Windows 10: Some keyboard keys stop working sometimes

Discus and support Some keyboard keys stop working sometimes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, so my issue is that some of the keys on my keyboard which are six, five, volume up same button as f2, mute same button as f1, Control, and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Manuel Akka, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Some keyboard keys stop working sometimes

Hi, so my issue is that some of the keys on my keyboard which are six, five, volume up same button as f2, mute same button as f1, Control, and the squiggly one don't work when I press them. Sometimes they will work, and when one of them does, usually all of them start to. Likewise, when one of them stops working, the others stop too. Sometimes they'll start working for a few seconds when I keep pressing them. I tried physically cleaning them, running a diagnosis, updating my computer, and deleting, reinstalling, and updating all the keyboard drivers from the device manager. Idk what the problem is and we can't take this laptop to a shop right now. The laptop is a windows dell laptop and this problem has continued for about 3 months, soo is there anything I can try until we can take it to a repair shop? Btw these keys work on the on-screen keyboard. Thanks for the help!!

:)

Manuel Akka, Dec 23, 2020
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

random keyboard keys stop working?

i went out today and everything was fine, i come home and three random keys stopped working, maybe more i havent noticed yet. the three key on the left side of the keyboard not working, the left shift stopped working, and the enter key stopped working, but the one on the numpad works fine. no one was home to use it, nothing spilled on it, i tried it on another computer and same deal. im gonna go buy a new one tomorrow but it makes me sad cause i loved this keyboard lol, microsoft ergonomic 4000. ill probably buy the same exact one if its in stock tomorrow, this one lasted or 4 years about. im just confused why three random keys spread out stopped working at the same time...seems very weird

OrbitzXT, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Some keyboard keys stop working sometimes

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Some keyboard keys stop working sometimes

1. Some keyboard keys stop working sometimes - Similar Threads - keyboard keys stop

2. Some keys on keyboard not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys on keyboard not working.: The keys `,1, tab, a, z are not working on my keyboard. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S145 Windows 11. Keyboard driver has already been updated. Sometimes it works and most of the time it doesn't. It has been happening for almost a month now. I need help....
  3. Some keyboard keys stop working randomly on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keyboard keys stop working randomly on windows: I have Dell inspiron 7577 laptop which was working without issues.. a few months ago some keyboard keys numpad 1,4,5,7 have stopped working completely..And yesterday keys F12 and numpad / also stopped.. I thought there was some problem with the hardware.. but today I booted a...
  4. Some keyboard keys stop working randomly on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keyboard keys stop working randomly on windows: I have Dell inspiron 7577 laptop which was working without issues.. a few months ago some keyboard keys numpad 1,4,5,7 have stopped working completely..And yesterday keys F12 and numpad / also stopped.. I thought there was some problem with the hardware.. but today I booted a...
  5. Some keys on my keyboard stops working and then works normally.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys on my keyboard stops working and then works normally.: Hello,I have an Inspiron 15 5570, and since like 1 month some keys doesn't work for a bit of time and then it works just fine, especially the keys at the bottom of the keyboard c, v, b, n, space bar, arrows, number pad.... I reinstalled the keyboard drivers, without success....
  6. MSI GS65 Keyboard some keys stopped working.

MSI GS65 Keyboard some keys stopped working.: Hello Everyone,My Laptop MSI GS65 Stealth Thin 8RF builtin keyboard stopped working.I tried to re-install windows for few times but the problem doesn't fix.I found the similar post:Webcam driver completely removed since last update 2020 in MSI laptop - Microsoft...
  7. Some keys on my keyboard stopped working

Some keys on my keyboard stopped working: A few keys C, N, alt, space, backspace, etc. stopped working and at first i thought it might just be a broken keyboard so i bought a new one but the problem happened again. I managed to fix it for a day by updating my pc but then a day later the problem starts happening...
  8. Some keyboard keys not working

Some keyboard keys not working: I have a hp laptop and everything is fine with it. But one-day certain keys stopped working and I have had to use the on-screen keyboard which is quite inconvenient. The keys are : T, Y, Tab, F3, F6, F10, and Ctrl, and possibly others I have not discovered yet. The laptop has...
  9. Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working!

Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working!: Hi there, Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working on my laptop 2 days ago and I couldn't fix it and currently writing this post using on-screen keyboard. I've tried the following and it didn't work: Troubleshooter. Updating, uninstalling, drivers and even downloaded...
  10. Keyboard sometimes stops working randomly

Keyboard sometimes stops working randomly: Keyboard is a Gigabyte Force K85. I have a problem that the keyboard sometimes stops responding to keystrokes, I don't know if this is a driver issue or a issue with the keyboard. At first I thought it only happened when I didn't use the keyboard for a while, happened 2...