Windows 10: Some keys not working when connected to a specific network

Discus and support Some keys not working when connected to a specific network in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Last week a few keys on my HP mini laptop stopped working. I hadn't made any changes prior to this issue. To check if it was a hardware issue, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Seeker_848, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Some keys not working when connected to a specific network

Hi, Last week a few keys on my HP mini laptop stopped working. I hadn't made any changes prior to this issue. To check if it was a hardware issue, I downloaded and ran the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic utility which seemed to shutdown without providing any feedback, however, it fixed the problem for the time being and proved that it was a software issue, however, the problem came back. I have had constant problems with hack attacks on my wifi networks, so I changed the necessary passwords related to the system. Now the problem only occurs when I am connected to a certain wifi network. I have Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) on my machine. My question is, even if a hacker were able to compromise the wifi network in question, what part of Windows would allow them to disable keys and how can I prevent it?

:)

Seeker_848, Nov 15, 2019

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Nov 15, 2019
  3. network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Some keys not working when connected to a specific network

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Some keys not working when connected to a specific network

1. Some keys not working when connected to a specific network - Similar Threads - keys working connected

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network: My Lenovo laptop was working fine then a couple days ago when trying to connect to a specific wifi network, its completely freezes.Deleted and completely reinstalled windows. And it didnt solve the problem. Updated my WLAN driver and still freezing.Any idea how to fix this...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network: My Lenovo laptop was working fine then a couple days ago when trying to connect to a specific wifi network, its completely freezes.Deleted and completely reinstalled windows. And it didnt solve the problem. Updated my WLAN driver and still freezing.Any idea how to fix this...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Internet not connecting to specific network

Internet not connecting to specific network: I have a laptop and a mobile phone. When I turn on the mobile hotspot, my laptop would connect to it but shows "no internet, secured". If I connect the mobile hotspot to some other laptop, it would connect to it and work fine, similarly, If I connect another mobile's hotspot...
  6. DPC Watchdog when connecting to a specific network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC Watchdog when connecting to a specific network: Hello! I've recently switched Internet providers specifically from Unifi to Digi and I've been getting DPC_Watchdog_violation when connecting to my new wifi network. It's only that specific wifi network, anything else and it's fine. I'm currently using a TP-Link Archer T3U...
  7. DPC Watchdog when connecting to a specific network

DPC Watchdog when connecting to a specific network: Hello! I've recently switched Internet providers specifically from Unifi to Digi and I've been getting DPC_Watchdog_violation when connecting to my new wifi network. It's only that specific wifi network, anything else and it's fine. I'm currently using a TP-Link Archer T3U...
  8. DPC Watchdog when connecting to a specific network

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Caps lock key is not working for some specific keys german keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock key is not working for some specific keys german keyboard: I couldn't find anyone having the same issue anywhere on the internet, so I decided to ask this question. I have the problem that on my laptop, the caps lock key is not working for some specific keys. I have a German keyboard layout. These keys are: [^ ´ - <], brackets NOT...
  10. Caps lock key is not working for some specific keys german keyboard

Caps lock key is not working for some specific keys german keyboard: I couldn't find anyone having the same issue anywhere on the internet, so I decided to ask this question. I have the problem that on my laptop, the caps lock key is not working for some specific keys. I have a German keyboard layout. These keys are: [^ ´ - <], brackets NOT...