Windows 10: some keyboard shortcuts (ctrl + z,x,c,v) not working

Discus and support some keyboard shortcuts (ctrl + z,x,c,v) not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello, last month out of no where my system started facing sticky ctrl key ( specifically right). somehow I managed to disable it but shortcuts like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AakarshModi, Oct 30, 2019.

1. some keyboard shortcuts (ctrl + z,x,c,v) not working

hello,

last month out of no where my system started facing sticky ctrl key ( specifically right). somehow I managed to disable it but shortcuts like ctrl + c,z,x,v stopped working when I press the other ctrl key. I have now done a rest to installed windows 10 drive as well as tried to uninstall and reinstall keyboard drivers from device manager. I don't have sticky key issue anymore but now I cant use ctrl+c,z,x,v though ctrl + a,b, etc works fine.

please help …. never thought copy paste shortcuts are this much useful until I faced this issue.

:)

AakarshModi, Oct 30, 2019
  2. Aakash7 Win User

ctrl+ z(,x,c and v) not working

I am usinfg windows 10 and i dont remember when and why it started but now i am not able to use only the following keyboard shortcuts ctrl+ z(,x,c and v),.

rest are working fine like ctrl+b,ctrl+i , in word

these shortcuts --ctrl+ z(,x,c and v) - are working fien with sticky keys switched on...

ctrl+n --working fine in chrome

I tried with both -left and right..ctrl keys ..but not succesfull!!!!!!!

Anyone please help ASAP!!!

Aakash7, Oct 30, 2019
  3. CTRL+C/X/V Not working some keyboard shortcuts (ctrl + z,x,c,v) not  working :(

Hi, I hope someone can help me out.

A few days ago, some of my keyboard shortcuts stopped working for me. As far as I know, the only shortcuts that refuse to work with me are:

• ctrl + c
    • ctrl + x
    • ctrl + v
    • ctrl + z
    • ctrl + t (this one used to work until literally just now while I was testing it)
    I don't think that this is a hardware issue because (oddly enough), the following keyboard shortcuts DO work.

• ctrl + w
    • ctrl + n
    • ctrl + p
    • ctrl + d
    I have already uninstalled my keyboard drivers and restarted my computer several times.

This problem affects me across Firefox, Chrome, Line...

The only thing of note that happened to me before this started happening is that Firefox updated and kicked my old data into a folder on my desktop.

I desperately hope that someone can help me out; my googling so far has been fruitless.

I am using an HP ENVY 15 Laptop...

vectorsmash, Oct 30, 2019
  4. ZaidAmin Win User

some keyboard shortcuts (ctrl + z,x,c,v) not working

Keyboard z, x, and ctrl issue

Z, X, and Ctrl don't work unless I'm pressing another key. Ctrl won't work unless I press the key twice.

For example I have to do Ctrl + C twice in attempting to copy something. It writes c the first time and then copies anything if possible.

Ctrl + v won't paste unless you press it multiple times. Otherwise, typing v works fine

I can't type z or x just by pressing them alone. I have to type them by pressing multiple keys at a time like z + a or z + shift

ZaidAmin, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

some keyboard shortcuts (ctrl + z,x,c,v) not working

1. some keyboard shortcuts (ctrl + z,x,c,v) not working - Similar Threads - keyboard shortcuts ctrl

2. Why do keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V not work in this Community.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V not work in this Community.: Why do keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V not work in this Community. I use shortcuts a lot but they don't work for me in this Community. Do I have to change some settings or is copying and pasting not permitted. If that's the case how can I "Paste the error message"....
  3. Why do keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V not work in this Community.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V not work in this Community.: Why do keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V not work in this Community. I use shortcuts a lot but they don't work for me in this Community. Do I have to change some settings or is copying and pasting not permitted. If that's the case how can I "Paste the error message"....
  4. z,x &ctrl keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    z,x &ctrl keys not working: Z, X, and Ctrl don't work unless I'm pressing another key. Ctrl won't work unless I press the key twice.For example I have to do Ctrl + C twice in attempting to copy something. It writes c the first time and then copies anything if possible.Ctrl + v won't paste unless you...
  5. z,x & ctrl Keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    z,x & ctrl Keys not working: Z, X, and Ctrl don't work unless I'm pressing another key. Ctrl won't work unless I press the key twice.For example I have to do Ctrl + C twice in attempting to copy something. It writes c the first time and then copies anything if possible.Ctrl + v won't paste unless you...
  6. z,x &ctrl keys not working

z,x &ctrl keys not working: Z, X, and Ctrl don't work unless I'm pressing another key. Ctrl won't work unless I press the key twice.For example I have to do Ctrl + C twice in attempting to copy something. It writes c the first time and then copies anything if possible.Ctrl + v won't paste unless you...
  7. CTRL + c and CTRL + v on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL + c and CTRL + v on keyboard: I have an external keyboard attached to my laptop using Windows 10. Somehow I must have hit something on my keyboard because now when I highlight a line and use CTRL + C it does remove that line but replaces it with a c. same thing with a CTRL + V, replaces it with a v. I can...
  8. CTRL + c and CTRL + v on keyboard

CTRL + c and CTRL + v on keyboard: I have an external keyboard attached to my laptop using Windows 10. Somehow I must have hit something on my keyboard because now when I highlight a line and use CTRL + C it does remove that line but replaces it with a c. same thing with a CTRL + V, replaces it with a v. I can...
  9. CTRL + c and CTRL + v on keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Ctrl+C,Ctrl+V,Ctrl+Z not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl+C,Ctrl+V,Ctrl+Z not working: Hi Community, -From last couple of days I am unable to used Ctrl+C,V,Z commands but able to use Ctrl+A,S commands. -I have tried to check driver updates,uninstalled device,used SFC /SCANNOW and later rebooted my device but of no use. -Please suggest a solution....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop keyboard shortcuts not working control z control v