Windows 10: Some IMEs that I have never been added appears in my IME selection menu

Discus and support Some IMEs that I have never been added appears in my IME selection menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have added English UK, Chinese Traditional, HKSAR and Japanese language in my Windows Settings as shown below [ATTACH] And for these languages I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZhanhoShing, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Some IMEs that I have never been added appears in my IME selection menu

I have added English UK, Chinese Traditional, HKSAR and Japanese language in my Windows Settings as shown below

Some IMEs that I have never been added appears in my IME selection menu b07fc206-3b7a-4c24-9641-8c4aea1809c9?upload=true.png

And for these languages I added US INTL, Chinese ChangJie, Chinese Bopomofo and Japanese, four IMEs. When I launch Windows as usual, those 4 IMEs will appear in the selection menu Windows Key + Space correctly. But after some time, some IMEs that I have never been added will also appear in the IMEs Selection Menu the following IMEs with blue rectangles:

Some IMEs that I have never been added appears in my IME selection menu 8381321d-f76c-4d4a-b590-af837619fb7f?upload=true.png

And in the Settings App I can't find those IMEs so they can't be removed. After a restart everything goes normally and again this problem occurs within some time. It is really annoying to have so many similar IMEs in my computer, how can I stop them from showing automatically?

:)

ZhanhoShing, Mar 27, 2020
  2. newnews Win User

IME selection menu slow popup

Hi,

While long pressed IME icon in the middle of bottom bar, the IME selection menu takes more than 10 second to show up. Besides RAM/CPU, how to improve it? WM6.5.3

Thanks

Ken

newnews, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Japanese IME - How to have menus in English?

The default display language for the Microsoft IME is "Automatic", and occasionally it decides for whatever reason to change from English to Japanese or vice versa.
    At any rate, you can correct the issue without removing any language packs via the following steps. I'm going to assume that your Windows display language is in English, but your IME is set to display in Japanese.

1. Navigate thus: Control Panel -> Region & Language -> Keyboards &
      Languages -> Change Keyboards
    2. Highlight "Microsoft IME" under the Japanese (Japan) keyboard section of the "Installed services" list
    3. Select "Properties"
    4. Under the ""全股" tab, you will see an option at the bottom "メニューおよびダイアログで使用する言語" which is the IME display language option. Change this to "英語" (English) and save your changes (the buttons are in the same order as they are in the English UI, "Okay", "Cancel", "Apply", and "Help".

The next time you reopen the IME in the language bar, it should display in English.

Vector Gorgoth, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Some IMEs that I have never been added appears in my IME selection menu

Japanese IME

Hi Miru,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    2. What is the version of Windows 10 that you are using?

You may try the below suggested steps.
    Method 1. Remove the language pack

Step 1. Select the Start button, go to
    Settings > Time & Language > Region & language.

Step 2. Select the preferred language pack > Click on Remove.

Method 2: Re-adding the Language pack

Step 1. Select the Start button, go to
    Settings > Time & Language > Region & language.

Step 2: Click on Add a Language >Select the
    Language (Japanese).

Step 3: Click on Set as default.
    The default language will be the first language in your language list.

Step 4: If you click on Options button, you will see the following panel open up. Here you can download
    Language packs and add Keyboards and check the working of Japanese IME.

Method 3: Restore from a System restore point

You may refer the section
    Restore from a System restore point

if the method 1 fails.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Some IMEs that I have never been added appears in my IME selection menu

1. Some IMEs that I have never been added appears in my IME selection menu - Similar Threads - IMEs never been

2. Windows not selecting Japnese IME when I have it installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not selecting Japnese IME when I have it installed: I've installed everything I needed for the japanese IME keyboard, but when I press alt shift or windows space, it looks like it's trying to change, but doesn't actually change to the japanese IME. I've tried installing the google IME, didn't work. I've tried it with different...
  3. Windows not selecting Japnese IME when I have it installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not selecting Japnese IME when I have it installed: I've installed everything I needed for the japanese IME keyboard, but when I press alt shift or windows space, it looks like it's trying to change, but doesn't actually change to the japanese IME. I've tried installing the google IME, didn't work. I've tried it with different...
  4. IME Reconversion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IME Reconversion: Microsoft states in its shortcut list that there is a thing called IME reconversion when you press the windows key with the slash key, what does this mean and is it dangerous?...
  5. IME Reconversion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IME Reconversion: Microsoft states in its shortcut list that there is a thing called IME reconversion when you press the windows key with the slash key, what does this mean and is it dangerous?...
  6. Japanese IME, characters selection not available

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME, characters selection not available: Hello, Using Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, IME for Japanese doesn't show the "characters selection" for Hiragana, Katakana, Romaji... [ATTACH] The result of that is that I can't use Japanese on that computer. Why is that? I have already desinstalled, reinstalled... no...
  7. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Ever since the windows 10 2004 update and with the changes of the IME; the usual toggle keys that I used to use to change between hiragana and katakana and romaji have stopped working, have the toggle keys changed? or do toggles don't work anymore?...
  8. Japanese IME "A" is not appearing

Japanese IME "A" is not appearing: I wanted to try to type in hiragana by using the Japanese keyboard, but I don't seem to be able to switch to typing in characters. The "A" symbol is missing and even when using a shortcut to switch it to hiragana, it doesn't work. I searched to see if there was another post...
  9. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: In the language bar, I cannot select 'Hiragana' or 'Katakana' in "Input Mode". Only 'Half-width alphanumeric' is available. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/d654e92e-7b1b-404b-83b9-77d9e6124c06
  10. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: When I install Japanese Keyboard I have "Japanese IME is not ready yet". It is more than an hour now. Just in term of comparaison: Mac OS 1mn, Android 1mn, Windows forever... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/26d989e7-6127-49ff-907a-5b8233c2a84a