Windows 10: Some keys aren't getting capitalized when I press left shift

Discus and support Some keys aren't getting capitalized when I press left shift in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Some keys aren't getting capitalized when I press left shift. Both right shift and caps lock work fine. The specific keys that do not work are: q w... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nocrantus, Jan 13, 2021 at 6:37 PM.

1. Nocrantus Win User

Some keys aren't getting capitalized when I press left shift

Some keys aren't getting capitalized when I press left shift. Both right shift and caps lock work fine. The specific keys that do not work are:

q

w

e

r

u

i

o

p

Not sure why this is happening, but it's really annoying. Here is some more info:

Computer: Alienware Aurora r5

Keyboard: Matias Model fk308pclbb

This problem began about 3 days ago.

I already ran the Windows Troubleshooter in the keyboard category. Nothing came up.

If you need any more information, let me know.

:)

2. Shift Key Changes Capitalization

When I happen to by needing to use the shift key while editing text in most Office applications, the shift key changes the capitalization of the word. Press it once and the first letter comes capitalized, and I think the whole word becomes capitalized if
    you press shift again. This is insanely irritating, because anytime you are using any keyboard shortcut or anything that requires the shift key, it changes the capitalization status of your words.

How do I turn off the ability of the shift key to change capitalization?

soundsofscience, Jan 13, 2021 at 6:45 PM
  3. Windows getting sleep when i press windows logo from keyboard(shift + d not working

It doesn't matter if you use left or right shift? Also,have you enabled sticky keys or anything like that? It sounds like maybe somethings holding the shift down like it's actuator is stuck

4. Rod 6 Win User

shift key issues

on my asus laptop, when I press the left shift key I get a hyphen and when I press the right shift key I get a small letter c

I have to keep holding the shift key down to use it to make capital letters, then arrow back and remove the hyphen or c

Thema:

1. Some keys aren't getting capitalized when I press left shift - Similar Threads - keys aren't getting

2. Hyphen starts spamming after I press the left shift key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyphen starts spamming after I press the left shift key.: It's my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyphen-starts-spamming-after-i-press-the-left/48585681-840f-4060-911a-820736bf8e24
  3. I cant press left shift and space at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant press left shift and space at the same time.: I actually don't know the cause of this and for the life of me don't know how it even arose. It randomly appeared a few weeks ago and is becoming a real problem. I literally don't have any other information other than when I press and hold left shift and press space the space...
  4. Taskbar acts as if Shift key is pressed when it's not?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar acts as if Shift key is pressed when it's not?: Hello. The taskbar is acting as if the Shift key is pressed (it's not) because when I right-click windows in it, the wrong pop up appears. The one that appears is the one that would show up if you press Shift + Right Click. "Sticky Keys" is not on. The same doesn't happen...
  5. Cant Type Capital F with Shift Key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant Type Capital F with Shift Key: On my laptop whenever I try to type a capital f with the shift key it doesn't type anything, I can use caps lock and can do f+shift+WindowsKey and it works, but i cant do shift+f, I have tried reinstalling keyboard drivers and I don't have another keyboard to test it, and I...
  6. Need to press left-ctrl+shift for symbols

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to press left-ctrl+shift for symbols: Hey everyone, So I'm Dutch, but I use US language as default. Whenever I log into my laptop with windows 10 and want to type symbols, I for some reason type the wrong symbols (for example " when I want to type @). These symbols are on the same key. When I enter...
  7. When i press shift it deletes a character.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i press shift it deletes a character.: this makes it really hard to write. since if I press shift it backspaces. any help cant make parenthesis or a question mark sorry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-shift-it-deletes-a-character/2a31b6e7-f0a7-4100-9beb-a99224993b3a
  8. Left Shift key malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Left Shift key malfunctioning: When I bought my Laptop, there was no OS installed, So I installed Windows 10, everything was fine, until I noticed that when I type everything is written in caps, I thought that the Cps lock is on but it was the left shift key that has a problem, it seemed like it is stuck...
  9. Shift Key Changes Capitalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shift Key Changes Capitalization: When I happen to by needing to use the shift key while editing text in most Office applications, the shift key changes the capitalization of the word. Press it once and the first letter comes capitalized, and I think the whole word becomes capitalized if you press shift...
  10. i cant press left shift and space in the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant press left shift and space in the same time: when i,m playing a game i cant press left shift button and space button at the same time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/i-cant-press-left-shift-and-space-in-the-same-time/6c390170-07f5-45cf-b515-2ab3b4d75383