Windows 10: Some Icons On The Desktop Are Smaller Than Others

Discus and support Some Icons On The Desktop Are Smaller Than Others in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Fortnite And Ultimate Custom Night Icons are smaller than the Others... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DhananjayShitole, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Some Icons On The Desktop Are Smaller Than Others

My Fortnite And Ultimate Custom Night Icons are smaller than the Others

:)

DhananjayShitole, Apr 30, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Some custom desktop icons turn smaller.

Hi KillerBot977,

Got it, thanks. Now, if that's the case, then kindly complete the steps below.

1. Try to follow the steps in the link below.

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/ways-make-your-...

(Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.)

2. If the issue persists, then try to manually replace those affected icons.

2.1. Right-click on an icon > select "Open file location". Leave the File Explorer window for now & proceed to step 2.2 below.

2.2. Right-click on the same icon > select "Delete"

2.3. Then, go back to the File Explorer in step 2.1 > Right-click on the program's EXE file > select "Send to > Desktop (create shortcut)" to generate back the same icon.

2.4. If the issue is resolved, then repeat steps 2.1 to 2.3 until all icons are replaced.

3. If the issue is not resolved, then I'd suggest recreating your User Profile as per below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14039/...

I hope this helps. Let me know how you go. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Paul A.

Independent Advisor

Paul Abayon, Apr 30, 2021
  4. Some Icons On The Desktop Are Smaller Than Others

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

Some Icons On The Desktop Are Smaller Than Others

1. Some Icons On The Desktop Are Smaller Than Others - Similar Threads - Icons Desktop Are

2. Everything on my pc is smaller than usual for some reason?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Everything on my pc is smaller than usual for some reason?: I created a new windows account and many things, such as the browser address search bar is smaller, app options are smaller etc, I already set my recommended resolution and it doesn't fix it...
  3. Some Icons appear smaller than others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Icons appear smaller than others.: Hello,I've been having this issue of having icon image size staying normal and then suddenly one day it decides to shrink or minimize itself.I've searched about it online but nothing fixed it for me.. I know it's not lower quality icons but still it refuses to go full Screen...
  4. Some Icons appear smaller than others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Icons appear smaller than others.: Hello,I've been having this issue of having icon image size staying normal and then suddenly one day it decides to shrink or minimize itself.I've searched about it online but nothing fixed it for me.. I know it's not lower quality icons but still it refuses to go full Screen...
  5. Some Icons appear smaller than others.

6. Desktop Icons appear smaller than others.

Desktop Icons appear smaller than others.: I've been having an issue with some of the icons on my desktop. I don't know why this happens and haven't found anything about it online, but for some reason I can't get some icons to appear "full screen" and they instead look as if they are minimized. You can see below the...
  7. Desktop icon text to the right - and smaller icons than settings allow

Desktop icon text to the right - and smaller icons than settings allow: Hi guys, Is there any way on windows 10 to make the desktop icons appear as do on this macbook. I feel like even the 'small' setting is too big for the desktop, and the text below the icon cuts off part of the icon desciption. I have uploadet a screenshot. Thanks in...
  8. Some logos and games are smaller than normal

Some logos and games are smaller than normal: It's hard to explain, this happened after my laptop got screen repaired -My desktop background is smaller than normal. -In game, everything's normal, but loading screen fonts are way smaller than normal. -When I open up some games, windows are small than what it should be....
  9. Some custom desktop icons turn smaller.

Some custom desktop icons turn smaller.: I don't know why but some of my icons randomly turned smaller. Anyone know how to fix this? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-custom-desktop-icons-turn-smaller/93492c5b-3118-4083-a60e-7e9e58286d26
  10. Desktop display changed. Icons smaller and rearranged

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop display changed. Icons smaller and rearranged: Windows 10 1903 on a laptop. I don't recall doing anything intentionally but suddenly all the icons on my desktop have changed position and are much smaller in size. I checked Display settings and they are unchanged: (see screenshot) How can I restore the display? 139888