hard drive and...
  3. Network adaptor disables when i place some games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adaptor disables when i place some games.: So far this is the case with the following games: R.U.S.E., Back 4 Blood, and Baldur's Gate 3. When i play any of these games, my network adaptor will disable and re-enable itself randomly. I have found no solution and i've gone so far as a complete wipe of the hard drive and...
  4. Network adaptor disables when i place some games.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My icons keep moving on the previous place it was originally placed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My icons keep moving on the previous place it was originally placed: I want to organize my desktop and keep the apps for my work together separated from my games and files. However, when I try to move them to the right side, it keeps going back to the left side. Is there a way to fix this so it would not go back?...
  6. My icons keep moving on the previous place it was originally placed

My icons keep moving on the previous place it was originally placed: I want to organize my desktop and keep the apps for my work together separated from my games and files. However, when I try to move them to the right side, it keeps going back to the left side. Is there a way to fix this so it would not go back?...
  7. My icons keep moving on the previous place it was originally placed

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.

Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.: Hello, I have pinned some software to taskbar. When I click one icon, it open the software in the same place in taskbar, but some are in a new place.For example, I clicked the chrome icon in taskbar, it opened in a new place at the right of the taskbar, but when I click the...
  9. Cant click on some places

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant click on some places: Hello, I have this laptop since 2012, This laptop was upgraded to Windows 10 in 2018 by my mom even though this laptop is for windows 7. (My windows isn't activated for some reason and cannot activate when i tried to.) They formatted it and everything, and after i use it...
  10. Need some storage place

in Windows 10 Support
    Need some storage place: Hello Forum, I spent many hours to have subtitled some movies, now I am short of space on my disks. I was looking on the web for some free space, found some. There is also on my pc something named "One drive" - dont know what it is or how to use it. My questions are: Can...