Windows 10: Some keys are not working after a windows 10 update

Discus and support Some keys are not working after a windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have been using Windows 10 for a year and a half on this computer. Everything was working fine until a certain update, some keys on the keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chun KItLau, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Some keys are not working after a windows 10 update

So I have been using Windows 10 for a year and a half on this computer. Everything was working fine until a certain update, some keys on the keyboard appeared to be not working properly, I have to hold that key and press it hard for it to respond. The keys are: R**** delete and backspace. The number pad is working perfectly fine, just the numbers on the top number bar. So basically the most important keys are not working which makes it a real pain to use the keyboard to do any kind of stuff.

Then, one day it suddenly worked perfectly fine again, like nothing happened. Before that I took my computer to check and they told me to use an extended keyboard as my keyboard might be broken. But as it worked again so it is quite certain this is not a hardware fault.

Then a week later which is today, those keys are not working again, even sometimes I hold it or press it super hard.

Therefore I am certain that there should be some crash between the update and the keyboard or the driver. However I have already updated all my drivers, keyboard drivers and windows is up-to-date. I have tried to reinstall the keyboard driver too but nothing worked. I have checked on google and can't find anything that can solve my problem. I have no idea where is the bug or which part is faulty, or crashed.

Therefore I could really use some help desperately as this is just not a laptop if I have to put an extended keyboard in use as there is not much space on my desk for me to put my laptop and also the keyboard.

Thanks

:)

Chun KItLau, Jan 27, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 27, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Some keys are not working after a windows 10 update

windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Some keys are not working after a windows 10 update

1. Some keys are not working after a windows 10 update - Similar Threads - keys are working

2. Some keyboard keys not working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keyboard keys not working after update: Ok so I have an oldschool mechanical, wired keyboard that I've been using for years Saitek Eclipse 2. It was working fine and then recently a few of the keys just stopped working. Specifically the space bar and "B" and "N" keys amongst others this is important.I thought "oh...
  3. Some keyboard keys not working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keyboard keys not working after update: Ok so I have an oldschool mechanical, wired keyboard that I've been using for years Saitek Eclipse 2. It was working fine and then recently a few of the keys just stopped working. Specifically the space bar and "B" and "N" keys amongst others this is important.I thought "oh...
  4. Some keyboard keys not working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. after windows update some keys on laptop not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after windows update some keys on laptop not working: since 9 or 10 august some keys d, delete, backspace etc on my laptop don't work. When I formatted the computer, the keys started working again so I suppose it's not due to a hardware issue. But after 2 days later the problem returned. Running the troubleshooter in the...
  6. Some keyboard keys not working after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some keyboard keys not working after windows update: Last month I updated my Windows 10. After the update five of my keyboard keys stopped working. I thought this was a hardware issue. But after some days a new update came which I installed and the keys started working again properly. Now last week I installed the Feature...
  7. Some keys do not work after July windows update.

Some keys do not work after July windows update.: asus q504uak some keys do not work after recent windows update. I have an asus Q504uak laptop and after the recent windows update several keys on my laptop stopped working. Qxcvm,. and keypad enter no longer work. I am using the onscreen keyboard which works fine. I tested...
  8. Windows 10 - Some keys not working

Windows 10 - Some keys not working: o after I upgraded to Windows 10 some of my keyboard keys stopped working from time to time. The keys I'm talking about are "9", "o", "p", "l", "." and "ä". If I want them to work I have to press them hard or smash them but I'm afraid they'll stop working forever then. I...
  9. Some of keys doesnt work after upgrade windows 10

Some of keys doesnt work after upgrade windows 10: Hello, iam Allen.. so after upgrade windows 10, some of keys in my laptop Asus A455l W, R, T, U, O, P and ENTER not function and i do everything like clean the keyboard, install reinstall the keyboard device but still not working and i do keyboard troubleshooter too it said "...
  10. Some keys on laptop keyboard aren't working (anymore after update Windows 10)

Some keys on laptop keyboard aren't working (anymore after update Windows 10): I have an Asus zenbook UX510UX and I have an issue with the keyboard of the laptop. Since updating Windows 10 last week some keys of the keyboard don't work anymore, more specific the keys of "nhjyu". I restored Windows to a previous point in time and the problem is still. I...