Windows 10: Some keys are not working

Discus and support Some keys are not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When i press ctrl key my laptop mutes automatically. Also brightness reducing key is not working. Two arrow keys, when i play games, doesn't work at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tejasj142, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Tejasj142 Win User

Some keys are not working

When i press ctrl key my laptop mutes automatically. Also brightness reducing key is not working. Two arrow keys, when i play games, doesn't work at all.... Pls give me solution. I've updated windows too but it didn't help.

:)

Tejasj142, Dec 24, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Some keys are not working

1215N function keys not working?

Doesn't list it for the 1215N *Frown Some keys are not working :(

Funny part all the keys work out of the box with Linux Mint, go figure.

Tried the one on softpedia, doesn't seem to work.

Any other model that I can take it from?

speedy11131, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Some keys are not working

1. Some keys are not working - Similar Threads - keys are working

2. Some keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys not working: Hi everyonemy dell Laptop's Keyboard is not working on certain keys which are " T Y CAPS LEFT-SHIFT TAB BACKSPACE", I searched for more than 20 hours and found out that alot of people have had the exact same problem on their laptops, I wanna know if it could be some virus or...
  3. Some keys are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keys are not working: W, S, X, and 2 are not working, so I have to use an on-screen keyboard. But whenever 1 key works, all of them work. I've been dealing with this for the past couple of months, so how can I fix it?...
  4. some keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some keys are not working: Some keys in my hp lapop not working.How to resolve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-are-not-working/9fac9f3a-7627-4a4b-9486-57e8028fe9f2
  5. some keys are not working

some keys are not working: Some keys in my hp lapop not working.How to resolve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-are-not-working/9fac9f3a-7627-4a4b-9486-57e8028fe9f2
  6. some keys are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Some Keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Keys are not working: Some Of The Laptops Keys are not working But Theres a Chance it works after turning on my laptop but it only works like 5 minutes and its not working again,Is There Any Fix?? Also Im using a wired Keyboard to type because T,ALT,F3 and Y is broken...
  8. Some Keys are not working

Some Keys are not working: Some Of The Laptops Keys are not working But Theres a Chance it works after turning on my laptop but it only works like 5 minutes and its not working again,Is There Any Fix?? Also Im using a wired Keyboard to type because T,ALT,F3 and Y is broken...
  9. Some Keys are not working

10. Some keys not working

Some keys not working: I don't think it's the keyboard. I use the on screen keyboard to type. I have two specific letters that will not type it doesn't work with regular keyboard or on screen keyboard every other key works fine. The letters do type if I type a using word prediction just ot if I...