Windows 10: Some icons on my desktop are white

Discus and support Some icons on my desktop are white in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i reset my PC and some of my icons on my desktop are white how do i fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LoadedCord894, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Some icons on my desktop are white

i reset my PC and some of my icons on my desktop are white how do i fix this?

:)

LoadedCord894, Jul 25, 2020

2. Some icons on my desktop are white

i reset my PC and some of my icons on my desktop are white how do i fix this?

LoadedCord894, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Some desktop icons are white on startup

Hi everyone.
    I just installed Windows 10 Home on a brand new SSD (clean install) and I noticed that during every startup, some of my desktop icons are white.
    Immediately after, all the real icons shows up.
    All this happens very quickly, maybe in the space of a second or two.

I remember that this was happening also on Windows 7, and that there was a way to prevent it, by disabling the "Server" and "Computer Browser" services.

I tried to do the same but apparently this trick is not working on Windows 10.

It's not a big issue, but it still bothers me a bit...
    It's not so nice to see that on a modern OS powered by a SSD! *Biggrin

Other suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

steferrari, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Some icons on my desktop are white

Some desktop icons are white on startup

Is it always the same icons and which are they please - by that I mean if it is always the same what are these icons for

Macboatmaster, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Some icons on my desktop are white

1. Some icons on my desktop are white - Similar Threads - icons desktop are

2. White desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White desktop icons: Sometimes, this desktop icon you can see it in the screenshot would just turn white, but it happens only after certain system reboots etc. I had the same issue with other shortcuts before and I had to go to the original path of certain programs and create a new one from there...
  3. Desktop Icons - White Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - White Box: a little white box has appeared on my desktop in my icons. When I click on an icon the box ticks but I have to tick again to open the link. Its a minor annoyance, but how do I get rid? I think it might have been something to do with winaerotweak but unsure. [img] 173497
  4. White Bar on desktop and no icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Bar on desktop and no icons: Hello, I usually sleep my computer rather than shut it down. But when I go onto my desktop after waking it up, there are no programmes. Just a white box in the top left corner. Sometimes there is another one placed randomly on my desktop. Here's what I'm talking about:...
  5. Suddenly, some desktop icons are black and white

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suddenly, some desktop icons are black and white: A few days ago a lot of the desktop icons changed to black and white with no labels some didn't Tried to add a screenshot but see nowhere to attach it to this question... Can't find this issue searching the internet. Help! WINDOWS 10 / DELL DESKTOP / OFFICE 2019...
  6. white outline on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    white outline on desktop icons: When i highlight a desktop shortcut then click off of it it will have a white border and i dont know why it does it at all i dont know when this started as well i just logged on one day and it was like this anyone know why this is/why its happening?...
  7. Some desktop icons are white on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Some desktop icons are white on startup: Hi everyone. I just installed Windows 10 Home on a brand new SSD (clean install) and I noticed that during every startup, some of my desktop icons are white. Immediately after, all the real icons shows up. All this happens very quickly, maybe in the space of a second or two....
  8. white icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    white icons on desktop: OK, I just redid windows 10, installed most of my programs, why are there white icons on the desktop? I have 13 icons, 10 are white, is it a corrupt file somewhere? I thought I would have a like new laptop when I did this but far from it, nothing but more problems. 147973
  9. White border on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    White border on desktop icons: [img] Apologies if this topic has been discussed -- can't find it in Search. How can I get rid of the border? 124992
  10. White, blank, desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    White, blank, desktop icons: Hello, My problem is this: All of the desktop icons for websites that I have loaded on my desktop suddenly all turned to white, blank icons. They were installed using the drag & drop method, which also no longer seems to work. What is the solution? I have tried to remove...