Windows 10: some icons show blank generic icon

Discus and support some icons show blank generic icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i have a problem with my windows 10 desktop (1903 built 18362.952) where the icons will be blanked (see the attachement with the red squares) - how do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by amdcrash, Jan 24, 2020.

1. amdcrash Win User

some icons show blank generic icon

i have a problem with my windows 10 desktop (1903 built 18362.952) where the icons will be blanked (see the attachement with the red squares) - how do i reset it? it also appears in file explorer. it does not effect my programs operation however.

:)

amdcrash, Jan 24, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

It's not fixed, today my GPU-Z icon is a blank shortcut icon again..
    And it says GPU-Z.exe does not contain an icon

some icons show blank generic icon gpu-z-blank-icon-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Jan 24, 2020
  3. jackin Win User
    How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

some icons show blank generic icon 67d2b65a-a526-42eb-baec-6b5480451d19?upload=true.jpg

These icons correspond to Windows Explorer, IE and Office 365 programs.

Steps i took to resolve issue, but did not help are:

1. In order to fix generic blank icon issue on taskbar i killed explorer.exe and restarted it but this did not resolve issue.
    2. Ran quick repair on Office 365 & restarted Windows.

jackin, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Flava0ne Win User

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I created an icon a while back to suggest it for replacement with a black PCB.

Flava0ne, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

1. some icons show blank generic icon - Similar Threads - icons show blank

2. some of my icons are blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    some of my icons are blank: my control panel,windows explorer,task manager and others icons are blank and my windows search bar isn't opening some files like cmd,services ext. ext https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-my-icons-are-blank/2e20a2f4-e2ba-45bc-bfc5-47dd318c7269
  3. some of my icons are blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some of my icons are blank: my control panel,windows explorer,task manager and others icons are blank and my windows search bar isn't opening some files like cmd,services ext. ext https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-my-icons-are-blank/2e20a2f4-e2ba-45bc-bfc5-47dd318c7269
  4. some of my icons are blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Generic icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Generic icon: [img] Greetings, I have notepad files on the desktop, but the icons for these are generic (the last file in the picture). Someone else had this problem. They were told to delete a file: %localAppData%\IconCache.db I have deleted the file and rebooted but the icons are...
  6. Generic Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Generic Icons: I needed to update an icon on my desktop. I had saved the new icon in my download folder. I went there to update the icon. Now I can't find the original generic icon folder. Does anyone have its file location? Thank you!...
  7. Some icons blank others not.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some icons blank others not.: [ATTACH] Some of my windows 10 store apps actually have icons, like Neon Abyss, Overcooked! 2, and Minecraft Dungeons. Others such as Clustertruck, Moving Out, and My Friend Pedro have no icon at all. I've tried to run DISM and sfc in command prompt, and neither fixed...
  8. Generic icons showing instead of pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Generic icons showing instead of pictures: I am a Windows 10 user. Some of the icons are not showing pictures on the thumbnails, just a generic icon. Other images are showing. It's a mixture. The correct view options are checked/unchecked and the problem persist on any size icon. Can you help me with this issue?...
  9. Desktop icons are generic icons.

Desktop icons are generic icons.: Desktop icons are generic icons. This has recently occurred on PCs that were upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I've scoured the internet and tried everything I could find with no solution. Thanks...
  10. Desktop icons are generic icons

Desktop icons are generic icons: Desktop icons are generic icons. This has recently occurred on PCs that were upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I've scoured the internet and tried everything I could find with no solution. Thanks...