Windows 10: some icons show blank generic icon

Discus and support some icons show blank generic icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i have a problem with my windows 10 desktop (1903 built 18362.952) where the icons will be blanked (see the attachement with the red squares) - how do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by amdcrash, Jan 24, 2020.

1. amdcrash Win User

some icons show blank generic icon

i have a problem with my windows 10 desktop (1903 built 18362.952) where the icons will be blanked (see the attachement with the red squares) - how do i reset it? it also appears in file explorer. it does not effect my programs operation however.

:)

amdcrash, Jan 24, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

It's not fixed, today my GPU-Z icon is a blank shortcut icon again..
    And it says GPU-Z.exe does not contain an icon

some icons show blank generic icon gpu-z-blank-icon-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Jan 24, 2020
  3. jackin Win User
    How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

some icons show blank generic icon 67d2b65a-a526-42eb-baec-6b5480451d19?upload=true.jpg

These icons correspond to Windows Explorer, IE and Office 365 programs.

Steps i took to resolve issue, but did not help are:

1. In order to fix generic blank icon issue on taskbar i killed explorer.exe and restarted it but this did not resolve issue.
    2. Ran quick repair on Office 365 & restarted Windows.

jackin, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Flava0ne Win User

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I created an icon a while back to suggest it for replacement with a black PCB.

Flava0ne, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

1. some icons show blank generic icon - Similar Threads - icons show blank

2. Generic Taskbar Icons and Blank File Explorer Thumbnails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Generic Taskbar Icons and Blank File Explorer Thumbnails: After randomly restarting my system, not after an update, all the icons on my taskbar except UWP apps were replaced with this generic icon: [ATTACH] Also, all the icons/thumbnails everywhere on File Explorer are completely blank, no matter the size the icons are set to:...
  3. Desktop icons are generic icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons are generic icons.: Desktop icons are generic icons. This has recently occurred on PCs that were upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I've scoured the internet and tried everything I could find with no solution. Thanks...
  4. Desktop icons are generic icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons are generic icons: Desktop icons are generic icons. This has recently occurred on PCs that were upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I've scoured the internet and tried everything I could find with no solution. Thanks...
  5. Devices and Printers Show Only Generic Icons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices and Printers Show Only Generic Icons: Accessing Devices and Printers in Control Panel does not show enhanced icons for my mouse and my printer at all. However, when refreshing the Devices and Printers window, each tiny clock stalls on some devices, meaning 'Device set up in progress'. This happens after...
  6. Generic image icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Generic image icon: Dunno what I did... but in the past two days I'm getting generic icon for both image extension jpg and png... was this corrupted? What can I do to get this back on my desktop or in my folders? BTW, I looked up the tutorials and find that I don't have IconCache in my...
  7. Some Icons not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Icons not showing on taskbar: I am running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 - Build 18362. Since the last 2 Windows update some icons are not showing when pinning to the task bar or when programs are open. So far the programs not showing an icon but just a white line at the bottom of the taskbar are Edge,...
  8. Icons blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons blank: Hello, This started happening after about 10 months of using Windows 10. When I click on the start menu, some icons populate and some are blank. If I hover over them, I get a dialog box of what each icon is for. Any suggestions on how to stop this? Thank you [img] 124259
  9. Windows Applications Some Icons Shows Blank In TaskBar and Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Applications Some Icons Shows Blank In TaskBar and Search: Hi All, I have tried all of the solutions provided here and elsewhere, none of them seems to make it work. I don't know what triggers its corruption, but i am not able to reset neither fix this app icons this implies to STORE/SETTINGS/MAIL icons. Please find screenshot...
  10. Want jpg icons to show image thumbnails instead of generic icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Want jpg icons to show image thumbnails instead of generic icons: Hi: Since updating to Windows 10, whenever I open file folders to view jpgs, the files' thumbnails are a generic blue mountain icon instead of thumbnails of the images themselves. How do I get the icons to go back to being thumbnail images again? Is there a command or menu...