Windows 10: Some keys letters, numbers, space stop registering in Windows apps.

Discus and support Some keys letters, numbers, space stop registering in Windows apps. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I looked around and didn't see anyone else comment on this issue, but forgive me if it's already been discussed. Sometimes in Windows System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matthew Sylvester, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Some keys letters, numbers, space stop registering in Windows apps.

Hello,

I looked around and didn't see anyone else comment on this issue, but forgive me if it's already been discussed.

Sometimes in Windows System apps, letter and number keys will not input. This includes: settings, the search bar on the taskbar, sticky notes, the file explorer, the Xbox app, feedback, etc. It doesn't include my browser Chromium-based Brave and other non-system apps such as Eclipse. It also doesn't include some Windows-produced apps, such as Word. It's clearly not a hardware issue -- I'm able to type fine in some apps, but not in others. Additionally, I'd like to stress that this only affects the letter and number keys -- the only keys which are affected are "1234567890" "qwertyuiop" "asdfghjkl" "zxcvbnm" and the space bar. Symbols, such as `-=[]\;',./ all type fine. Keyboard shortcuts such as Ctrl-V don't work, but Windows-V works fine.

I can force this issue to resolve by logging out or restarting, but that's a pain and I don't like doing it. Sometimes, it resolves itself on its own. I've reported this in Feedback, and I'm posting it here as well.

My system is a Lenovo Thinkpad P1 20MD running OS build 19559.1000

:)

Matthew Sylvester, Jun 7, 2020

2. Need help finding OS license key

you can do a couple things.. Hope this helps..

Mindweaver, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    apps in windows 10 do not display with the windows key

The Windows Store cache may get damaged due to corruption. You can try to re-register the Windows Store apps to resolve this. To do that, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + Q, type powershell and select
      Windows PowerShell from the results, right-click on it and choose Run as administrator.
    • Type following command and hit Enter.

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Once the command is successfully executed, you can close Windows PowerShell and reboot the machine.
    In case the issue still persists, run the System File Checker tool to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. To run it:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, then select
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Some keys letters, numbers, space stop registering in Windows apps.

Go straight to All apps letters?

So when you click All apps, you get an alphabetical list. If you have more than two programs installed, scrolling through it becomes cumbersome.

A friend from the Insider program mentioned clicking on the title letters in the list, which wasn't at all obvious, and that produces a list of all the title letters, and enables you to jump to the letter of interest... if you know it [1]. But it takes three clicks to get to the list... Start / All Apps / A (or whatever).

Is there any way to reduce the number of clicks to get to that title letters index?

Or am I better off to install Classic Start Menu, once it is working for Windows 10?

winten user, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Some keys letters, numbers, space stop registering in Windows apps.

1. Some keys letters, numbers, space stop registering in Windows apps. - Similar Threads - keys letters numbers

2. Sometimes my keyboard stop working only letter and number keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes my keyboard stop working only letter and number keys: I am using Asus laptop for my work, and sometimes my keyboard doesn't work. Oddly, only the letter and number keys didn't work. Other keys such as space bar, arrows, tab, Enter, etc. work normally. I always use an external keyboard, and when this problem occurs, both of my...
  3. Sometimes my keyboard stop working only letter and number keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes my keyboard stop working only letter and number keys: I am using Asus laptop for my work, and sometimes my keyboard doesn't work. Oddly, only the letter and number keys didn't work. Other keys such as space bar, arrows, tab, Enter, etc. work normally. I always use an external keyboard, and when this problem occurs, both of my...
  4. Sometimes my keyboard stop working only letter and number keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard: So as the title of this post says , some letters and numbers on my keyboard won't work i.e I can type the numbers and letters b , c , l , 3 but not a , 1 or 2I've tried reinstalling the keyboard's drivers , uninstalled them , turned off sticky keys but with no result. Could...
  6. Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard: So as the title of this post says , some letters and numbers on my keyboard won't work i.e I can type the numbers and letters b , c , l , 3 but not a , 1 or 2I've tried reinstalling the keyboard's drivers , uninstalled them , turned off sticky keys but with no result. Could...
  7. Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard

8. Letters and numbers stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Letters and numbers stop working: Hi there!So i have this problem where sometimes, out of nowhere, my windows computer suddenly stops taking numbers and letters input.This will last for about 3 mins and then go away again for quite some time like 2 hours before doing it again.I know it has nothing to do with...
  9. Keyboard randomly stops inputting LETTERS & NUMBERS for SOME applications, but windows key,...

Keyboard randomly stops inputting LETTERS & NUMBERS for SOME applications, but windows key,...: This has been happening on and off for a while now.My keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite will randomly stop inputting letters for most applications. Now there are a couple of strange things about this that have completely confused the hell out of me:Letters and numbers do not...
  10. Keyboard not registering some letters

Keyboard not registering some letters: This happened suddenly today. I had been using the laptop for some time, typing in both English and Greek with no problem. Then I went to log onto a website and my b key didn`t register. Other keys also fail to register or show as something different such as an accented i or...