Windows 10: Some icons on File Explorer's navigation pane appear after a delay.

Discus and support Some icons on File Explorer's navigation pane appear after a delay. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I uploaded the screen-cast here. Navigation_Pane_Icon_Delay - Streamable It becomes a distraction to me every time I launch the Explorer. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by B8mfN9Y7, May 9, 2020.

1. B8mfN9Y7 Win User

Some icons on File Explorer's navigation pane appear after a delay.

I uploaded the screen-cast here. Navigation_Pane_Icon_Delay - Streamable

It becomes a distraction to me every time I launch the Explorer. I have searched on Google extensively about it but found none related to it. I have already read the articles relating to resetting the navigation pane's expanded state and missing navigation pane. I have also tried tweaking Registry Editor AFAIK but cannot find the solution. Can someone help me out to address this issue, please? Thanks in advance.

The Windows I am using is Windows 10 Pro 1909 (OS Build 18363.815).

:)

B8mfN9Y7, May 9, 2020
  2. Phil D Win User

File Explorer Navigation Pane Default Icons Have Changed

Hello! First time posting here.

I asked this question about a week ago on the HP community, and although a suggestion was offered, the problem persists.

I cannot give an exact date, but at some point my File Explorer Navigation Pane Icons changed from the default:

Some icons on File Explorer's navigation pane appear after a delay. [​IMG]

to this:

Some icons on File Explorer's navigation pane appear after a delay. [​IMG]

Notice they are folder icons with the unique icon picture 'overlay'

Brief history:
    • I have had my HP Spectre x360 15 (4K touch display) for about 6 weeks.
    • Initial file transfer was done using Windows (7) Easy Transfer (migwiz) which I have used on other machines without incident. Using the advanced selection; no settings were transferred, just Documents, Pictures, Music, Video.
    • I do not use any outside themes; just experimented a few times using the built in HP themes.
    • I have gone so far as to try overriding the current icons using the registry modifications mentioned in this Ten Forums post: Change Icons of Folders in This PC in Windows 10
    • When I tried the suggestions in Option One, the only change which occurred was that the unique icon picture was removed and only the plain folder icon remained. Yet the registry entries outlined in Option 2 “Change Icons of Folders in This PC for All Users” all appear to be correct.
    • There are no “exotic” programs on the computer – just Office 365, Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Elements, Bootstrap Studio, Inkscape, etc.
    Purchased at the same time was an HP Envy x360 laptop which is almost identical in specifications and installed programs except it has a regular Full HD touch screen (1920x1080). The Navigation Pane icons there are the expected 'default' as shown in the second screenshot.

Any ideas what may have caused this and any suggestions how to get the default icons back?

Phil D, May 9, 2020
  3. OneDrive missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane

When I first cleaned installed Windows 10 v1809 on my machine I applied a Group Policy setting for OneDrive to Prevent the Usage of OneDrive for File Storage to ENABLED. Of course, that would remove the OneDrive from the left side navigation pane within Windows File Explorer. But now, I set the Group Policy back to NOT CONFIGURED, rebooted the machine and the OneDrive is still missing from the the left side of the Windows File Explorer navigation pane as shown in my image. I even performed the command GPUPDATE /FORCE.

My laptop is a standalone, not part of a Domain.

I tried all the things listed from the article below but with no luck. I also was able to sign in with my OneDrive account and that was all fine and OneDrive appeared on the File Explorer pane. But once I UNLINKED my account from OneDrive, the OneDrive was still missing.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-b74545c7f4da

Even if no Group Policies are set, and even NOT signing into OneDrive, by default, the OneDrive icon should still appear on the left side navigation pane when launching Windows File Explorer.

And suggestions?

My guess is to recreate my user profile, but I don't really want to do that now.

win10freak, May 9, 2020
  4. Mojo418 Win User

Zoom functions in Navigation pane of File Explorer view

Hello,

Is there a way to increase in file explorer, the navigation pane fonts and icons? The right side where it the list of drives, libraries, quick access, etc. is.

Thanks, John

Original title: file explorer

Mojo418, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Some icons on File Explorer's navigation pane appear after a delay. - Similar Threads - icons File Explorer's

2. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon: some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-folders-in-the-navigation-pane-of-file/e8b967c0-66c1-4450-9da9-d44426e6e2e5
  3. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon: some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-folders-in-the-navigation-pane-of-file/e8b967c0-66c1-4450-9da9-d44426e6e2e5
  4. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Desktop appears twice in navigation pane of File Explorer

Desktop appears twice in navigation pane of File Explorer: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro v22H2. The Desktop is shown twice in the navigation pane of File Explorer. Also, the same folders on my Desktop are shown twice in the navigation pane. see screen clip below. Can this be changed so that the Desktop is...
  6. OneDrive no longer appears in the navigation pane of File Explorer

OneDrive no longer appears in the navigation pane of File Explorer: I am running Windows 10 Pro x64, 21H2. Microsoft OneDrive came with Windows 10 and has an entry in Programs and Features in the Control Panel. OneDrive from the Microsoft Store is NOT installed. For brevity therefore, Microsoft OneDrive is hereafter referred to as simply...
  7. OneDrive no longer appears in the navigation pane of File Explorer

OneDrive no longer appears in the navigation pane of File Explorer: I am running Windows 10 Pro x64, 21H2. Microsoft OneDrive came with Windows 10 and has an entry in Programs and Features in the Control Panel. OneDrive from the Microsoft Store is NOT installed. For brevity therefore, Microsoft OneDrive is hereafter referred to as simply...
  8. Some icons on File Explorer's navigation pane appear after a delay.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some icons on File Explorer's navigation pane appear after a delay.: It becomes a distraction to me every time I launch the Explorer. I have searched on Google extensively about it but found none related to it. I have already read the articles relating to resetting the navigation pane's expanded state and missing navigation pane. I have also...
  9. Some icons on File Explorer's navigation pane appear late. It becomes a distraction to me...

Some icons on File Explorer's navigation pane appear late. It becomes a distraction to me...: I have searched Google extensively about it but found none related to it. I have already read the articles relating to resetting the navigation pane's expanded state and missing navigation pane. I have also tried tweaking Registry Editor AFAIK but cannot find the solution....
  10. Some icons on File Explorer's navigation pane appear late. It becomes a distraction to me...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some icons on File Explorer's navigation pane appear late. It becomes a distraction to me...: I have searched Google extensively about it but found none related to it. I have already read the articles relating to resetting the navigation pane's expanded state and missing navigation pane. I have also tried tweaking Registry Editor AFAIK but cannot find the solution....