Windows 10: Some keys won't function when I use other keys

Discus and support Some keys won't function when I use other keys in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In every application, every keyboard I've used, and just with this PC, for some reason I am not able to press shift + space + any other key at the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jonah Bitz, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Some keys won't function when I use other keys

In every application, every keyboard I've used, and just with this PC, for some reason I am not able to press shift + space + any other key at the same time. This control is very valuable to most games I play and I have to unpress either shift or space for any other key to work on my keyboard. I can press 2 of the 3 keys at once space, shift, and any key , for example, shift + space, shift + any key, space + any key, but when you try to add the other of the 3 keys, that key refuses to function. This has been a problem ever since I got this PC and it has been like this with every different pa

:)

Jonah Bitz, Dec 29, 2021

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Dec 29, 2021
  3. laptop function keys won't work

Hey lads.

Me mum is having some problems with her laptop.
    Her function keys won't work for her anymore?

Would anyone have any ideas as to why this has happened?

Irish_PXzyan, Dec 29, 2021
  4. Some keys won't function when I use other keys

1215N function keys not working?

Doesn't list it for the 1215N *Frown Some keys won't function when I use other keys :(

Funny part all the keys work out of the box with Linux Mint, go figure.

Tried the one on softpedia, doesn't seem to work.

Any other model that I can take it from?

speedy11131, Dec 29, 2021
Thema:

Some keys won't function when I use other keys

1. Some keys won't function when I use other keys - Similar Threads - keys won't function

2. Some keys are not functioning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys are not functioning.: I have tried resetting, rebooting, and reinstalling drivers, but yet nothing works. My I key, my U key, and my seven and eight keys have stopped functioning after seemingly no outward stimuli. They will stop functioning altogether And intermittently start working again if I...
  3. Some keys are not functioning.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keys are not functioning.: I have tried resetting, rebooting, and reinstalling drivers, but yet nothing works. My I key, my U key, and my seven and eight keys have stopped functioning after seemingly no outward stimuli. They will stop functioning altogether And intermittently start working again if I...
  4. My keys are pressing other keys at the same time it has the same function as the other key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keys are pressing other keys at the same time it has the same function as the other key: This has been happening for a while now but when I press numpad "4" key it also presses the numpad "/" key and vice versaso when I press either of those keys it shows "4/"I'm sure there's a way to fix it without needing to download another key mapping app out in the internet...
  5. Laptop will use other keys when I press different keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will use other keys when I press different keys.: Hi, When I press some letters on my keyboard it uses a whole bunch of other keys. Like if I use p, it will use qew-iop or things like that. please help, this laptop is very important for my work. ive been copy pasting p this whole time...
  6. Laptop will use other keys when I press different keys.

Laptop will use other keys when I press different keys.: Hi, When I press some letters on my keyboard it uses a whole bunch of other keys. Like if I use p, it will use qew-iop or things like that. please help, this laptop is very important for my work. ive been copy pasting p this whole time...
  7. Some keys won't function when I use other keys

Some keys won't function when I use other keys: In every application, every keyboard I've used, and just with this PC, for some reason I am not able to press shift + space + any other key at the same time. This control is very valuable to most games I play and I have to unpress either shift or space for any other key to...
  8. "f" key is not working - rebound to some other function

in Windows 10 Customization
    "f" key is not working - rebound to some other function: The "f" key on my laptop's keyboard has stopped working. Now, whenever I press that key it functions similar to the 'tab' key, highlighting different objects within the window I'm in.This problem started at random - I haven't installed any new software, and my Windows is up...
  9. Fn + Windows Key + Other functions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fn + Windows Key + Other functions?: Hey, I've gotten an update of windows August 2020 today and after reboot, I pressed the windows key but no window bar has open. Luckily I figured out soon after to need to press Fn + Windows key + another function key to uses the default windows function such as open window's...
  10. Switching Function Keys' Use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching Function Keys' Use: Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite P50-C-12Z and have been trying to change my function keys so that I don't need to press the fn button to use the special keys (change volume and brightness etc) - and so need to press fn to use the F1-12 keys. I found the setting in the BIOS...