Windows 10: Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard

Discus and support Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So as the title of this post says , some letters and numbers on my keyboard won't work i.e I can type the numbers and letters b , c , l , 3 but not a ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Greek Reaper13, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard

So as the title of this post says , some letters and numbers on my keyboard won't work i.e I can type the numbers and letters b , c , l , 3 but not a , 1 or 2I've tried reinstalling the keyboard's drivers , uninstalled them , turned off sticky keys but with no result. Could someone perhaps help me fix it ?

:)

Greek Reaper13, Jun 21, 2022
  2. Sandoval Win User

Keyboard not working

I have hp envy laptop with touchscreen. I never used the touchscreen keyboard until i had problems with keyboard on the laptop couple hours ago. Some of the Keys werent working at all, some would type numbers or incorrect letters or type commas after each letter. I tried adding and changing languages, and restoring system. Now, the laptop keyboard including function keys and the mouse doesnt work at all. When i go into control panel under keyboard- typing the only option listed is for touchscreen. Not sure if i somehow manged to disengage the main keyboard and mouse. Please help!

Sandoval, Jun 21, 2022
  3. moskal91 Win User
    NumLock Turns Letters Into Numbers on Desktop Computer

I had the same problem, it seems that it happens only with several keyboards.
    Finally I solved it this way (sorry, but I've got Polish language set):

Now find something like "Standard keyboard device" on the drivers list, install it (click Yes in the compatibility warning window) and check if keyboard is still working.

If so - reboot Your computer and enjoy fixed keyboard without letters turning into numbers.

If not - revert driver back and try another one.

moskal91, Jun 21, 2022
  4. RQT
    rqt Win User

Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

Thema:

Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard

1. Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard - Similar Threads - letters numbers are

2. Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard: So as the title of this post says , some letters and numbers on my keyboard won't work i.e I can type the numbers and letters b , c , l , 3 but not a , 1 or 2I've tried reinstalling the keyboard's drivers , uninstalled them , turned off sticky keys but with no result. Could...
  3. Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard: So as the title of this post says , some letters and numbers on my keyboard won't work i.e I can type the numbers and letters b , c , l , 3 but not a , 1 or 2I've tried reinstalling the keyboard's drivers , uninstalled them , turned off sticky keys but with no result. Could...
  4. Some numbers and letters don't work on login screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some numbers and letters don't work on login screen.: Hello, When I type in the pin or password box on the windows login screen, some of them don't register. This means I'm unable to login. I've tried rebooting several times, but there's no change....
  5. Some numbers and letters don't work on login screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some numbers and letters don't work on login screen.: Hello, When I type in the pin or password box on the windows login screen, some of them don't register. This means I'm unable to login. I've tried rebooting several times, but there's no change....
  6. Some numbers and letters don't work on login screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Keyboard stop working only letter and number

Keyboard stop working only letter and number: Good morning,in my laptop and also my desktop it happened already 2 times that the keyboard stop working except for alt+tab combination windows button enter etc.. only the letters and number doesn't work. Anyone had the same problem ? couldnt find any info on the web...
  8. Keyboard not registering some letters

Keyboard not registering some letters: This happened suddenly today. I had been using the laptop for some time, typing in both English and Greek with no problem. Then I went to log onto a website and my b key didn`t register. Other keys also fail to register or show as something different such as an accented i or...
  9. Russian ЯШЕРТЫ keyboard. Some letters are not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Russian ЯШЕРТЫ keyboard. Some letters are not working.: On my newly acquired Surface Pro 7, after enabling the mentioned keyboard the letters Ч and Щ do not work. I do not use Russian typewriter keyboard. I have to resort to using Bulgarian phonetic as this is the only other phonetic Cyrillic keyboard. Can you fix it?...
  10. Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters

Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters: keyboard types numbers instead of letters in the command window. Also in some other apps. Not in notepad, not in google chrome not in file explorer. Pressing Num Lock doesn't change anything. Using an Asus UX31e Zenbook with external mouse, keyboard and monitor. Keyboard...