Windows 10: Some key combinations stopped working

Discus and support Some key combinations stopped working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Keyboard is the default Asus X555 laptop keyboard. Running Windows 10 pro 64bit Recently, some keys in my keyboard stopped working while another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dimuth Attampola, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Some key combinations stopped working

Keyboard is the default Asus X555 laptop keyboard.

Running Windows 10 pro 64bit

Recently, some keys in my keyboard stopped working while another key is pressed.

For example,

while pressing key 'A' the key 'Q' is not working but when key 'Q' is pressed alone it works.

while pressing key 'D' the key 'E' is not working but when key 'E' is pressed alone it works.

while pressing key 'A' the key 'W' works

while pressing 'shift' , 'space bar' does not work, but any other key do works with 'shift'

Like wise there are keys that works with others and some don't.

Where could be the problem?

Could this be a hardware issue?

I apologize for not being word-perfect in English.

:)

Dimuth Attampola, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Key combinations not working

Thanks for following up. In here, you can find the list of all the keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10. Check it out and
    see which key combinations are still working on Windows 10, and which are not.

We also tested on our end and only the Alt + F and Alt + P are working fine, and this is on a PC that is on the Fall Creators Update. May we suggest that you update your operating system to 1709 and see if the key combinations will work.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Shift+4 key combination not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Do the other combination with shift key are working?
    • Did you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to update your keyboard drivers and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Click on Keyboards.
    • Right-click on the Keyboards and click on
      Update driver software.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Liveeeez Win User

Some key combinations stopped working

Key combinations not working

Yes it is supposed to work, but the combination of keys I listed are completely unresponsive. When I physically click the 'View' tab, then try to use the Alt+P combination, I get a windows noise and nothing happens.

So while I have the View menu already open, I get a sound. But in ALL other circumstances across all applications or none at all, those combinations simply don't recognise as being pressed.

If I could upload a video to show you, I would.

Liveeeez, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Some key combinations stopped working

1. Some key combinations stopped working - Similar Threads - key combinations stopped

2. Multiple Keys stopped working but do work when combined

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Keys stopped working but do work when combined: Multiple keys of my laptop keyboard have suddently stopped working see the rebel keys on the 1st pic.Amongst the faulty keys : NUMPAD 1, 2, 3. They are not detected by keyboard tester. But pressing Win+Numpad 2+Numpad 3 results to the caracter "7". I have :- restored the...
  3. Multiple Keys stopped working but do work when combined

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Keys stopped working but do work when combined: Multiple keys of my laptop keyboard have suddently stopped working see the rebel keys on the 1st pic.Amongst the faulty keys : NUMPAD 1, 2, 3. They are not detected by keyboard tester. But pressing Win+Numpad 2+Numpad 3 results to the caracter "7". I have :- restored the...
  4. AltGr Combinations stopped working

AltGr Combinations stopped working: AltGr combinations for US INTL Keyboards stopped workingand i can't do the German ö in any application since a recent update some months agoSpecifically, all the following combinations stopped working on US INTL Keyboard Layout and probably all other keyboard layouts as they...
  5. ALT Combinations key for some combinations doesnt work for me in WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT Combinations key for some combinations doesnt work for me in WINDOWS 11: My ALT + Q , ALT + W , ALT + A , ALT + S , ALT + Z doesnt seem to work in windows 11, i have tried using my keyboard on another pc testing those combination and it works so clearly its not my keyboard, can anyone please help me with this problem ?, is there any default...
  6. ALT Combinations key for some combinations doesnt work for me in WINDOWS 11

ALT Combinations key for some combinations doesnt work for me in WINDOWS 11: My ALT + Q , ALT + W , ALT + A , ALT + S , ALT + Z doesnt seem to work in windows 11, i have tried using my keyboard on another pc testing those combination and it works so clearly its not my keyboard, can anyone please help me with this problem ?, is there any default...
  7. Some Keyboard keys and combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some Keyboard keys and combinations not working.: Hello, Recently I have started facing this issue in my laptop. The Device Manager shows 2 HID Keyboard Devices and 1 HID Compliant mouse. I don't connect external usb keyboard or mouse frequently. But now, the issue is that, my Function keys F1-F12 are working individually....
  8. Some Shift key combinations stopped functioning

Some Shift key combinations stopped functioning: Hello everyone, I have a problem that has been bothering me for long enough, and I need some help. I've tried everything and searched the web to fix this at 100% with no success. A week or 2 ago, I noticied that my 'Windows' Key wasn't responding, and same thing with the...
  9. Some keys only work when pressed in combination with Fn key

Some keys only work when pressed in combination with Fn key: Hello everyone, I have a strange issue with my keyboard and I can't seem to find other posts about it. When I press specific keys (L, down arrow, 9 on numpad), they sometimes are not recognized. For minutes at a time, I cannot press them on their own (issue is present in...
  10. (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.: As said in the title, some Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations don't work in my system (kind of, actually). In Notepad++, the 'Save All' keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+S) doesn't work. In Visual Studio 2017, the 'Open Project/Solution...' (Ctrl+Shift+O) doesn't work either, the...