Windows 10: Some keys not working with Shift both

Discus and support Some keys not working with Shift both in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Some keys s, c, n, m, j are not working with either of the Shift keys in Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 OS build 19041.508 Windows Feature Experience Pack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shafiullah Usmani, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Some keys not working with Shift both

Some keys s, c, n, m, j are not working with either of the Shift keys in Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 OS build 19041.508 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

All the keys are working individually, Shift key is working with all other keys.

Issue does not persist when booted in Safe Mode.

Issue persists even when using on-screen keyboard or touch keyboard.

Issue does not persist when typing password for Windows Login.

Issue does not persist if typed immediately after login, but starts after 30-40 seconds after login.

Issue persists in all kind of software and system settings also.

:)

Shafiullah Usmani, Sep 21, 2020
  2. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Sep 21, 2020
  3. KatJB Win User
    shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, Sep 21, 2020
  4. m3110w Win User

Some keys not working with Shift both

HP Pavilion 15-ab030tx . Shift-quote key combo not working (Windows 10

Thanks for your reply.

I am pressing them together, even though it doesn't appear on the Kybd Event Viewer screenshot. Both shift keys are working normally with other keys. But for some reason neither shift key works with the single-quote key.

I did try Sticky Keys and it works! The double quote character appears when I use it. However, it works for ALL keys, which isn't good for me; I'd have to totally change my typing patterns. I only want it to work with the single-quote key, and I don't think that's possible. The ShortKeys solution works well.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Cheers,

m3110w, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Some keys not working with Shift both

1. Some keys not working with Shift both - Similar Threads - keys working Shift

2. Shift key not working both sides

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key not working both sides: This is the 2nd time this has happened, the first, about a year ago, righted itself but now it’s happened again. I tried all sorts last time but nothing worked. However, it sorted itself and I have had no problems in the past year. I don’t think it’s the keyboard: everything...
  3. Both shift keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both shift keys aren't working: Whenever both of my shift keys aren't working, I'll watch YouTube tutorials on how to fix it like removing sticky keys/filter keys, updating my keyboard drivers, updating/restarting the computer, etc. But somehow the shift keys continues to not work after I've attempted those...
  4. Both shift keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both shift keys aren't working: Whenever both of my shift keys aren't working, I'll watch YouTube tutorials on how to fix it like removing sticky keys/filter keys, updating my keyboard drivers, updating/restarting the computer, etc. But somehow the shift keys continues to not work after I've attempted those...
  5. Both the shift keys not working sometimes

Both the shift keys not working sometimes: Product: HP Laptop Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11I've had this laptop for just under 3 years and both shift keys have been malfunctioning for a while now, entire keyboard works normally but those 2 sometimes just stop working for hours. I've tried checking, updating...
  6. My both shift keys not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My both shift keys not working!: Hi, from a few months my both shift key stopped working. When I restarted my laptop in safe mode, they started working! I understood that some background app is interfering with the shift key, but the problem is I have a lot of programs installed, and I can't figure it out....
  7. both shift keys stopped working

both shift keys stopped working: i've had this issue b4 and researched a lot about it and it eventually resolved itself but can't figure out how. now it's back, both shift keys stopped working, if i press them a lot they start working for a while then stop, i've already tried many things, it's not drivers,...
  8. Both [Shift] keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both [Shift] keys not working: About yesterday, both my [Shift] keys stopped working, even my [Right Shift] key, which I never use. None of my other keys have been affected and the problem is isolated to the [Shift] keys exclusively. I have already tried some of the more common fixes to this problem making...
  9. Both [Shift] keys not working

Both [Shift] keys not working: About yesterday, both my [Shift] keys stopped working, even my [Right Shift] key, which I never use. None of my other keys have been affected and the problem is isolated to the [Shift] keys exclusively. I have already tried some of the more common fixes to this problem making...
  10. both shift keys not working - not sticky keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    both shift keys not working - not sticky keys: Both shift keys stopped working, although if I press them for long enough on and off then they resume, and will continue working for the most part unless I stop typing for a short while. At first it required pressing just a couple of times for them to work again and it got...