Windows 10: Some letters are corrupted in Start menu and in windows options including Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Some letters are corrupted in Start menu and in windows options including Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Please help me about this :D i would be very helpful, this also happens on Microsoft Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BakirHadzimustafic, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Some letters are corrupted in Start menu and in windows options including Microsoft Edge

Some letters are corrupted in Start menu and in windows options including Microsoft Edge de998e50-570c-4b1e-b9ba-3f0c277b0282?upload=true.png

Please help me about this Some letters are corrupted in Start menu and in windows options including Microsoft Edge :D i would be very helpful, this also happens on Microsoft Edge

:)

BakirHadzimustafic, Feb 27, 2020

2. Kill the letters! (Start menu apps list.)

One final hack/adjustment and I will be at peace.
    So far no-one has come up with a way to remove the stupid letters from the start menu apps list... have they?

Please do NOT suggest third part apps.
    I value the right click menu features on the Start button and all the third party Start Menu apps screw with this.
    I don't want another program, I just want the stupid clumsy letters gone!

Any creative geniuses out there?
    I'm not the only one who wants this, surely! Some letters are corrupted in Start menu and in windows options including Microsoft Edge :)

Some letters are corrupted in Start menu and in windows options including Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

And it doesn't even work...
    Is the name of the program used to determine where the app goes or the name of the company that makes the program.. or even whether it's free or not!
    (See image F for Free!)
    Useless and pathetic Microsoft!

teachermark, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Start menu and Microsoft Edge is not working

Hi Penny,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What happen when you try to open Microsoft Edge?
    Let’s try simple methods and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1.

For the issue Microsoft Edge, I recommend you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below link to run app troubleshooter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

For the issue with Start menu, try the below methods.

Method 2.

For the issue with start menu, try the below step.

Step 1.

I suggest you to go through the powershell commands and try the below steps provided.

• Open the Task manager by pressing Windows key + X.
    • Click on File tab and select Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside Create this task with administrative privileges.
    • Type Powershell.
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Close the Powershell window
    • Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.
    If the issue still persist, try the below step:

Step 2.

This issue could be due to the system file is being corrupt. I recommend you to perform SFC scan, System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Follow the
    below link on how to run SFC scan.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

You can also visit the below link for more information

Start menu doesn’t appear

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Some letters are corrupted in Start menu and in windows options including Microsoft Edge

Edge disappeared and start menu not working on Windows 10

Hello Richard,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can isolate the issue regarding Microsoft Edge and Start menu:

• Have you tried to searching in Cortana search to check if Edge can be located?
    • Besides powershell, what other troubleshooting steps have you performed?

In the meantime, you can download and run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter to isolate the issue on Edge.

We also suggest that you download and run the
    Start Menu troubleshooter to fix common Start menu issues.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Some letters are corrupted in Start menu and in windows options including Microsoft Edge

1. Some letters are corrupted in Start menu and in windows options including Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - letters are corrupted

2. Missing start menu letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing start menu letter: On Windows 10. In the start menu. In the alphabetical order, I can see letters starting with "A". Something happened, not sure, but I can no longer see anything that begins with the letter "D". "D" is removed from the alphabetical list. How can I restore that letter back to...
  3. Missing start menu letter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing start menu letter: On Windows 10. In the start menu. In the alphabetical order, I can see letters starting with "A". Something happened, not sure, but I can no longer see anything that begins with the letter "D". "D" is removed from the alphabetical list. How can I restore that letter back to...
  4. Missing start menu letter

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Corrupted Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Start Menu: I upgraded to 1909 yesterday, and, among other things, the tiling operation of Start Menus is corrupted. For random tiles, they either don't work and/or cannot be moved, or some shortcuts are not successfully pinned. They either do or don't show up in the apps list on the...
  6. corrupted start menu and windows apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    corrupted start menu and windows apps.: Good morning, My problem started about 2 weeks ago. whenever I try to open 'start menu' there is this popup : critical error please log out. and that's what I did at first, but the problem was never fixed. Then I discovered more issues, none of windows apps is working :...
  7. Microsoft removes context menu options on Edge for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft removes context menu options on Edge for Windows 10: Google recently started work on refining the context menus in Chrome browser to get rid of the clutter and redundancy. Google experimented with refined context menus in Google Chrome Canary, and Microsoft is now also bringing Google’s proposed changes to the Edge browser....
  8. Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt": Since updating Windows 10 to version 1803, I noticed that at the bottom of my Start Menu there is a category "Other" and one item under that category listed as "ms-resource:appDisplayName". When I click on it, it opens a page in Windows Store where I can check for app...
  9. Corrupted Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Start Menu Icons: Hello Windows 10 Forum, I am frequently getting corrupted icons appearing in my Start Menu. These icons are appearing anyways if I am signed in with Microsoft or with a local account. I am really annoyed with these white icons. I would be thankful if this great forum could...
  10. Corrupted text on some menu items

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted text on some menu items: Hi, I have a laptop, HP Pavillion 15, Windows 10 64 Home version 1607, build 14393.82. I have recently noticed that whilst browsing my PC and using programs, some menu text is becoming obscured by coloured or black boxes, which clears after a reboot, but can reappear...