Windows 10: Some Keyboard Shortcut Combinations is not Working

Discus and support Some Keyboard Shortcut Combinations is not Working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good day! I updated my laptop to the latest build of Windows 10. I noticed that some of the keyboard combinations are not working ( RShift+Left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JucelJipos, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Some Keyboard Shortcut Combinations is not Working

Good day!

I updated my laptop to the latest build of Windows 10.

I noticed that some of the keyboard combinations are not working ( RShift+Left Arrow, RCTRL+RShift+Left/Right Arrow ).

It will work if I use LShift/RShift+Right Arrow and LCTRL+LShift/RShift+Right Arrow.
    RShift and RCTRL are still working if used for other functions like RCTRL+A etc.. and RShift for uppercases.

Can someone help me solve this problem?

:)

JucelJipos, Apr 14, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Microsoft Wireless Combination Keyboard & Shortcut Keys

Hi,

A keyboard shortcut key or combination of keys providing quick access to a particular function within a computer program. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Did you get any error messages when you try those keyboard shortcuts?
    • Does this happen only to Microsoft keyboard?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Key combinations not working

Thanks for following up. In here, you can find the list of all the keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10. Check it out and
    see which key combinations are still working on Windows 10, and which are not.

We also tested on our end and only the Alt + F and Alt + P are working fine, and this is on a PC that is on the Fall Creators Update. May we suggest that you update your operating system to 1709 and see if the key combinations will work.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Some Keyboard Shortcut Combinations is not Working

How to change the default keyboard layout shortcut.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that presently you may change the default keyboard layout by pressing
    Windows key + space and I would like to inform you that it is not possible to change the keyboard shortcut for the keyboard layout.

• If you would like to create shortcut for the applications, please follow the below steps:
    • Right click on the application and select properties.
    • Enter a key combination in the Shortcut key field. The combination must be CTRL + ALT + a letter / number.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Some Keyboard Shortcut Combinations is not Working

1. Some Keyboard Shortcut Combinations is not Working - Similar Threads - Keyboard Shortcut Combinations

2. Some key combinations on my keyboard work, while others don't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some key combinations on my keyboard work, while others don't: I'm having this weird problem with my keyboard. Just as an example, if I hold left shift and the up and left arrow keys, the spacebar doesn't work. However, if I'm pressing the right arrow key instead of the left one, suddenly it functions as normal. This example in...
  3. Some key combinations on my keyboard work, while others don't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some key combinations on my keyboard work, while others don't: I'm having this weird problem with my keyboard. Just as an example, if I hold left shift and the up and left arrow keys, the spacebar doesn't work. However, if I'm pressing the right arrow key instead of the left one, suddenly it functions as normal. This example in...
  4. Some key combinations on my keyboard work, while others don't

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard: some Shift- combinations do not work from time to time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard: some Shift- combinations do not work from time to time: When using SHIFT to type !, @, #, $, or they sometimes do not work. A while later, they may work for a short time. Sometimes the problem does not show up for days. Steps taken so far:The device manager shows no issues. Test programs found nothing or suggest it may be a...
  6. Keyboard: some Shift- combinations do not work from time to time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard: some Shift- combinations do not work from time to time: When using SHIFT to type !, @, #, $, or they sometimes do not work. A while later, they may work for a short time. Sometimes the problem does not show up for days. Steps taken so far:The device manager shows no issues. Test programs found nothing or suggest it may be a...
  7. Some Keyboard keys and combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some Keyboard keys and combinations not working.: Hello, Recently I have started facing this issue in my laptop. The Device Manager shows 2 HID Keyboard Devices and 1 HID Compliant mouse. I don't connect external usb keyboard or mouse frequently. But now, the issue is that, my Function keys F1-F12 are working individually....
  8. Keyboard keys combination not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard keys combination not working: Laptop Keyboard keys combination wasn't working, so I did reset. After reset, keyboard started working fine. But today some keys combination again stopped working. I tried driver reinstallation, but didn't work. Also tried keyboard replacement, still the same. Please help me....
  9. New HP Laptop - Some Keyboard combinations don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    New HP Laptop - Some Keyboard combinations don't work: Hello, Just bought a new HP Laptop. It appears some KeyBoard Combinations do not work. I am used to using the Fn and the +/- to increase/decrease the volume and the Fn with Left/Right keys to increase/decrease the brightness. II used these keys all the time. Also, I used...
  10. Some keyboard shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Some keyboard shortcuts not working: I have a new Windows 10 desktop machine & like to use keyboard shortcuts to launch programs & folders. Some of them work & some don't. Some work some of the time. I saw some old threads on this, & tried some of their suggestions, like disabling Services/Superfetch & some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WIN CTRL Q key doesnt work to open quick assist

2. f combinations doesnt work on windows10

3. visual studio 2017 keyboard shortcut keys doesnt work in my laptop