Windows 10: Some keys aren't getting capitalized when I press left shift

Discus and support Some keys aren't getting capitalized when I press left shift in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Some keys aren't getting capitalized when I press left shift. Both right shift and caps lock work fine. The specific keys that do not work are: q w... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nocrantus, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Nocrantus Win User

Some keys aren't getting capitalized when I press left shift

Some keys aren't getting capitalized when I press left shift. Both right shift and caps lock work fine. The specific keys that do not work are:

q

w

e

r

u

i

o

p

Not sure why this is happening, but it's really annoying. Here is some more info:

Computer: Alienware Aurora r5

Keyboard: Matias Model fk308pclbb

This problem began about 3 days ago.

I already ran the Windows Troubleshooter in the keyboard category. Nothing came up.

If you need any more information, let me know.

:)

Nocrantus, Jan 13, 2021

2. Shift Key Changes Capitalization

When I happen to by needing to use the shift key while editing text in most Office applications, the shift key changes the capitalization of the word. Press it once and the first letter comes capitalized, and I think the whole word becomes capitalized if
    you press shift again. This is insanely irritating, because anytime you are using any keyboard shortcut or anything that requires the shift key, it changes the capitalization status of your words.

How do I turn off the ability of the shift key to change capitalization?

soundsofscience, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Windows getting sleep when i press windows logo from keyboard(shift + d not working

It doesn't matter if you use left or right shift? Also,have you enabled sticky keys or anything like that? It sounds like maybe somethings holding the shift down like it's actuator is stuck

jboydgolfer, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Rod 6 Win User

shift key issues

on my asus laptop, when I press the left shift key I get a hyphen and when I press the right shift key I get a small letter c

I have to keep holding the shift key down to use it to make capital letters, then arrow back and remove the hyphen or c

Rod 6, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Some keys aren't getting capitalized when I press left shift - Similar Threads - keys aren't getting

2. I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it: I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it but I need to press caps lock to be able to do so "U", Also the Shift + U is being registered and it's not writted , Additional thing it's not only about the letter u if I switch the language to any other language I...
  3. I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it: I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it but I need to press caps lock to be able to do so "U", Also the Shift + U is being registered and it's not writted , Additional thing it's not only about the letter u if I switch the language to any other language I...
  4. Left Shift + Some keys don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Shift + Some keys don't work: OS: Windows 11 Feature Update 21H2; Build No. 2200.318Device: Laptop - HP AC038TULeft Shift + C, V, M, and Z don't work.I uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard driver but it didn't work. What should I do??Thank you in advance!...
  5. Left Shift + Some keys don't work

Left Shift + Some keys don't work: OS: Windows 11 Feature Update 21H2; Build No. 2200.318Device: Laptop - HP AC038TULeft Shift + C, V, M, and Z don't work.I uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard driver but it didn't work. What should I do??Thank you in advance!...
  6. Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!: Yesterday I removed and put back after 5 minutes the battery of my ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580GD with win10 64bit.After that, everything seems to work normally except I can't make the capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"! But both work...
  7. Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!: Yesterday I removed and put back after 5 minutes the battery of my ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580GD with win10 64bit.After that, everything seems to work normally except I can't make the capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"! But both work...
  8. Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!

9. When I press shift it also presses CTRL so I can't use it to capitalize.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I press shift it also presses CTRL so I can't use it to capitalize.: This happened when I cleaned my keyboard. Now it's just stuck like that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-shift-it-also-presses-ctrl-so-i-cant/bd29244c-1c87-46cf-b6bf-f0e61581cb26
  10. Shift Key Changes Capitalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shift Key Changes Capitalization: When I happen to by needing to use the shift key while editing text in most Office applications, the shift key changes the capitalization of the word. Press it once and the first letter comes capitalized, and I think the whole word becomes capitalized if you press shift...