Windows 10: Some keys in my laptop are not working properly-

Discus and support Some keys in my laptop are not working properly- in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there!I am having some issues with my laptop- model HP Stream 11 Pro G2, Windows 10.Seems that the shift keys are not working properly and looks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kaka1004, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Kaka1004 Win User

Some keys in my laptop are not working properly-

Hi there!I am having some issues with my laptop- model HP Stream 11 Pro G2, Windows 10.Seems that the shift keys are not working properly and looks like a software issue. I noticed it started when I was using a google template doc, if it helps in any way.All number and letter keys are working: numeric- `1234567890-= alpha- qwertyuiop[]\asdfghjkl;'zxcvbnm,./ caps lock QWERTYUIOP[]\ASDFGHJKL;'ZXCVBNM,./ Shift left and right side pressed- some letter keys work to make a capital letter, some don't.Symbols are the major problem, in example:Using the shift key on the left: !#^&_+ Using the

:)

Kaka1004, Sep 6, 2021

2. Numeric key on my laptop doesn't work properly

Hi Mohammad,

Hardware issues is one of the possible reasons why your number keys on your laptop is not working properly. To ensure that this issue has nothing to do with the apps running on your computer, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. To do this, simply follow
    the steps below:

• From Start, search for msconfig.
    • Select System Configuration from the search results.

Some keys in my laptop are not working properly- 4013453_en_1.png

• On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap
      or click Disable all.

Some keys in my laptop are not working properly- 4013455_en_1.png

• On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.

Some keys in my laptop are not working properly- 4013456_en_1.png

• On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.

Some keys in my laptop are not working properly- 4013457_en_1.png

• Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 6, 2021
  3. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 6, 2021
  4. Some keys in my laptop are not working properly-

Certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly.

Hi Russell,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly on the pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Have you performed a full pc virus scan on the system recently?

Suggest you to launch the on-screen keyboard to check if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Further, you may also boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are several programs that start automatically and run in the background that may interfere with the system.
    These programs may include antivirus and system utility programs. When you perform a clean startup procedure, you prevent these programs from starting automatically.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows: (Applies to Windows 10)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 6, 2021
Thema:

Some keys in my laptop are not working properly-

1. Some keys in my laptop are not working properly- - Similar Threads - keys laptop are

2. Some keys on my laptop are not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys on my laptop are not working.: Hello,I have encountered a problem where some keys on my laptop's keyboard don't work, but this issue only occurs when the laptop gets heated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-on-my-laptop-are-not-working/8e76c196-41d3-4739-a55b-4c963b37e73f
  3. Some keys on my laptop are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys on my laptop are not working.: Hello,I have encountered a problem where some keys on my laptop's keyboard don't work, but this issue only occurs when the laptop gets heated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-on-my-laptop-are-not-working/8e76c196-41d3-4739-a55b-4c963b37e73f
  4. Some keys on my laptop are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some keys not working on my laptop

Some keys not working on my laptop: Hello,I faced a prob were some keys on my laptop's keyboard don't work only when the laptop is heated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-not-working-on-my-laptop/8e76c196-41d3-4739-a55b-4c963b37e73f
  6. Some of my laptop keys are not working

Some of my laptop keys are not working: Hi guys, some of my laptop keys stopped working, I've tried all the standard solutions like updating drivers, uninstallng drivers, I even clean installed windows 10 from 11. I feel like there might be something wrong in registry as there is upperfilters in keyboard section by...
  7. Some of my laptop keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my laptop keys are not working: Hi guys, some of my laptop keys stopped working, I've tried all the standard solutions like updating drivers, uninstallng drivers, I even clean installed windows 10 from 11. I feel like there might be something wrong in registry as there is upperfilters in keyboard section by...
  8. Some of my laptop keys are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Some keys are not working on my laptop’s keyboard

Some keys are not working on my laptop’s keyboard: Basically I haven’t used my laptop for about a week, and when I used it again two days ago I couldn’t type in my password because the number 3 wasn’t working neither on the keypad or the alphanumeric one, and then I noticed that some letters weren’t working either. I entered...
  10. Some keys on my laptop are not working

Some keys on my laptop are not working: I just got a new laptop and the keys k, I, the space bar, the backspace key, and the comma key are not working. And whenever I type L this happens;l. I was able to type this up since the screen is touch screen, but I would strongly prefer to use the keyboard....