Windows 10: Some important event viewer logs completely cleared. No clue why

Discus and support Some important event viewer logs completely cleared. No clue why in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There was either a power loss, or a system restart this morning, around 11:30-ish eastern. (I'm not sure which) When I got to my computer at almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jasoncollege24, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Some important event viewer logs completely cleared. No clue why

There was either a power loss, or a system restart this morning, around 11:30-ish eastern. (I'm not sure which) When I got to my computer at almost 1:30p, it was sitting on the lock screen. I logged in, and my apps started. Out of curiosity, I checked the event viewer, looking for the real reason, and found that two logs were completely cleared Application, and System logs were completely cleared. New log entries begin at the time I logged in. The reason for the restart isn't important. What bothers me is that these logs have been cleared, and I didn't clear them. What I've tried: * chkdsk on drive C (No issues) * sfc /scannow (No issues) * Antivirus scan (Comodo, no issues) * Malware scan (Malwarebytes, no issues) * Checked startup tab in task manager (No new apps) * Checked processes tab in Task manager (No unrecognized apps) * Checked Add/Remove in Control Panel (No unrecognized apps) * Checked update history (No Windows updates installed in the last week) At this point, I'm at a loss of what to check, so any ideas would be really helpful. If you need more info, just ask.

:)

jasoncollege24, Jun 7, 2021
  2. JohnBurns Win User

Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows  

FWIW CCleaner will clear the Event Viewer Logs - just check the box under Windows>Advanced>Windows Events Logs. run CCleaner and it's that simple. Much faster than most ,bat files I've tried. Just a suggestion.

JohnBurns, Jun 7, 2021
  3. Clearing Administrative Events Log in Windows10

How To Clear Administrative Events Log

The Administrative Events log (listed under Custom Views) in the Event Viewer is a Filter that contains all of the event from the System, Security and Application event logs.

You can either clear these individual logs, or use the instructions below to clear all the event logs.

To Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

cmd shell solution:

PowerShell solution:

Source How to Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

To Clear Individual Event Viewer Logs in Event Viewer

Source How to Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

DavidPostill, Jun 7, 2021
  4. Cliff S Win User

Some important event viewer logs completely cleared. No clue why

Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

For Windows logs and Application and Services logs, there is also the manual way to clear specific logs(only these 2 sections, custom views can be Deleted and lost, but not Cleared for example:

Some important event viewer logs completely cleared. No clue why [​IMG]

Some important event viewer logs completely cleared. No clue why [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

Some important event viewer logs completely cleared. No clue why

1. Some important event viewer logs completely cleared. No clue why - Similar Threads - important event viewer

2. Event viewer clear logs without administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer clear logs without administrator privileges: Dear Microsoft Team,I have a windows 11 laptop. When I am logged with a non-admin user, I cannot clear logs. Is there a possibility to permit this non-admin user to clear logs in Event Viewer?Regards....
  3. Event viewer clear logs without administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event viewer clear logs without administrator privileges: Dear Microsoft Team,I have a windows 11 laptop. When I am logged with a non-admin user, I cannot clear logs. Is there a possibility to permit this non-admin user to clear logs in Event Viewer?Regards....
  4. WINDOWS updates-clears- all recent event viewer logs """" WHY """" ??? -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS updates-clears- all recent event viewer logs """" WHY """" ??? -: Recently I installed a few Windows Updates. IT CLEARED all prior Event Viewer Logs. WHY? I do not recall it doing this in past what gives? Why would this be beneficial to remove and or replace any or all prior events in Event Viewer? What purpose does this solve other...
  5. Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script: I created a PowerShell script saved as a .ps1 file, which is stated below. Whenever I run it, it says "Access is denied" and does not clean Event Viewer logs. Please take a look at the attached screenshots and let me know what I am doing wrong. By the way, whenever I run the...
  6. Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script: I created a PowerShell script saved as a .ps1 file, which is stated below. Whenever I run it, it says "Access is denied" and does not clean Event Viewer logs. Please take a look at the attached screenshots and let me know what I am doing wrong. By the way, whenever I run the...
  7. Event Viewer Logs

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Logs: I’m currently on Win10 Pro x64, version 1709, Build 16299.371. Searching in my Event Viewer, I noticed some logs under the “Applications and Services Logs” folder, which I don’t recall having previously (pointed with red arrow, in the image) and are all inactive! Can...
  8. Clear Event Viewer Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    Clear Event Viewer Scheduler?: Could someone make the "Clear All Event Viewer Logs using a BAT file" self starting such as making it run automatically on a daily basis or show me what code I would need to add to it to do that for me. I would just love to clear out the 10016s and 7031s codes daily. Thanks...
  9. Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows: How to: Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows How to Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows Event Viewer is a tool that displays detailed information as event logs about significant events on your PC. Event logs are special files that record...
  10. Clearing event viewer entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Clearing event viewer entries: How can I construct a .bat file to clear entries in the event viewer. Thanks 12367