Windows 10: Some laptop keyboard keys display a different value - eg. @ as "

Discus and support Some laptop keyboard keys display a different value - eg. @ as " in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I noticed this today 9.11.2019 and have tried to change the language, but did not help. I work in Eng UK mode, but my keyboard may be Eng US - the @ is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelNeilon, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Some laptop keyboard keys display a different value - eg. @ as "

I noticed this today 9.11.2019 and have tried to change the language, but did not help. I work in Eng UK mode, but my keyboard may be Eng US - the @ is on the 2 key. Other keys gone wrong are: Tilda is now ¬ ; hast sign is now £ .

As a writer I need my keys to be in the right place - please help.

Thanks

:)

MichaelNeilon, Nov 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Key values have switched on two keys

Hi Ennoh,

With regard to your question about keyboard layout, the main differences between a US and UK keyboard are the following:

• An Alt-Gr key is added to the right of the space bar.
    • The @ and are swapped.
    • The ~ is moved to the # key, and is replaced by a
      ¬ symbol on the back quote (`) key.
    • The \ key is moved to the left of the Z key.
    • The Enter key spans two rows, and is narrower to accommodate the #
      key.
    • On laptop computers, the | and \ key is often placed next to the space bar.

Meanwhile, let us walk you through on how to add a keyboard layout in Windows 10. Follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start Menu.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Time & language and click on Region & language.
    • Under Language, click on Windows display language and select
      Options.
    • Click on Add a keyboard.
    • Choose the keyboard layout you want to add or use.

From there, you can now go back to your previous keyboard layout.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

Some laptop keyboard keys display a different value - eg. @ as "

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Some laptop keyboard keys display a different value - eg. @ as "

1. Some laptop keyboard keys display a different value - eg. @ as " - Similar Threads - laptop keyboard keys

2. Different display language and keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different display language and keyboard layout: Hello fellow members,I have English as my display language because I work as a software developer and most of my devices use English as the system language, though all my input layouts are German QWERTZ because I live in Germany.How do I remove this pesky English United...
  3. Different display language and keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different display language and keyboard layout: Hello fellow members,I have English as my display language because I work as a software developer and most of my devices use English as the system language, though all my input layouts are German QWERTZ because I live in Germany.How do I remove this pesky English United...
  4. Windows Registry key value change in different time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Registry key value change in different time: Dear Sir, Customer has a Windows 2016 active directory using with group policy. He has a problem of Windows registry key value change time to time during computer usage for several hours. The registry value is Proxyoverride.When the computer startup after login , it has a...
  5. Windows Registry key value change in different time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Registry key value change in different time: Dear Sir, Customer has a Windows 2016 active directory using with group policy. He has a problem of Windows registry key value change time to time during computer usage for several hours. The registry value is Proxyoverride.When the computer startup after login , it has a...
  6. Windows Registry key value change in different time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Display Scaling set to some fractional value

Display Scaling set to some fractional value: My screen resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 and it's scaling is set to 125% in the display scaling settings. But the scaling doesn't seem to be appropriate. I was debugging a webpage on Chrome and a width of 1200 pixels was corresponding to a width of around 1183.20 pixels...
  8. Some keys not responsive on laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys not responsive on laptop keyboard: Only 4 keys are dead - escape, arrow up, and letters g and h right in the middle. I have to use a virtual on-screen keyboard to type them here. I read that installation of some software can mess up keyboard drivers. Well, I uninstalled all my recent apps and did...
  9. Some keys are not working on my laptop’s keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys are not working on my laptop’s keyboard: Basically I haven’t used my laptop for about a week, and when I used it again two days ago I couldn’t type in my password because the number 3 wasn’t working neither on the keypad or the alphanumeric one, and then I noticed that some letters weren’t working either. I entered...
  10. Different Keyboard and Display Language

Different Keyboard and Display Language: Hello there. I am deperately trying to keep my english display language, but changing the default keyboard layout to german or french. I did everything described in the web, including Time & Language settings, advanced keyboard settings etc. For the solution with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display keyboard value