Windows 10: Some key combinations on my keyboard work, while others don't

Discus and support Some key combinations on my keyboard work, while others don't in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having this weird problem with my keyboard. Just as an example, if I hold left shift and the up and left arrow keys, the spacebar doesn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aeterna Sol, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Some key combinations on my keyboard work, while others don't

I'm having this weird problem with my keyboard. Just as an example, if I hold left shift and the up and left arrow keys, the spacebar doesn't work. However, if I'm pressing the right arrow key instead of the left one, suddenly it functions as normal. This example in particular is the one that's a problem, because I need to be able to perform that combination on a regular basis in a game I've been playing. I've got no clue what's wrong, but I have tried using the same combination in both a keyboard tester thing and on a chatting app, and I'm still unable to use the space bar when I'm pressing l

:)

Aeterna Sol, Jun 27, 2022
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Key combinations not working

Thanks for following up. In here, you can find the list of all the keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10. Check it out and
    see which key combinations are still working on Windows 10, and which are not.

We also tested on our end and only the Alt + F and Alt + P are working fine, and this is on a PC that is on the Fall Creators Update. May we suggest that you update your operating system to 1709 and see if the key combinations will work.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Shift+4 key combination not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Do the other combination with shift key are working?
    • Did you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to update your keyboard drivers and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Click on Keyboards.
    • Right-click on the Keyboards and click on
      Update driver software.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 27, 2022
  4. Some key combinations on my keyboard work, while others don't

Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

Some key combinations on my keyboard work, while others don't

1. Some key combinations on my keyboard work, while others don't - Similar Threads - key combinations keyboard

2. Some keys don't work on built-in keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys don't work on built-in keyboard: Hello there!I am facing an issue since I installed Linux Ubuntu also called Ubuntu Desktop beside Windows, especially Windows 11, this issue just happened immediately after installing Ubuntu along with Windows 11 Windows was pre-installed with the laptop, I had Windows and I...
  3. Some key combinations on my keyboard work, while others don't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some key combinations on my keyboard work, while others don't: I'm having this weird problem with my keyboard. Just as an example, if I hold left shift and the up and left arrow keys, the spacebar doesn't work. However, if I'm pressing the right arrow key instead of the left one, suddenly it functions as normal. This example in...
  4. Some key combinations on my keyboard work, while others don't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some key combinations on my keyboard work, while others don't: I'm having this weird problem with my keyboard. Just as an example, if I hold left shift and the up and left arrow keys, the spacebar doesn't work. However, if I'm pressing the right arrow key instead of the left one, suddenly it functions as normal. This example in...
  5. Some keyboard keys don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keyboard keys don't work: Hi again!I needed to create a new account since I couldn't manage to login with the previous one.Anyhow.My laptop is a Lenovo 330-15ARR. It's some time that the following problem happens:These keys don't work all the time: 4 5 R T F G V B. Others are fine.When they don't work...
  6. Some keyboard keys don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keyboard keys don't work: Hi again!I needed to create a new account since I couldn't manage to login with the previous one.Anyhow.My laptop is a Lenovo 330-15ARR. It's some time that the following problem happens:These keys don't work all the time: 4 5 R T F G V B. Others are fine.When they don't work...
  7. Some keyboard keys don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Some Keyboard keys and combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some Keyboard keys and combinations not working.: Hello, Recently I have started facing this issue in my laptop. The Device Manager shows 2 HID Keyboard Devices and 1 HID Compliant mouse. I don't connect external usb keyboard or mouse frequently. But now, the issue is that, my Function keys F1-F12 are working individually....
  9. Keyboard keys combination not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard keys combination not working: Laptop Keyboard keys combination wasn't working, so I did reset. After reset, keyboard started working fine. But today some keys combination again stopped working. I tried driver reinstallation, but didn't work. Also tried keyboard replacement, still the same. Please help me....
  10. New HP Laptop - Some Keyboard combinations don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    New HP Laptop - Some Keyboard combinations don't work: Hello, Just bought a new HP Laptop. It appears some KeyBoard Combinations do not work. I am used to using the Fn and the +/- to increase/decrease the volume and the Fn with Left/Right keys to increase/decrease the brightness. II used these keys all the time. Also, I used...