Windows 10: Some keys on keyboard no registering properly

Discus and support Some keys on keyboard no registering properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some odd reason various key inputs are working half the time, or requires holding down he button. For example, ø, i only works if I hold down they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by njaalsand, Nov 28, 2021.

1. njaalsand Win User

Some keys on keyboard no registering properly

For some odd reason various key inputs are working half the time, or requires holding down he button. For example, ø, i only works if I hold down they key and then I get 4 in a row. On screen keyboard acts the same way. Ironically it works in a virtual os left ctrl is also not registering half the time and t. Changing usb port is not helping, nor using another keyboard.

:)

njaalsand, Nov 28, 2021

2. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 28, 2021
  3. Keyboard volume keys not working properly after upgrade to Win10

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Uninstall and reinstall the Keyboard driver from manufacturer’s website.

Follow these steps to Uninstall Keyboard driver.

• Press Windows key + X to select Device Manager.

• Search for Keyboard driver and expand it.

• Right click on the Keyboard driver and select Uninstall.

• Follow the onscreen directions to complete the process and restart the computer.

Further, I suggest you to download the latest keyboard drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

4. Some keys on keyboard no registering properly

Certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly.

Hi Russell,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly on the pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Have you performed a full pc virus scan on the system recently?

Suggest you to launch the on-screen keyboard to check if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Further, you may also boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are several programs that start automatically and run in the background that may interfere with the system.
    These programs may include antivirus and system utility programs. When you perform a clean startup procedure, you prevent these programs from starting automatically.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows: (Applies to Windows 10)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Thema:

Some keys on keyboard no registering properly

1. Some keys on keyboard no registering properly - Similar Threads - keys keyboard registering

2. Some keys on keyboard no registering properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys on keyboard no registering properly: For some odd reason various key inputs are working half the time, or requires holding down he button. For example, ø, i only works if I hold down they key and then I get 4 in a row. On screen keyboard acts the same way. Ironically it works in a virtual os left ctrl is also...
  3. Some keys on keyboard no registering properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys on keyboard no registering properly: For some odd reason various key inputs are working half the time, or requires holding down he button. For example, ø, i only works if I hold down they key and then I get 4 in a row. On screen keyboard acts the same way. Ironically it works in a virtual os left ctrl is also...
  4. Keyboard keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys not working properly: I have a Lenovo laptop, and a few weeks back I started getting issues with my keyboard right after I updated Windows 10. The q,w,e,r,u,i,o,p and Windows keys dont work properly. Sometimes when I press them they dont register and dont type at all and sometimes they type double...
  5. Keyboard keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys not working properly: I have a Lenovo laptop, and a few weeks back I started getting issues with my keyboard right after I updated Windows 10. The q,w,e,r,u,i,o,p and Windows keys dont work properly. Sometimes when I press them they dont register and dont type at all and sometimes they type double...
  6. Keyboard keys not working properly

7. Keyboard not registering some letters

Keyboard not registering some letters: This happened suddenly today. I had been using the laptop for some time, typing in both English and Greek with no problem. Then I went to log onto a website and my b key didn`t register. Other keys also fail to register or show as something different such as an accented i or...
  8. Keyboard keys needing several taps to register

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard keys needing several taps to register: my a and w keys barely work anymore, like I have to tap w and a 5 times each for either of them to register. same when im holding them down. I have pulled the keys out and cleaned them and whats underneath and I have blown keyboard down with a cold hairdryer but nothing is...
  9. sculpt keyboard UK layout some keys are not properly mapped

sculpt keyboard UK layout some keys are not properly mapped: Bought a microsoft sculpt keyboard UK layout. Configured in English UK with my system but some keys are wrong. Tested with other layouts (dead keys, english US...) Number Two is printed with quotations but is writing AT (@), and two keys besides Enter (AT, accent / hash)...
  10. One key not registering on keyboard, not even on virtual keyboard.

One key not registering on keyboard, not even on virtual keyboard.: The key for the equal sign isn't working on my keyboard, and just now I found out it won't work with the windows accesibility tools virtual keyboard. Strangely, the + sign works, even though it's the same key with shift pressed down. The keyboard works correctly on other 3...