Windows 10: Some Microsoft Programs do not recognize my connection to the internet.

Discus and support Some Microsoft Programs do not recognize my connection to the internet. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've seen this asked and answer several times in the forums, but the answers I've seen do not help and I am apparently stuck. I am currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by scuba c, Oct 18, 2018.

1. scuba c Win User

Some Microsoft Programs do not recognize my connection to the internet.

Hello, I've seen this asked and answer several times in the forums, but the answers I've seen do not help and I am apparently stuck.

I am currently running Windows 10 version 1803.

The symptoms -

1. Network Icon missing from Systems Tray

- Tried to add via settings...add/remove items from sys tray but this option shows enabled, but is greyed out and cannot be switched one way or the other

- Tried utilizing group policy editor to disable the remove network option from group policy and this was a no-go as well.

2. Most Microsoft programs do not recognize a connection, but all other programs do.

- Edge will not load google.com or cnn.com but other internet browsers do (IE, FireFox, Chrome tested and working)

- Microsoft Office programs will show not connected and no internet connection

- Microsoft store won't load due to connection issue

- Xbox won't can't sign in for error reported as no internet connection

3. Windows update last checked for updates on 10/11/2018 (which is when I suspect this problem started). When I click "Check for Update" I receive an error - 0x80070422. A quick google on firefox shows that error as a connection issue and suggest to restart the WinUpdate service. (this is a no go as well).

Any suggestions to resolve this issue?

:)

scuba c, Oct 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Oct 18, 2018
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Some Microsoft Programs do not recognize my connection to the internet.

Strange problem with connectivity to internet

just checked but internet explorer isn't in list in programms and features in control panel. *Frown Some Microsoft Programs do not recognize my connection to the internet. :(

freebird_9924, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Some Microsoft Programs do not recognize my connection to the internet.

1. Some Microsoft Programs do not recognize my connection to the internet. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Programs recognize

2. Some programs can't connect to internet, troubleshooter errors, can't download program...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs can't connect to internet, troubleshooter errors, can't download program...: So this started a few days ago when I opened up Google Chrome and realised none of the tabs were connecting to the internet, while Firefox was and still is working just fine. I've looked through many answers given for similar issues on many different sites and I'm starting to...
  3. Some programs can't connect to internet, troubleshooter errors, can't download program...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some programs can't connect to internet, troubleshooter errors, can't download program...: So this started a few days ago when I opened up Google Chrome and realised none of the tabs were connecting to the internet, while Firefox was and still is working just fine. I've looked through many answers given for similar issues on many different sites and I'm starting to...
  4. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  5. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  6. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Program Will Not Connect to Internet

Program Will Not Connect to Internet: Hello,I have been newly installing some new collecting programs on my computer. I had no problem with the movie and video game collector but when I try to connect to the internet on the movie program, It tells me that it cannot connect to the internt. I have made sure that it...
  8. Opening browsers "disables" the internet connection for some programs

Opening browsers "disables" the internet connection for some programs: Good day, I'm stumped, and very frustrated, with this. Hoping this goes into the correct topic stream as I don't really know under what to search. When I open browsers Opera, Firefox, Internet Explorer, after a while the internet connection for some programs is disabled:...
  9. Some programs cant connect to internet connection

Some programs cant connect to internet connection: Miscosoft store, epic games launcher, valorant and dead by daylight cant connect to internet. In microsoft store everything is loading slower than before but when I try to buy or download something it says connection problem, error 0x800704cf . In valorant it was error 21 and...
  10. Internet is connected but some programs denied

Internet is connected but some programs denied: Steam (steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again). The McAfee program also cannot run after download as there is an internet connection problem. I also have same problem with garena plus. Besides, I am unable to download...