Windows 10: Some icons shrink

Discus and support Some icons shrink in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've had this problem for years and just haven't bothered to ask why but I really would like an answer. Icons of the same size, same folder made by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kimkat1, Jul 17, 2019.

1. kimkat1 Win User

Some icons shrink

I've had this problem for years and just haven't bothered to ask why but I really would like an answer. Icons of the same size, same folder made by same program will be on my desktop then a couple of them will shrink. Never all of them. I have to change the icon then it's okay. Then after a day or so a different icon will shrink. This has happened on every version of windows in the last 10 years.

:)

kimkat1, Jul 17, 2019

2. AMD to Give 20 nm Optical Shrinks to Console SoCs First

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_specifications

Scroll down to list of revisions. Die shrinks are not consumer relevant with consoles. They bring no performance changes because consistency is the entire point of them. Unless you're batshit crazy Nintendo that is, then you get the "new 3DS" half step BS.

LAN_deRf_HA, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Some icons shrink

Screen Shrinking

Hi Tracey,

In order to help you with your concern about the screen of your computer which is constantly shrinking, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the version and build of your Windows 10? To know these information, use the following steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • Check for the Windows Build and Version.

(Click this link should you need to update your device and to access the Windows 10 update history as well.)

• Aside from updating the drivers, what other troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? This is for us to avoid redundancy.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Some icons shrink

1. Some icons shrink - Similar Threads - icons shrink

2. Win10: Is there any way of shrinking the size of the enormous icons on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10: Is there any way of shrinking the size of the enormous icons on the desktop?: In Win7 you would right click the desktop to control how things looked. But this is Win10, Land of the Insane. Is there any way of controlling how much space these things waste?To anyone thinking of upgrading to Win10 from Win7: I would highly recommend against it. Most of us...
  3. Win10: Is there any way of shrinking the size of the enormous icons on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10: Is there any way of shrinking the size of the enormous icons on the desktop?: In Win7 you would right click the desktop to control how things looked. But this is Win10, Land of the Insane. Is there any way of controlling how much space these things waste?To anyone thinking of upgrading to Win10 from Win7: I would highly recommend against it. Most of us...
  4. Win10: Is there any way of shrinking the size of the enormous icons on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 shrink all Gaming Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shrink all Gaming Icons: Hello everyone.I hope there is a Windows expert out there who can help with the following problem described below.Lately I've noticed that all my games have shrunken internal icon images:I have already googled this issue but didn't find any working solution.It is not related...
  6. Windows 11 shrink all Gaming Icons

Windows 11 shrink all Gaming Icons: Hello everyone.I hope there is a Windows expert out there who can help with the following problem described below.Lately I've noticed that all my games have shrunken internal icon images:I have already googled this issue but didn't find any working solution.It is not related...
  7. Large icon shrinks when altered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large icon shrinks when altered: I just changed the size of the icons on my desktop, but I noticed that when something is put into the recycling bin, it shrinks back down to a smaller size.Anyone know how to fix this? It's kinda really aggravating....
  8. Large icon shrinks when altered

Large icon shrinks when altered: I just changed the size of the icons on my desktop, but I noticed that when something is put into the recycling bin, it shrinks back down to a smaller size.Anyone know how to fix this? It's kinda really aggravating....
  9. Large icon shrinks when altered

10. Start Menu icons and text shrinks for no reason.

Start Menu icons and text shrinks for no reason.: Hi all, since an update earlier today, my Start Menu has decided to resize the icons and shrink down the fonts to almost for me unreadable size. I have tried a fix that I found on here and it did work for about half an hour then it went back to its current state. Another...