Windows 10: Some icons have dissapeared from my desktop and some files previously deleted still show in...

Discus and support Some icons have dissapeared from my desktop and some files previously deleted still show in... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just recently a few folders which I had showing on my Windows 10 Desktop have disappeared, they still show if I look in This PC/Desktop. While I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by albyefield, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Some icons have dissapeared from my desktop and some files previously deleted still show in...

Just recently a few folders which I had showing on my Windows 10 Desktop have disappeared, they still show if I look in This PC/Desktop.

While I was looking in This PC/Desktop I noticed that some files which I remember deleting from the Desktop still appear in the list.

I have two queries

1 How can I restore the missing folders to my desktop, right clicking does not give that option, should I just send a shortcut to the desktop.

2. Does deleting an item from the desktop not in fact actually delete it but still leave it in My Pc/desktop. There would appear to be many files there which I am sure I previously deleted.

Thanks in advance

:)

albyefield, Mar 20, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 20, 2020
  3. icons on desktop dissapeared

Hi,

I think you are right clicking from the Start menu desktop and I suggest you to right click from the conventional desktop not the desktop you see when you press the Start menu. And perform the actions. You may aslo drag and drop the applications
    as suggested, to do so,

• Click on the Start menu.

• Select All Apps.

• Select the apps you want to in to the desktop and drag the icons to the desktop.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 20, 2020
  4. sturpe Win User

Some icons have dissapeared from my desktop and some files previously deleted still show in...

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

My Desktop is showing icons as normal. But if I try to find what is on my desktop by using file manager, I cannot find the icon. I also checked under C;\user my name, public, default and no desktop listed on any of them. Any suggestions?

sturpe, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Some icons have dissapeared from my desktop and some files previously deleted still show in...

1. Some icons have dissapeared from my desktop and some files previously deleted still show in... - Similar Threads - icons dissapeared desktop

2. Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...: i started experiencing this issue of my software icons showing on desktop and not on desktop folder in explorer ive tried everything but nothing as changed...
  3. some of my games app dissapeared from my desktops ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some of my games app dissapeared from my desktops ?: i installed two games just cause 3 and Minecraft story mode , but now they are missing from my desktop but there game files are present. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-my-games-app-dissapeared-from-my-desktops/1d4335bd-5432-4fbb-99dc-24ab2ee6f59b
  4. some of my games app dissapeared from my desktops ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some of my games app dissapeared from my desktops ?: i installed two games just cause 3 and Minecraft story mode , but now they are missing from my desktop but there game files are present. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-my-games-app-dissapeared-from-my-desktops/1d4335bd-5432-4fbb-99dc-24ab2ee6f59b
  5. There is some icons appeared in my desktop file

There is some icons appeared in my desktop file: Some icons have been shows up to my desktop file at first it was like exclamation markand it changes into red lock and brown boxwhat could be the reason?does all icon have different meaning ?...
  6. Some icons not showing on desktop

Some icons not showing on desktop: When I use Snipping Tool to take a partial screen shot, I like to save the file on to the desktop because I'm using them temporarily. After saving, there's no icon for it on the desktop. If I use File Explorer to view the desktop folder, the file is there, but still no icon...
  7. Some icons not showing on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some icons not showing on desktop: When I use Snipping Tool to take a partial screen shot, I like to save the file on to the desktop because I'm using them temporarily. After saving, there's no icon for it on the desktop. If I use File Explorer to view the desktop folder, the file is there, but still no icon...
  8. Some icons not showing on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. some icons from the Start menu have dissapeared and dinamic icons dont work and some apps...

some icons from the Start menu have dissapeared and dinamic icons dont work and some apps...: [ATTACH]ms-resource:AppName is calculator[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-icons-from-the-start-menu-have-dissapeared/199b70c5-086c-480a-a1ad-f2df2fdaa381
  10. Some Of My Desktop Icons Have Disappeared?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some Of My Desktop Icons Have Disappeared?: Hello everyone, I've been clearing my desktop because it got to a point where it was filled with shortcuts I didn't need and so on. When It came around to deleting the shortcuts I moved all of the shortcuts I didn't want to delete into a folder so I could just delete the...